General Election - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Election

LinwoodTON

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've pointed out the absurdity of gun "control" in the US numerous times. What do you want me to say?

You've said many times that although you're not yet a American citizen you already consider yourself to be American and no longer feel Scottish, British or European. Which is of course fair enough.

Yet you still seem to be far more upset and animated about European immigration and feel the need to lecture us all on it, rather than focussing the far bigger problems you have in your own backyard. I just find that a bit strange.

You've said many times that although you're not yet a American citizen you already consider yourself to be American and no longer feel Scottish, British or European. Which is of course fair enough.

Yet you still seem to be far more upset and animated about European immigration and feel the need to lecture us all on it, rather than focussing the far bigger problems you have in your own backyard. I just find that a bit strange.

It does upset me. My older brother, pretty much my political opposite, very pro-immigration etc. told me unsolicited the other day that after Manchester he was feeling jumpy in Glasgow Central because of all the armed police and the high terror alert and all the other trappings of a security state. I guess I'm just weird in that when people I love start to feel effects of something it distracts my otherwise pristine mental spreadsheet from its focus on my 401k. I was also quite moved by the photo I saw of the young girl from Barra, killed at the Ariana Grand concert, having her coffin carried across the sands, led by a piper. That's a bit naff and twee, I admit, plus I think the only sand-based photo that's allowed to determine policy is that one of the kid who drowned in Turkey.

If you want to know what I do in the US politically you need only send me a PM, but until that time I'll ask you to trust that I can handle my own priorities without your sincere concern. And regardless, I'll decide what's a problem for me and what isn't.

EOho8Pw.png

It does upset me. My older brother, pretty much my political opposite, very pro-immigration etc. told me unsolicited the other day that after Manchester he was feeling jumpy in Glasgow Central because of all the armed police and the high terror alert and all the other trappings of a security state. I guess I'm just weird in that when people I love start to feel effects of something it distracts my otherwise pristine mental spreadsheet from its focus on my 401k. I was also quite moved by the photo I saw of the young girl from Barra, killed at the Ariana Grand concert, having her coffin carried across the sands, led by a piper. That's a bit naff and tweeted me, I admit, plus I think the only sand-based photo that's allowed to determine policy is that one of the kid who drowned in Turkey.

If you want to know what I do in the US politically you need only send me a PM, but until that time I'll ask you to trust that I can handle my own priorities without your sincere concern. And regardless, I'll decide what's a problem for me and what isn't.

Funnily enough, I felt exactly the opposite of your brother. Immediately after the bombings in Brussels last year I found the increased security including armed troops on the streets very reassuring when I went there, and I didn't feel worried or 'jumpy' at all.

If you're talking about human empathy for innocent child victims of violence, then we're on exactly the same page. No discussion there. The funeral of the girl from Barra was heartbreaking, I can't even begin to image what her parents are going through. My empathy isn't limited only to victims of terrorism though. I feel the same disgust for the murdered children of Aleppo who have died at the hands of ISIS and the Allies, for example, as I do for the the murdered kids in Manchester.

Funnily enough, I felt exactly the opposite of your brother. Immediately after the bombings in Brussels last year I found the increased security including armed troops on the streets very reassuring when I went there, and I didn't feel worried or 'jumpy' at all.

If you're talking about human empathy for innocent child victims of violence, then we're on exactly the same page. No discussion there. My empathy isn't limited only to those victims of terrorism though. I feel the same disgust for the murdered children of Aleppo who have died at the hands of ISIS and the Allies, for example, as I do for the the murdered kids in Manchester.

Fair enough. We're not really going to agree on this but it's good to know where we stand.

EOho8Pw.png

Little quiz:

Which Islamophobic countries today suspended diplomatic ties with, and expelled the citizens of, Qatar? Why did they do it?

Their intensive regional struggle for power hasn't stopped your moron commander in chief from legitimating their act:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872062159789985792

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872084870620520448

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872086906804240384

A truly noble partnership of the POTUS and, erm Saudi Arabia, to 'stop funding extremism' and curb 'the horror of terrorism'. Can't say that I'll be holding my breath waiting on that outcome. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Their intensive regional struggle for power hasn't stopped your moron commander in chief from legitimating their act:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872062159789985792

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872084870620520448

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872086906804240384

A truly noble partnership of the POTUS and, erm Saudi Arabia, to 'stop funding extremism' and curb 'the horror of terrorism'. Can't say that I'll be holding my breath waiting on that outcome.

