Morton V Alloa - Match Thread - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Alloa - Match Thread

Chesh

Oh, and another thing - we are 12 points adrift at the bottom of the league and staring relegation in the face, why the **** do they need to roll out the cheerleaders? Seriously, do they not think that the last thing we need is a bunch of lassies prancing about for 3 minutes to some s***ty dance song to try and cheer us up?

That's a bit harsh.

What do you want, the ballboys to dress up as Grim Reapers.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, preferably nothing. Read out the half time scores and 50/50 number and be done with it. As harsh as it does sound, we aren't really in the position to have 'cheer'leaders.

Only sing when we're winning?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

As one of the so called happy clappers even I have to admit that after that performance I cannot see anything to suggest we will beat the drop now, stranger things have happened but the 1st half performance was disgusting. If the team looked like they were at least trying it would be a bit better but none of the team yesterday look like they are rolling up the sleeves and going down with a fight. Our shooting is really poor and also we had players going for the same ball several times and it seems as though our players do not communicate with each other on the park. Hope some miracle happens but  even I will not hold my breath for it now.

As one of the so called happy clappers even I have to admit that after that performance I cannot see anything to suggest we will beat the drop now, stranger things have happened but the 1st half performance was disgusting. If the team looked like they were at least trying it would be a bit better but none of the team yesterday look like they are rolling up the sleeves and going down with a fight. Our shooting is really poor and also we had players going for the same ball several times and it seems as though our players do not communicate with each other on the park. Hope some miracle happens but even I will not hold my breath for it now.

Speaking of players going for the same ball, there was one bizarre moment on Saturday when Imrie and Fred were both near the same lose ball: Fred stepped in and took it (and that's not even the strange bit...), and some guy started ranting at Imrie for "not challenging for it".

It really is ridiculous when you have folk abusing players for not tackling their teammates. Madness.

AWMSC

We should repaint the stadium a dark ashy grey to reflect the mood of the support.

Take the flag down as well. Its horrific watching that bastard fluttering happily in the wind whilst we're in such dire straights...

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Well done Kenny your record now makes Moore look like Alex Ferguson.

Shiels obviously isn't above criticism and got it badly wrong yesterday, while his dogmatic adherence to his 'philosophy' is a major problem, but that is complete and utter pish.

That's where (I think) we've missed McKee. In those early games he was given the task of getting Imrie and O'Brien on the ball, meaning they could stay wide and give us some width rather than (especially in Imrie's case) coming inside and deep to try to get on the ball. Imrie tore St Mirren that day, but it was McKee, fed by Bachirou and Hands, who was getting him on the ball. It's a real shame that we haven't been able to play that midfield of Hands and Bachirou behind McKee, O'Brien and Imrie all season.

For a start that was a friendly, secondly even that game passed McKee by.

The reality is that, in terms of how he's perceived by the support, McKee benefited massively from a mini-Stephen Stirling effect at the start of the season; the longer he was out injured, the better a player became. He got injured in the second league game of the season, at a time when no one appreciated quite how bad the squad Moore had built was. At that point most people refused to accept that the squad really was as bad as results suggested, so scrambled for reasons why we were in relegation form, coming up with little problems that could easily be solved so we could all believe our form would turnaround quickly and the season would work out fine.

Some people went for McKee being injured as the reason, believing that when he came back in everything would turn out fine. In spite of the fact that his return made absolutely no difference, some of said people have clung to the self-delusion of that period and have kept insisting that he's a good player who's the new Michael Tidser, despite the fact he hasn't done a single thing on the pitch to suggest this is the case. He really isn't very good and like most of the players who started the season with us, he'll have a season with a League Two side after we release him before ending up in the obscurity of the juniors, never to return.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Shiels obviously isn't above criticism and got it badly wrong yesterday, while his dogmatic adherence to his 'philosophy' is a major problem, but that is complete and utter pish.

For a start that was a friendly, secondly even that game passed McKee by.

The reality is that, in terms of how he's perceived by the support, McKee benefited massively from a mini-Stephen Stirling effect at the start of the season; the longer he was out injured, the better a player became. He got injured in the second league game of the season, at a time when no one appreciated quite how bad the squad Moore had built was. At that point most people refused to accept that the squad really was as bad as results suggested, so scrambled for reasons why we were in relegation form, coming up with little problems that could easily be solved so we could all believe our form would turnaround quickly and the season would work out fine.

Some people went for McKee being injured as the reason, believing that when he came back in everything would turn out fine. In spite of the fact that his return made absolutely no difference, some of said people have clung to the self-delusion of that period and have kept insisting that he's a good player who's the new Michael Tidser, despite the fact he hasn't done a single thing on the pitch to suggest this is the case. He really isn't very good and like most of the players who started the season with us, he'll have a season with a League Two side after we release him before ending up in the obscurity of the juniors, never to return.

I thought he played well against St Mirren. Good wee player IMO., but I was really just replying to the guy who asked about the difference between that St Mirren game and now. One difference, I think, is that McKee was instrumental in getting Imrie on the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the ready made replacement for Tidser, or that he has played brilliantly, I just think - from the little that I've seen - that he has something about him and could develop into a really good player for us. I could be wrong, and we might never find out.

I thought he played well against St Mirren. Good wee player IMO., but I was really just replying to the guy who asked about the difference between that St Mirren game and now. One difference, I think, is that McKee was instrumental in getting Imrie on the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's the ready made replacement for Tidser, or that he has played brilliantly, I just think - from the little that I've seen - that he has something about him and could develop into a really good player for us. I could be wrong, and we might never find out.

I don't remember that about the St Mirren game. I remember the game passed McKee by and apart from a couple of good passes, was a spectator. As far as getting Imrie involved, I remember saying something about the triangle created by Taggart, Bachirou and Imrie being instrumental in our success that day.

I don't remember that about the St Mirren game. I remember the game passed McKee by and apart from a couple of good passes, was a spectator. As far as getting Imrie involved, I remember saying something about the triangle created by Taggart, Bachirou and Imrie being instrumental in our success that day.

What was really instrumental to our win that day was Hands right foot. Which given the current situation we could really be doing with someone who has the ability to hit long shots on target seeing as we can't get the ball into the box with any success. 

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Archived