Liam Gormley - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Liam Gormley

lazy_ar*e_student

Its a locked content news story so only seen the snippet but Moore has said that he is set to ask Liam Gormley to make himself available as a trialist for Morton this weekend - but concedes that additional finances will have to be freed up before a permanent deal could be offered.

So if this was the case why bring him in, in the first place, where can we get these additional financies from and does this mean that Bachirou is a luxury we could never have in the first place.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

I'm trying to think of a player we could let go to bring Gormley in but I can't seem to think of one. Most players we have just brought in this summer and so we shouldn't be looking to sell them. I striker is a position where we are fairly light in and Gormley did look livley when he came on.

Tricky one for Moore.

Don't get it.

He was in the paper before the window slammed shut chasing every striker under the sun, saying he still had finances to bring in a striker. Yes, a lot of them were loan deals probably but he still would need to contribute to the wage so where has that money suddenly gone?

Also Hutton came in for Combe and you would have to imagine he is on less that what Combe was on.

Fred deal was stupid as been crying out for a striker!

Could also argue that Wilkie and/or Halsman was not required if wanted fred in and a striker.

Who would have played in midfield on Saturday if not Fred? 3 wins out of 4 in the league since he re-signed. I don't think the Fred deal was stupid at all.

Don't get it.

He was in the paper before the window slammed shut chasing every striker under the sun, saying he still had finances to bring in a striker. Yes, a lot of them were loan deals probably but he still would need to contribute to the wage so where has that money suddenly gone?

Also Hutton came in for Combe and you would have to imagine he is on less that what Combe was on.

I think this is a way the Weirs from Largs could help out if they are willing to contribute something towards the club. Agree to sponsor 1 or 2 new players' wages for the duration of their contract.

I think this is a way the Weirs from Largs could help out if they are willing to contribute something towards the club. Agree to sponsor 1 or 2 new players' wages for the duration of their contract.

I notice you said that on the other thread as well.

Have you heard something about them being interested in that way?

I notice you said that on the other thread as well.

Have you heard something about them being interested in that way?

No, just an idea!

They've attended a few matches and are obviously showing an interest in the club or they wouldn't have returned.

Perhaps DDF is courting them for something else, dunno!

It seems unusual though that a self confessed supporter of Partick & Largs Thistles attends Cappielow.

I'm uncomfortable about relying on the Weirs' wealth and were I in their position I'd question why I'd gained so many friends. It's one thing asking for sponsorship from a business that gets something tangible in return by way of advertising, but after a decade of relying on a rich benefactor and going deeper into debt by the year, relying on more rich people shouldn't be the route we take.

I've been impressed with the lad but if we can't afford him he shoudn't be signed. If wages are freed up by the release of players in January and he's still available by all means give him another chance but if someone else picks him up tough luck, another harsh lesson learned.

I'm uncomfortable about relying on the Weirs' wealth and were I in their position I'd question why I'd gained so many friends. It's one thing asking for sponsorship from a business that gets something tangible in return by way of advertising, but after a decade of relying on a rich benefactor and going deeper into debt by the year, relying on more rich people shouldn't be the route we take.

If a local person has wealth, no matter how they have come by it, and want to assist the club in any manner I have no issues with that, in fact I'd welcome it. I think the debt being accrued by the Chairman is a seperate issue which we can have no influence on.

I don't think the Weirs are in anything to gain friends and believe their generousity is genuine with regards to their donations to good causes so far. Only the recipients have generated any publicity.

I've been impressed with the lad but if we can't afford him he shoudn't be signed. If wages are freed up by the release of players in January and he's still available by all means give him another chance but if someone else picks him up tough luck, another harsh lesson learned.

:unsure:

Were I lucky enough to be in the Weir's position, I'd find it a bit impertinent for people to be spending my money for me. If they choose to do so fine, but it's their money and it's up to them what they do with it.

Actually were I to be in their position, I'd have been writing "From the office of the Chairman" postings for the last few months, and there would be some reserved heated seats at the front of the Cowshed. With a draught Bovril dispenser.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Were I lucky enough to be in the Weir's position, I'd find it a bit impertinent for people to be spending my money for me. If they choose to do so fine, but it's their money and it's up to them what they do with it.

Actually were I to be in their position, I'd have been writing "From the office of the Chairman" postings for the last few months, and there would be some reserved heated seats at the front of the Cowshed. With a draught Bovril dispenser.

:lol:

Me too, man. I'd be having the time of my life getting the ton sorted out.

:lol:

Me too, man. I'd be having the time of my life getting the ton sorted out.

Nah, I think all the fannies on here and elsewhere criticising everything you do would wear you down eventually. I genuinely love the Ton but if I were ever lucky enough to win a fortune I don't think I could be bothered with all the hassle and abuse you'd bound to be on the receiving end of if you bought into it.

Too old for that malarky, just want a quiet life, :)

With that level of cash you could easily sign a team that would compete at the top end of the SPL. Even 10 million would ensure a step change in our achievement level - and with that would come a better atmosphere as crowds would go up past the decent atmosphere trigger level. Main downside is that we'd need to be all seated.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

With that level of cash you could easily sign a team that would compete at the top end of the SPL. Even 10 million would ensure a step change in our achievement level - and with that would come a better atmosphere as crowds would go up past the decent atmosphere trigger level. Main downside is that we'd need to be all seated.

I see the main downside as having no money left after 5 years. **** that.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

All true, but even if all that were achieved you'd still be on the receiving end of dogs abuse from some (most?) fans. Who in their right mind would pay for the privilege of having to put up with all that shenanigans?

Archived