Templeman! - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Templeman!

morriton

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 or 3 weeks behind in reaction time!

ohmy.gif

18603[/snapback]

Harsh... i watched him last night very close and when he gets the ball to feet he rarely loses it.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Harsh... i watched him last night very close and when he gets  the ball to feet he rarely loses it.

18608[/snapback]

Not harsh at all!

Seems very slow of thought and deed at times.

Take your point about when he gets it to feet, but he's got to be quicker and more mobile.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

Harsh... i watched him last night very close and when he gets  the ball to feet he rarely loses it.

18608[/snapback]

I've tried to stay positive with Templeman throughout his struggles here but it's beginning to look like another potential 'Williams situation'. Chris just doesn't look happy on the park.

If he's 2 or 3 weeks behind the others then get him out of the team and get him fit again. The case would be different if Temps was doing well but at the moment I reckon playing week in week out is doing more harm than good for both Chris and the club itself. Take him out the team, get him fit and then bring him back when he's ready.

TRUST THE DUFF

C'mon people, the league campaign has not started in earnest yet, and we have 'supporters' not backing their team and it's players.

We win as a team, and lose as a team - as such the team should be criticised as a whole, not just attacks on the attributes of any individual!!

The fact is - we all know Chris's strengths and obvious weakness - his teammates and manager do too - so they should be assisting the big guy by playing the ball to his feet, and giving the guy back up from midfield, and not relying on the long high ball.

As for us fans in the shed or in the stands, give the guy support, not abuse, if you can't show encouragement to a Ton player, then shame on you!!

I honestly think that big Temps will be our top goalscorer this season - all he needs is his confidence lifted - that's part of our job as supporters!

LAST NIGHT WHEN I PUT MY POST ON I WAS JUST BACK FROM THE GAME AND WAS SUFFERING PURE FRUSTRATION AND I TOOK IT IT OUT ON BIG CHRIS AND I WAS BANG OUT OF ORDER. CHRIS IS SURELY SUFFERING FROM A LACK OF CONFIDENCE BE IT FROM THE PRICE TAG OR FROM THE FANS GETTING ON HIS BACK. I AM BIG ENOUGH TO SAY I MADE A MISTAKE AND WILL BE BACK AT THE NEXT GAME CHEERING THE BIG GUY ON AND I HOPE THE REST OF THE FANS WILL TOO LETS GET BEHIND HIM BY CHANTING HIS NAME AND GET HIM THROUGH HIS LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

LAST NIGHT WHEN I PUT MY POST ON I WAS JUST BACK FROM THE GAME AND WAS SUFFERING PURE FRUSTRATION AND I TOOK IT IT OUT ON BIG CHRIS AND I WAS BANG OUT OF ORDER. CHRIS IS SURELY SUFFERING FROM A LACK OF CONFIDENCE BE IT FROM THE PRICE TAG OR FROM THE FANS GETTING ON HIS BACK. I AM BIG ENOUGH TO SAY I MADE A MISTAKE AND WILL BE BACK AT THE NEXT GAME CHEERING THE BIG GUY ON AND I HOPE THE REST OF THE FANS WILL TOO LETS GET BEHIND HIM BY CHANTING HIS NAME AND GET HIM THROUGH HIS LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

18695[/snapback]

WELL SAID THAT MAN !!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Don't open it if you're going to moan? Err, that's what YOU Are doing, wee man.  mad.gif

Good posts from SimplyTon and IrvineTon - ok, it's not going right for the big man, and ok Lilley has got the goals and deserves to be in the team, but I think Templeman is playing just as well as Derek Lilley. Yup, you've gotta score goals, and I concede that he maybe should make way for Jason Walker, who I really rate too.

Why does it all have to be a popularity contest or player v player? I know they are competing for the same place, but Morton are a team, not a contest between the players.

Chris Templeman looks as though he will be another mild-mannered player chewed up and spat out by the wonderful Cowshed Faithful. He's not playing to the best of his abilities, but it's hard to see how he could. Every single touch is scrutinised minutely - if he does well, no comment, if it doesn't come off he is absolutely murdered!

