Greenock Morton Statement - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Morton Statement

LargsTON

Is this a genuine statement from the club? Just read it on facebook.

"Greenock Morton is a family club and will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour at our stadium or any stadium we may be playing.

Saturday when we travel to Paisley we ask that all fans avoid any trouble/violence and enjoy the day. If you plan on causing bother for others then stay at home and don't give the club a bad name.

Enjoy the game!"

Not even kicked a competitive ball in the league yet and already our fans are being pre-empted as troublemakers by the club.

If this is someone acting alone they should get their balls toed as it looks official in its wording.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a genuine statement from the club? Just read it on facebook.

"Greenock Morton is a family club and will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour at our stadium or any stadium we may be playing.

Saturday when we travel to Paisley we ask that all fans avoid any trouble/violence and enjoy the day. If you plan on causing bother for others then stay at home and don't give the club a bad name.

Enjoy the game!"

Not even kicked a competitive ball in the league yet and already our fans are being pre-empted as troublemakers by the club.

If this is someone acting alone they should get their balls toed as it looks official in its wording.

This was also read out on Saturday.

I was going to bring this up but didn't want to seem like a knobend. That Facebook page is bizarre. It states it's unofficial, however half the stuff posted on it includes "we", "us" etc and reads as though it is actually official. Worst of all, as we don't actually have an official Facebook page IN 2016 the SPFL hyperlink their articles and posts involving us towards that.

No, it's not. Bit of a minter posing as a club official.

If that's true then the club should take action to get the page shut down. Could cause a lot of bother.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I was going to bring this up but didn't want to seem like a knobend. That Facebook page is bizarre. It states it's unofficial, however half the stuff posted on it includes "we", "us" etc and reads as though it is actually official. Worst of all, as we don't actually have an official Facebook page IN 2016 the SPFL hyperlink their articles and posts involving us towards that.

I'll knobend you, dickface.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

If that's true then the club should take action to get the page shut down. Could cause a lot of bother.

The club couldn't move fast enough when a Sevconian might have been non-offended by plainly unofficial comments but since at least the end of last season they've seemingly been fine with some wee boy making pseudo-official statements like these. Presumably enough complaints on here and they might change it. In the meantime I'm about to make it official club policy that Jim Goodwin shagged a panda.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm certain something just like this happened last year with this page, ended up with "an official statement" from the admin clarifying it was an unofficial page. Something about pyro.

"In the absence of pyrotechnics, there can be no festivities."

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

"In the absence of pyrotechnics, there can be no festivities."

That's actually official club policy, see the Visitors Posts on the Facebook page for my official statement on the matter.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived