Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Celtic Colts vs Morton (SPFL Trust Trophy 4th September)


Admin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

Resized GIF.gif

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll not be attending as the B sides are an abomination, but I still want us to win the tournament and I'll be there for any ties against real teams. With the winner of this playing the winner of Montrose v Stirling we've got a very good chance of our first trip to Montrose in 18 years as well.

This could be a chance to give some players in need of starts like Lyon, McGrattan and Knowles a run out while still sending a team out to win the game, but with the number of signings we've made I'd probably want the strongest team possible so Oksanen, Allan and Reilly are getting a game to gel with the players they'll be alongside against Kilmarnock. That still leaves a place for one of Lyon and McGrattan I suppose.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I'll not be attending as the B sides are an abomination, but I still want us to win the tournament and I'll be there for any ties against real teams. With the winner of this playing the winner of Montrose v Stirling we've got a very good chance of our first trip to Montrose in 18 years as well.

This could be a chance to give some players in need of starts like Lyon, McGrattan and Knowles a run out while still sending a team out to win the game, but with the number of signings we've made I'd probably want the strongest team possible so Oksanen, Allan and Reilly are getting a game to gel with the players they'll be alongside against Kilmarnock. That still leaves a place for one of Lyon and McGrattan I suppose.

Gus said in his interview that it's unlikely he will field any of the new signings.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I'll not be attending as the B sides are an abomination, but I still want us to win the tournament and I'll be there for any ties against real teams. With the winner of this playing the winner of Montrose v Stirling we've got a very good chance of our first trip to Montrose in 18 years as well.

This could be a chance to give some players in need of starts like Lyon, McGrattan and Knowles a run out while still sending a team out to win the game, but with the number of signings we've made I'd probably want the strongest team possible so Oksanen, Allan and Reilly are getting a game to gel with the players they'll be alongside against Kilmarnock. That still leaves a place for one of Lyon and McGrattan I suppose.

Didn't we play Montrose in the playoffs?

YOU'RE A TAXLOSS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Gus said in his interview that it's unlikely he will field any of the new signings.

Ah I hadn't watched that yet. Would expect to see the three I mentioned above and maybe Garrity & Hynes getting a shot as well then.

12 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Didn't we play Montrose in the playoffs?

Aye, I was meaning for fans but completely failed to make that clear.

  • Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Ah I hadn't watched that yet. Would expect to see the three I mentioned above and maybe Garrity & Hynes getting a shot as well then.

Aye, I was meaning for fans but completely failed to make that clear.

I understand. Montrose is the type of club we should be aspiring to play on a regular basis.  Maybe that's what *Hoppy* was trying to do by signing all the shite that he did.

YOU'RE A TAXLOSS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a 'run oot for the boys' team if ever I saw one. Clearly Gus not bothered about making it through although we still should probably win.

 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...