At the touchline, ball bounces 9 feet over his head, he's ripped up by these cocks? Michael Jordan wouldn't have reached that ball - with his HANDS! At times I thought people around me thought he was the stretchy bloke out of the f***ing Fantastic Four!!!

Get a grip. I agree, he's not playing well. I don't think he suits our style with 3-5-2 at the moment, at all, and I concede that Jason Walker should be given a start ahead of him. If Lilley's goals dry up, though, I'd have no hesitation starting with Walker and Templeman up front, cos even though we drew a blank there, the most enterprising forward play I've seen from Ton in quite some time was created by these two through at Falkirk, they seem to match each other very well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Templeman actually asked to stay in at half time.

Some people need to start thinking about whether they are supporters or something else.

f***ing get behind the entire team.

18201[/snapback]

Excellent post! Especially the part about folk berating his every mistake! Temps gives 100% every game and there was one time on Tuesday after he just lost the ball that he put everything into winning it back and managed to force a throw-in. Just because Jason Walker is small doesn't mean he's rubbish in the air; vice-versa applies to Temps. We've all seen what the guy can do with the ball at his feet and I don't think anyone would say they were not in awe of him last season with some of his magic touches! Get back to your best Chris!

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

While we're at it, another thing gets on my tits.....

Templeman's been a professional footballer for the best part of a decade now and has never been a renowned header of the ball.

Dunfermline, Stirling and Brechin couldn't improve this part of his game so what makes the cowshed clowns think Morton can ever change this?

It hasn't impaired his game in the past so any problems he's having here can and will be rectified.

mad.gif

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

If someone would start a bloody chant on Saturday i will happily join in. Im just not the type of person who starts the chants

Knowin my luck no one would join in and i would be like a real TIT

2006 - 2007 = Greenock Morton F.C. (1st Division Champions once again)

Does anyone know any Brechin fans to see if they have any videos of how Templeman scored 23 goals last season ? Cos I think many fans think we bought his brother. Who is a farmer or any profession other than footballer. rolleyes.gif

18120[/snapback]

It's people like these that get him down, Sanny was given all the support he could get at Brechin and scored goals.

His heading isn't the best but he still managed to score about 10 headers in his time at Brechin, providing he gets a good service. His control can be poor at times and he isn't the fastest (Hardly helped by the fact that he is 6ft 7).

I remember him scoring a hat-trick for Morton when he wasn't being critisised, all of a sudden the abuse became intolerable and he stopped scoring goals, coicedence? I think not.

Get behind Sanny and he will score goals, trust me.

user posted image

Ach, when all's said and done what we all want is for the big guy to play well and score goals. It's not (I hope) personal.

But the fact is that he's not playing well at the moment, and other's deserve a starting place in front of him.

I think it's only fair to the team, and the players, to play the best team at any time. At the moment, I don't think that includes Templeman.

As has been said, put him on the bench for a few weeks, get him fit and get a few reserve goals under his belt.

Then, hopefully, he'll come back a lean mean goal-scoring machine!

In the meantime, if he plays, we've got to get off his back. By all means express a bit of frustration when he's rubbish (he's a professional footballer and has to accept that), but give some encouragement by cheering him when he does well - and he does do some things right - and when he is clearly trying hard.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

Thanks for the input Steve. Good to hear.

Frustrating thing is that other strikers with goalscoring problems have been backed to the hilt. He is not a machine. If supporters boo him or tell him where to go, it is obviously going to affect him.

Come on big man!!!

Thanks for the input Steve. Good to hear.

Frustrating thing is that other strikers with goalscoring problems have been backed to the hilt. He is not a machine. If supporters boo him or tell him where to go, it is obviously going to affect him.

Come on big man!!!

18969[/snapback]

Great point!

A certain Alex Williams was in a position not dissimilar to Chris: cost a lot of money and goals dried up (over a longer period than Temps, remember we have only played ONE league game so far!).

However, Alex had major off-field problems too: alleged binge-drinking, missing training, bust-ups with players (which caused many fans to turn on McCluskey) and it was alleged in the Herald by Cowboy that DDFR paid off Alex's gambling debts.

Chris has been a model professional so far and comes across as a stand up guy.

Many backed Williams to the hilt through all his troubles; do the same for Chris!

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Archived