Morton Club Together Updates - Page 93 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

4 hours ago, MCT Team said:

👍🏼

One of the agreed actions discussed last night was bringing back the feedback loop that members can input into and we'll take to the club for answers on, so that's certainly on the radar. 

Also, why are we taking stuff to the club to answer? Aren't we all supposed to be the club and part of the same thing? Everything that's been said gives the impression that there's a hierarchy with people in an ivory tower who think it's fan funded rather than fan controlled. 

7 hours ago, irnbru said:

The problem is sharing with members isn't community or fans being involved. It's a group doing stuff. It's being told, not contributing. There needs to be more engagement all of the time. Otherwise you've got animal farm in football form. 

Of course we want more member involvement, but there’s also an element of the board has been voted by the members and there will be aspects where there isn’t always member involvement with decisions. If members believe there’s things missing in our plans going forward then that will be addressed and fed into it, absolutely. That’s where the member involvement comes in here in this example, just at a different stage of the process. The board has kickstarted the discussion and then taking that to members. 

5 hours ago, irnbru said:

Also, why are we taking stuff to the club to answer? Aren't we all supposed to be the club and part of the same thing? Everything that's been said gives the impression that there's a hierarchy with people in an ivory tower who think it's fan funded rather than fan controlled. 

This is one of the key points that needs to be clarified and explained much more going forward. MCT and the club aren’t one and the same, they’re separate entities. The club is community owned but not community run. MCT members own the club, there’s a majority of MCT representatives on the club board but it’s not these individuals who run the club on a daily basis. There’s staff at the club who do, led by the General Manager.

If MCT members and fans see things happening or not happening that they want to raise, MCT can take this to the club to find out why it is or isn’t happening. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MCT Team said:

Of course we want more member involvement, but there’s also an element of the board has been voted by the members and there will be aspects where there isn’t always member involvement with decisions. If members believe there’s things missing in our plans going forward then that will be addressed and fed into it, absolutely. That’s where the member involvement comes in here in this example, just at a different stage of the process. The board has kickstarted the discussion and then taking that to members. 

This is one of the key points that needs to be clarified and explained much more going forward. MCT and the club aren’t one and the same, they’re separate entities. The club is community owned but not community run. MCT members own the club, there’s a majority of MCT representatives on the club board but it’s not these individuals who run the club on a daily basis. There’s staff at the club who do, led by the General Manager.

If MCT members and fans see things happening or not happening that they want to raise, MCT can take this to the club to find out why it is or isn’t happening. 

I get it's not community run on a day to day basis and don't expect it to be but if there's not any proactive engagement with fans and members and it's a case of 'let us know if you see anything you don't like' then it's no change from how things were run before. The community needs to be kept involved for this to be a success. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, MCT Team said:

In case you haven’t spotted this yet on the SLO’s social accounts, the club is arranging a Q&A session with the new GMFC board. It’ll be recorded and put out across club channels. There’s certainly appetite for a live, in-person event so I’m taking this as an action to make sure our first MCT event gives fans and members that opportunity to attend. 

If you have any questions you’d like to ask the club board, don’t hesitate to ask them directly to the SLO or ask them here and I’ll pass them over to him. 

This sending questions to the SLO that can be vetted, and replied to with a scripted answer is, quite frankly, a load of shite. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

There are some very important questions that haven’t been answered and are continuing to be blanked, and until such time as they are answered honestly, I’m afraid it’ll become harder and harder to trust the consortium that is spending the fans’ money to run their football club.

When will someone accept the responsibility for handing Gus a two year deal after scraping survival last season?

Who signed off the signing of a registered sex offender?

What risk assessments and checks were put in place before signing said sex offender?

Having presumably conducted the necessary checks, what conclusions were reached in order to be sure that said sex offender doesn’t pose a risk to anyone at Cappielow or in the wider community?

When will a certain board member address the allegations about his improper conduct at Links Park in May?

These questions won’t go away, but under this format of sending them to the SLO to be ignored, they’ll only bubble away, creating yet more distrust between the consortium and those who are putting their money in every month to allow these guys to live the dream.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

I see no change from before, tbh. Very much reactive like the old regime as opposed to proactive. 

As far as I can see there's been 2 interviews with anyone from behind the scenes totalling 5 minutes from the last 3 months (one from Graham Barr and one from Chris Ross). 

Surely it wouldn't be too much for the others to do quick interviews to discuss their roles so people are familiar with who they are and to have regular updates from someone on what's happening. 

As it stands it's all a bit faceless with little info coming which leads to distrust and rumours so something as simple as this would help everyone. 

I can see Chris has been posting match interviews on the website which isn't a very good use of his already limited time to run a club. 

• Upvote 2

From what i gather the folk behind the scenes know absolutely nothing about running a football club, or football in general which is never going to bode well. Happy to be shown otherwise. 

The GM role was always going to be a hard task and the reality is hes probably doubling up on things like posting on the website which shouldnt really be under his remit. Be surprised if he hangs about for any period of time tbh, but that's just my own opinion. 

New era has a massive doom and gloom feeling about it. Folk aren't bothering, be it to attend matches or buy streams. It's over to MCT to fix that. 

They set the bar by awarding a 2 year deal to a guy that just about scraped through playoffs vs lower league opposition. 

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

From what i gather the folk behind the scenes know absolutely nothing about running a football club, or football in general which is never going to bode well. Happy to be shown otherwise. 

The GM role was always going to be a hard task and the reality is hes probably doubling up on things like posting on the website which shouldnt really be under his remit. Be surprised if he hangs about for any period of time tbh, but that's just my own opinion. 

New era has a massive doom and gloom feeling about it. Folk aren't bothering, be it to attend matches or buy streams. It's over to MCT to fix that. 

They set the bar by awarding a 2 year deal to a guy that just about scraped through playoffs vs lower league opposition. 

Gus McPherson has a proven track record of managing at this level, and his achievements in the game are respectable.  He may not be a universally popular choice, but a case can at least be argued for him. However, they set a very low bar by recruiting a convicted sex offender. 

Edit to add:  This has happened without our permission. They will do anything other than acknowledge that one.

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

34 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Gus McPherson has a proven track record of managing at this level, and his achievements in the game are respectable.  

What was Gus McPherson's outcome/achievement in his last job at this level prior to Morton, nearly a decade ago? 

Some laurels won a generation ago do not make you a credible or competent football manager at this level in 2021. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

55 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Gus McPherson has a proven track record of managing at this level, and his achievements in the game are respectable.  He may not be a universally popular choice, but a case can at least be argued for him. However, they set a very low bar by recruiting a convicted sex offender. 

Edit to add:  This has happened without our permission. They will do anything other than acknowledge that one.

Accidently downvoted this, trying to close another pop up ad and missed.

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

What was Gus McPherson's outcome/achievement in his last job at this level prior to Morton, nearly a decade ago? 

Some laurels won a generation ago do not make you a credible or competent football manager at this level in 2021. 

His last job at this level was Technical Director at St. Mirren who successfully established themselves as an bottom-half SPFL Premiership side during this time there.  

As i said above, he may not be the universally popular choice of manager, but since were a complete bin fire of a club he's probably as good as we're likely to get.  We're not going to get the brightest young managerial prospects beating a path to our door, or the best of the tried and trusted managers, therefore the best we'll ever likely to get is the Duffyesque types who are out of work and keen to get involved again, which is exactly what we've got.

*insert signature here*

18 hours ago, capitanus said:

It's fan owned not fan run. You'll want to have a poll to see who plays on Saturday.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I’m passing every piece of feedback received on here to the club board.

I’ve been informed that this format of Q&A was suggested to them, and so I’ve certainly made it clear that there’s a big appetite from fans for a live, in-person version to be held soon too. We’ve had discussions at MCT board level for anything we do in the way of Q&A’s/events will have options for fans to attend in-person or online options for fans who can’t attend. 

6 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

It's fan owned not fan run. You'll want to have a poll to see who plays on Saturday.

No I dont, dickhead. 

But in a supporter owned club a decision as controversial as recruiting a convicted sex offender should not be in the hands of one or a few people to overrule the thoughts and feelings of a sizeable amount of the support on the matter.  That was and remains a fucking disgraceful decision.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*