Its a bunch of school kids vandalizing a wall, and then when Principal Trump shows up, they say it's the little weak one who follows them around who did it all. It's pretty funny, the world's richest country is having trouble importing enough food.

Still, I'm sure your hot take of "Saudia funds terror too!" wasn't at any point considered by anyone at the White House. They'd be shocked if they knew. Looks like DRUMPF has a red/orange face again. Now he'll never beat Marco Rubio!

EOho8Pw.png

We've clearly got a problem internally. Time to ban them like in Poland and wash out the problem. Rightly or wrongly, it needs to be done

It's only wrong if you believe that there is a positive right to immigrate, which I don't believe there is (ie it's a right contingent on the benefit to those already in the country. 99% of people felt this way until around 2012). There is absolutely nothing wrong with a country choosing to prioritize its own citizens over outsiders, and we shouldn't feel guilty for discussing the problem in those terms.

Even those in favor of large-scale immigration would need to acknowledge that the Western model of migrant flows has been on a 'consume and digest' basis. A wave of migration comes and a refractory period flows. Ellis Island was a good example. That era did not last long in the US and was sandwiched by periods of restriction. The problem is that the cancerous ideology of 'GDP and pensions uber alles', coupled with latent hostility towards and a desire to displace the indigenous population, mean that there is to be no downtime. Just endless new economic units to diversify and enrich the lumpen Waloon and sullen Saxon. You'd be as well asking the open borders folk to stop breathing as to consider history prior to 2012. They don't want to know.

EOho8Pw.png

http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-know

I'm no expert on the subject but it seems to me that the UK is heavily involved in machinations all over the Middle East and North Africa.  Also the UK is one of the biggest suppliers of arms to anyone who has the dosh.  Maybe, just maybe, not interfering all over the world might make the UK less of a prime target - although it would take years for the aftershocks to subside.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-know

I'm no expert on the subject but it seems to me that the UK is heavily involved in machinations all over the Middle East and North Africa. Also the UK is one of the biggest suppliers of arms to anyone who has the dosh. Maybe, just maybe, not interfering all over the world might make the UK less of a prime target - although it would take years for the aftershocks to subside.

For sure our meddling does not help, but Sweden and Belgium don't have meaningful footprints in Muslim lands, but they have blood-spattered pavements nonetheless.

EOho8Pw.png

For sure our meddling does not help, but Sweden and Belgium don't have meaningful footprints in Muslim lands, but they have blood-spattered pavements nonetheless.

But big bad Britain is murdering them all the time.....

The reality is that these terrorists are carrying out these attacks in whatever country the reside in - even the counties you rightly list above - because they're brainwashed morons.

They're not really being selective about it; if they want to do it they'll do it at any given opportunity in any given location. Not because big bag Britain is bombing some sand ridden place.

Ban them and wash them out and then reevaluate our immigration policy.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

But big bad Britain is murdering them all the time.....

The reality is that these terrorists are carrying out these attacks in whatever country the reside in - even the counties you rightly list above - because they're brainwashed morons.

They're not really being selective about it; if they want to do it they'll do it at any given opportunity in any given location. Not because big bag Britain is bombing some sand ridden place.

Ban them and wash them out and then reevaluate our immigration policy.

Ban what? An entire faith or immigration as a whole? I'm not having a go I'm just curious as of to what you mean.

Immigration.

All of it!!!??? Even putting the moral point aside, it would instantly kill our finance, university and health sectors, as well as many others.

What we need is better resourced policing/intelligence to deal with the real issue which is not immigration but criminal intent.

Same policy as Poland. Until this problem is solved and we've washed out these morons.

There's likely no other solution whilst the floodgates are open

But the floodgates aren't open. The UK has a pretty (I think, overly) restrictive immigration policy.

But the floodgates aren't open. The UK has a pretty (I think, overly) restrictive immigration policy.

Restrict it further then. There needs to be a brief halt to immigration from at least certain places until we can deal with the problem we have at hand. Internally.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived