Club statement- Gambling on football - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Club statement- Gambling on football

pink_panther

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully his employment contract allows him to be suspended without pay in such circumstances, as now we'll need to get someone else in for those eight matches.

Gordon the Groomed can step in as he's used to cleaning pish and skidmarks from polyester on a daily basis.

Banned from what?

See here:

11.6.4 During a suspension, a player or member of Team Staff is excluded from the Playing Zone at

any match played under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until the expiry of the suspension. The

“Playing Zone” is the area used by players and Team Staff at a match and shall extend to both

teams’ dressing rooms, the match officials’ dressing rooms, the players’ tunnel to the pitch, any

corridors leading to and/or connecting the said rooms and the players’ tunnel to the pitch, the

technical areas and substitutes’ benches, the track, the playing surface and any area within 2

metres of any part of the touch line or goal line of the playing surface The exclusion shall apply

from 75 minutes prior to the scheduled time of kick-off of a match until 15 minutes following

the referee having signalled the end of the match. For the avoidance of doubt, the exclusion

continues to apply during extra time and/or kicks from the penalty mark when required in any

JUDICIAL PANEL PROTOCOL 2017/2018 20

match. For the avoidance of doubt, reference is made to Annex D, paragraph 4.2.2.

So in other words, if he's laying out the kits before the game, he has to be out of the dressing room and up in the stands (or out of the ground entirely) by 1:45pm. If he's cleaning up after, he can start at 5pm.

I think he and the club are quite fortunate in that these rules about Team Staff were written on the understanding that it would mainly be coaches and managers affected. This doesn't seem, to my untrained eye, to actually matter at all in the grand scheme of things. If the physio gets done, on the other hand, that's another matter, as we'll need someone else to be on-hand for injuries and for any half-time work.

This is a "mid-range" punishment, by the way (and the scale goes low-end, mid-range, top-end, and maximum.) Had the club itself been found liable, it would have meant a fine of 2.5k.

And this is also evidence that none of the games Bryan betted on would have involved Morton or anyone adjacent to them. (The rule in that question is 'a match in which the Party has particiated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through gambling'.) The punishment for offences like that is, as you'd expect, far more severe.

So it sounds like he was a dafty who put some coupons on and couldn't keep his mouth shut. Hopefully a lesson learned.

EOho8Pw.png

11.6.4 During a suspension, a player or member of Team Staff is excluded from the Playing Zone at

any match played under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA until the expiry of the suspension. The

“Playing Zone” is the area used by players and Team Staff at a match and shall extend to both

teams’ dressing rooms, the match officials’ dressing rooms, the players’ tunnel to the pitch, any

corridors leading to and/or connecting the said rooms and the players’ tunnel to the pitch, the

technical areas and substitutes’ benches, the track, the playing surface and any area within 2

metres of any part of the touch line or goal line of the playing surface The exclusion shall apply

from 75 minutes prior to the scheduled time of kick-off of a match until 15 minutes following

the referee having signalled the end of the match. For the avoidance of doubt, the exclusion

continues to apply during extra time and/or kicks from the penalty mark when required in any

JUDICIAL PANEL PROTOCOL 2017/2018 20

Fuck sake, you'd need to stand out in the car park to comply with them at Cappielow.

AWMSC

See here:

So in other words, if he's laying out the kits before the game, he has to be out of the dressing room and up in the stands (or out of the ground entirely) by 1:45pm. If he's cleaning up after, he can start at 5pm.

I think he and the club are quite fortunate in that these rules about Team Staff were written on the understanding that it would mainly be coaches and managers affected. This doesn't seem, to my untrained eye, to actually matter at all in the grand scheme of things. If the physio gets done, on the other hand, that's another matter, as we'll need someone else to be on-hand for injuries and for any half-time work.

This is a "mid-range" punishment, by the way (and the scale goes low-end, mid-range, top-end, and maximum.) Had the club itself been found liable, it would have meant a fine of 2.5k.

And this is also evidence that none of the games Bryan betted on would have involved Morton or anyone adjacent to them. (The rule in that question is 'a match in which the Party has particiated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through gambling'.) The punishment for offences like that is, as you'd expect, far more severe.

So it sounds like he was a dafty who put some coupons on and couldn't keep his mouth shut. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Amazing foresight from the club to clear the blind fan room to house suspended staff.

How about the room with five dodgy toasters in it that some blind guy was using as a social club?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Easy to work around this. He cleans the skidmarks on the days before and after the game, however on match days he is told to take the day off. Once the team have clean kit he has fulfilled his function. There is no reason why he should be in the dugout during the game, unless he is performing gopher duties..

*insert signature here*

There's some rumour on Facebook that Jim McAlister was threatened with disciplinary action after suspended Andy Bryan got him a ticket for the League Cup semi-final. I doubt it's true given the origin of the story, but if it's true it sounds like a bit of a shambles. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

There's some rumour on Facebook that Jim McAlister was threatened with disciplinary action after suspended Andy Bryan got him a ticket for the League Cup semi-final. I doubt it's true given the origin of the story, but if it's true it sounds like a bit of a shambles.

Surely there’s nothing to stop McAlister having contact with Bryan outside of working hours?

Archived