Morton V Dumbarton - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Dumbarton

Jamie_M

It was Duffy who opted to sign a crocked centre-back champ, and so here we are, with one 'utility' centre-back available for our first game of the season. He also had three months to bring in a right-back, preferably as an improvement on Kilday (who could then slot, badly, into an emergency centre-back role, or else the new right-back could so), but has done absolutely nothing to sort that glaringly obvious weakness in the side. 

This is what happens when a "wait and see" policy leads to a bunch of ringers taking the field on the opening day, when a competent manager would have had their squad sorted a month ago. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Duffy who opted to sign a crocked centre-back champ, and so here we are, with one 'utility' centre-back available for our first game of the season. He also had three months to bring in a right-back, preferably as an improvement on Kilday (who could then slot, badly, into an emergency centre-back role, or else the new right-back could so), but has done absolutely nothing to sort that glaringly obvious weakness in the side. 

This is what happens when a "wait and see" policy leads to a bunch of ringers taking the field on the opening day, when a competent manager would have had their squad sorted a month ago.

Fair enough on the right back point and even on a holding midfielder but McKeown was not crocked when we signed him.

If Tidser's out then we'll only have 12 first team players available, including the two goalkeepers. Regardless, the lack of defensive options means having Kilday at centre back with Pepper at right back. Alternatively he can bring someone from the development squad straight in to the starting eleven at either right back or centre back. Our only options from the bench will be Grant Adam and development squad players. 

It's okay to wait until the end of the transfer window to complete your squad, but this is exactly why leaving the majority of your signings until after the season starts is indefensible and moronic.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Giving the game a miss.  We win a league and start the following season in such a mess that we barely have enough recognised 1st team players to field a team. That's just an embarrassment.

There are no excuses for that. Being 'let down at that last minute', and obviously having no suitable alternatives lined up, is incompetence.

I've defended Duffy in the past, but certainly not this time.  If we're bottom of the league 5/6 games into the season, he has to go.

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Reckon we'll line up like:

Gaston

Pepper Kilday O'Ware Russell

Barr McKee Forbes McCluskey

Scullion

Peaso

I'd swap McKee with Tidser if he is fit. I really hope Pepper has a good game at RB if played there and it might then give Kilday a kick up the arse knowing he's got competition for a place in the team.

I stand by my original prediction, 3-0 to Dumbarton.

Crowd of 632

Pessimistic about the outcome - but I'm going today. First competitive match of the season - most of the team will be last seasons league winners (how easy it is to forget this amidst all the negativity) It's a beautiful sunny day and there should be a couple of hundred Dumbarton fans. Looking forward to seeing any new introductions to the team (for myself)

C'mon the 'ton :)

Show Racism the Red Card

Archived