ICT vs Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

ICT vs Morton

TheGoon

I tried to put an in play bet on QoS there at 14/1 and they ****ing scored. Half the odds now.

Still value for me there IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

433. Iredale in midfield 3, Telfer playing on the right further up.

Thanks. The more logical choice would be Telfer in central midfield with Iredale left and Tiffoney right (en route to the Moray Forth).

Tactical tweaks required.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Equaliser was absolutely not Scully's fault. Buchanan should have easily dealt with the ball, let it drop behind him and by the time he was letting it go Waddell and Scully did everything they could to shut it down but had no chance to stop it. It's 100% on Buchanan.

Up to the equaliser we'd looked the better team without particularly looking good. Their defence is a basketcase and that contributed heavily to the goal, but that doesn't mean you should downplay how good our pressing was to force the mistakes that left Telfer open seconds after their centre back had comfortable possession on the edge of their box.

From going 1-0 up we've not really created anything, but their defence has continued to look vulnerable. We've also looked vulnerable to crosses into the box and the midfield have been guilty of letting runners go too easily, but Scully had been excellent whenever the ball got as far as him.

Then we conceded from nothing through a mistake and now there's pressure on us to create again. While Oliver has held the ball up well for the first time this season on the rare occasion he's had possession, he's still isolated and easily crowded out and it's hard to see us creating much unless we start offering more than hopeful balls into the channel when we break or hopeful balls into the feet of wingers with two men on them when we're trying to build possession from defence.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

How Scully, Kilday, McKeown and Tiffoney have kept their places I don't know.

Scully in particular has no communication with his defence, they drift back and the whole shape of the team goes. Plus, despite a few good saves, he's not that good in goal.

Hope I'm wrong but see another defeat by a couple of goals.

Would agree with all of this and JJ has a rebuild job in January if he last till then as I don’t see many victories in the coming weeks.

Can Ayr actually go up if they win the league or would they have to ground share. Absolutely flying, have to give them credit.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Can Ayr actually go up if they win the league or would they have to ground share. Absolutely flying, have to give them credit.

Why wouldn't they be able to go up? Cowdenbeath could play in the premiership if they won enough promotions.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Why wouldn't they be able to go up? Cowdenbeath could play in the premiership if they won enough promotions.

Stadium criteria, pretty sure it saved teams that were to drop because of stadium criteria in the past.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Archived