Morton V Dumbarton - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Dumbarton

Jamie_M

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt very much one result will change anything.

If we get an complete going over on sat

0-4 or 0-5 then duffy will be under massive pressure to sign players before the falkirk game if he does not and we suffer another 3 heavy defeats in the first 3 games i reckon hes gone the fans will turn on the board and in most cases the manager pays with his job.

I hope im wrong im going 2-1 morton tidser and barr with us signing 3 players before the league starts well i live in hope.

Haven't been to any of the friendlies and have little motivation to go on Saturday.

Really hoping that there are signings before the first league game.  I'm planning to go to that, but only because I've bought a season ticket..

Has a team ever had such negativity after getting promoted as champions?????

He soon will when fans boo and heckle a manager the board are giving it who gives a fuck watch how quickly that will change when dougie and the boy get both barrels every week it wont be long before players arrive or duffys gone.

He soon will when fans boo and heckle a manager the board are giving it who gives a **** watch how quickly that will change when dougie and the boy get both barrels every week it wont be long before players arrive or duffys gone.

I don't get that post at all. Are you saying Duffy is intentionally not signing players at the moment?

Are you saying Duffy is responsible for the budget?

Why would he make life difficult for himself by not signing players if they are available right now? :blink:

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

The money he will make this season will go straight into his pocket

Duffy said only yesterday that he is still looking to bring players in, but that he needs to wait for those players to become available. That, to me, suggests two things: first, they are players under contract elsewhere and not free agents, and secondly, that he has a sufficient budget to add them to the squad. The problem isn't Duffy's reluctance to sign anyone or Rae's budget - it is the same problem Murray and McKinnon spoke about in the past week: being patient to wait for clubs to make players available.

Duffy is a fool! He is out of his depth and long past his expiry date as a manager.

Limited trialists brought in over the course of pre season, admitting he had no idea what was happening with Donnelly, making no real attempt at convincing the fans he has a clue or players in mind.

The club is a shambles top down and we will yet again be at the arse end of the table and have to rely on bringing in a Jan clear out/fresh faces.

Does the board and Duffy not realise that get it right first time may capture fans, higher gates is higher money and the higher up the table we finish...the more money we get?

Instead we have fans tuned out and looking very much like a bottom 2/3 club.

No idea, no direction and certainly no strategic thinking.

Duffy said only yesterday that he is still looking to bring players in, but that he needs to wait for those players to become available. That, to me, suggests two things: first, they are players under contract elsewhere and not free agents, and secondly, that he has a sufficient budget to add them to the squad. The problem isn't Duffy's reluctance to sign anyone or Rae's budget - it is the same problem Murray and McKinnon spoke about in the past week: being patient to wait for clubs to make players available.

That's fair enough when you already have the backbone of a reasonable side. We don't, we have a defence that struggled in League 1 and will get ripped to shreads in the Championship.

It's a major gamble doing it this way, one which will most likely bring about another relegation battle.

But hey, at least we might make some money.  :1eye:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Duffy is a fool! He is out of his depth and long past his expiry date as a manager.

Limited trialists brought in over the course of pre season, admitting he had no idea what was happening with Donnelly, making no real attempt at convincing the fans he has a clue or players in mind.

The club is a shambles top down and we will yet again be at the arse end of the table and have to rely on bringing in a Jan clear out/fresh faces.

Does the board and Duffy not realise that get it right first time may capture fans, higher gates is higher money and the higher up the table we finish...the more money we get?

Instead we have fans tuned out and looking very much like a bottom 2/3 club.

No idea, no direction and certainly no strategic thinking.

Mr. Rae senior is no longer firing on all cylinders - not his fault - and because of that the club is being run by co- directors who only understand escapology.

What do you get when you cross an ostrich with a toad?  :shutup: 

That's fair enough when you already have the backbone of a reasonable side. We don't, we have a defence that struggled in League 1 and will get ripped to shreads in the Championship.

It's a major gamble doing it this way, one which will most likely bring about another relegation battle.

But hey, at least we might make some money. :1eye:

It is a gamble - as is signing free agents now.

I don't get that post at all. Are you saying Duffy is intentionally not signing players at the moment?

Are you saying Duffy is responsible for the budget?

Why would he make life difficult for himself by not signing players if they are available right now? :blink:

No what im saying is duffy will be under massive pressure to put things right should we not sign anyone else before the league starts and we get several heavy defeats early on when fans turn on any board the manager gets punted.

He certainly is when it comes to spending the budget.

lifes difficult because hes out of his depth at this level.

But he's actively trying to spend that budget, to strengthen up front. As I said, the "problem" isn't Duffy or the budget, it's waiting for owning/parent clubs to make players available, which will likely be nearer the close of the transfer window.

But he's actively trying to spend that budget, to strengthen up front. As I said, the "problem" isn't Duffy or the budget, it's waiting for owning/parent clubs to make players available, which will likely be nearer the close of the transfer window.

WOW - a veritable lucky bag of broken biscuits.  :thumbdown:

So what you're saying is that Duffy has been lying, bluffing, and using the Dutch ringers in an attempt to strengthen his bargaining position?

Archived