The Famous V A Glorified Village Social Club - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous V A Glorified Village Social Club

vikingTON

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good three points, however there were aspects of our game that were sloppy. For all we kept the ball well and moved it well in spells, we also resorted to aimless hoofs up the park at times where we should have been showing more composure. In an attacking sense, I thought Thompson did well and while he's never going to be a spectacular player for us, was effective and made a solid contribution. Oliver was excellent, looked sharp and contributed well. Tiffoney used his pace well at times but I'm still not convinced that he's going to be a long-term answer to our lack of width, I think he also has a lot of technical aspects of his game that need improved. Harkins offered a good range of passing and kept our attacks moving well. 

Our defending in phases was sloppy and looked to have an air of complacency about it, particularly in the first half after we went 1-0 up. Our defending at set-pieces was rather slack and could have been punished by a better side. Lamie and O'Ware were both far too lightweight and indecisive at their goal, which was a shocking goal to concede. We made a very average striker look like a world-beater by giving him far too much time and space and were duly punished for it. I think O'Ware should be dropped for a few games while Gasparotto is here, he could do with a wee kick up the arse, with a lot of our goals this season coming from the channel between him and Doyle. While Doyle's probably been directly responsible for more of these goals than O'Ware, we have a credible option in the squad to replace O'Ware and do not have a replacement for Doyle. 

A decent win, however a marked improvement will be needed if we want to compete with Dundee United on Saturday. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Tam could slot in at right back, which would be immediate upgrade on Doyle. This stops displacing Lamie, who has been a rock at centre back and shouldn't be shifted. Russell has his flaws, but is a better option than Doyle who really needs to be benched.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Tam could slot in at right back, which would be immediate upgrade on Doyle. This stops displacing Lamie, who has been a rock at centre back and shouldn't be shifted. Russell has his flaws, but is a better option than Doyle who really needs to be benched.

I disagree that O'Ware that would be an upgrade on Doyle. As poor as Doyle's been, O'Ware has never been a credible full-back at this level, even when breaking into the first-team at left-back. IIRC he was only slotted into left-back because Ross Forsyth and Creag Little were both injured and s***e respectively. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Fair enough. Tam sitting behind tiffony would be my preference until Doyle learns to tackle and cross a ball.

He played in the absolute cross of his life in the 2nd half, which was crying out for big Thomson to be on the end of. Unfortunately it was Thomson that started the move and there was no one there for it!

Special mention to Doyle for his antics with the kids when their player was down injured! Top man in that respect.

Our highlights really are gubbins - a bit like the Brechin defence. So many awful goals difficult to choose which one deserves the award of howler of the day. Our defending at their goal is baffling, a bit like the penalty award and the Tiff knee volley but on review you have to say the pass-back for our fourth was especially special!

Archived