Should Morton Now Vote Yes - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Should Morton Now Vote Yes

I cannot understand why the SPL & the SFA think they are still in a position to blackmail the SFL or the SFL clubs, even the SFL committee shouldn't be in a position to override their members clubs or the clubs can surely put forward a vote of no confidence on those running the show.

The SFL clubs now should have every bit of power going, if the SPL & SFA want blackmail then give it to them in the form of 'give us what we want in the form of league reconstruction, better division of the wealth through out the game and one governing body and we'll give you the Newco back into the SFL in the bottom tier, if you don't want this then fine but if you want the Newco you'll need to take them right back into the SPL.

I have no problem with the Newco being voted back into the SFL but only in the bottom tier.

I was of the same opinion but I'm now having a big problem with them being voted back in at all! The SPL/SFA clearly want a return to the status quo asap which means all this talk of reconstruction etc is bull!

If they get into Div 3 then we may see some change but I doubt it will be much. The other 10 hav lost 2 OF home games, they won't want to restructure and lose income from another game against Celtic, those 2 games will now be invaluable!

here today, gone to hell

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a desperate bribe.

April 2011 - Doncaster said that a top tier of 16 teams would cost the game around £20 million.

Now it's a great idea - a last desperate effort to save having Sevco three leagues below.

The SPL I believe, are part of this travesty, hence their overwheming "No" vote. They've kicked a carcass over the fence and asked us to fatten it up and return it in exactly a year - but the SFL don't appear to want to play ball with them.

Affects around 3 or 4 SFL teams who have SPL compliant stadia and who even stand a chance of going up next year.

Even they will see through this.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

This isn't about Rangers anymore who now find themselves as a pawn being used by failing SPL clubs like Kilmarnock to blackmail their way to financial stability. I say put them in the third and if clubs like Killie fail then there's a Falkirk, a Dunfermline, a Partick Thistle and dare I say it a Morton waiting to take their place.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I was of the same opinion but I'm now having a big problem with them being voted back in at all! The SPL/SFA clearly want a return to the status quo asap which means all this talk of reconstruction etc is bull!

If they get into Div 3 then we may see some change but I doubt it will be much. The other 10 hav lost 2 OF home games, they won't want to restructure and lose income from another game against Celtic, those 2 games will now be invaluable!

I know what your saying but I suppose in some ways your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

I think we have to take a chance on this, even meeting the SPL & SFA half way and giving the newco a chance of top tier football within 2yrs instead of 3 would suit me. I would do this with league reconstruction starting next season, Newco would start life in the SFL3. League reconstruction next season would give us 2 top leagues of 16 and a bottom league of 10, if the Newco won their league this year that would mean they would enter the 2nd tier of Scottish football next season giving them the chance of top flight football within 2 years instead of 3.

VOTE NO

Ignore the blackmail and bribes. The SFA / SPL are again trying to screw the SFL and retun to the Old Firm status quo.If the vote ends up yes then it is confirmation to Scotland and the rest of the world that Scottish football is run by and for two clubs.

I know what your saying but I suppose in some ways your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

I think we have to take a chance on this, even meeting the SPL & SFA half way and giving the newco a chance of top tier football within 2yrs instead of 3 would suit me. I would do this with league reconstruction starting next season, Newco would start life in the SFL3. League reconstruction next season would give us 2 top leagues of 16 and a bottom league of 10, if the Newco won their league this year that would mean they would enter the 2nd tier of Scottish football next season giving them the chance of top flight football within 2 years instead of 3.

This is the ideal scenario for me.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I see the Daily Ranger is going with the headlines like;

"WE CANNOT AFFORD SPORTING INTEGRITY"

and

"1ST DIVISION IS ENOUGH PUNSIHMENT ALREADY"

WHY are they not pulling up Doncaster for his LIES?

WHY are they not questioning the paltry TV deal with SKY?

WHY are they not questioning why sponsors have clauses in their contracts that says they can pull out if there is not 4 old firm derbies a season?

What an ABSOLUTE rag that is... pathetic excuse for journalism

I see the Daily Ranger is going with the headlines like;

"WE CANNOT AFFORD SPORTING INTEGRITY"

and

"1ST DIVISION IS ENOUGH PUNSIHMENT ALREADY"

WHY are they not pulling up Doncaster for his LIES?

WHY are they not questioning the paltry TV deal with SKY?

WHY are they not questioning why sponsors have clauses in their contracts that says they can pull out if there is not 4 old firm derbies a season?

What an ABSOLUTE rag that is... pathetic excuse for journalism

Just makes you wonder how far & deep the corruption actually goes in scotland.

The future just ain't what it used to be

I detest all this blackmail/hold a gun to your head stuff. That's not the way these "talks" should be constructed.

Regan and Doncaster should go and go now! And Longmuir should be careful here as well or he should follow

Morally and to uphold sporting integrity Newco should go straight to Div. 3.

Let's have league reconstruction, it's for the good of the game in Scotland. That's the reason we should go for it and for that reason only.

What I would be concerned about is Newco going to Div. 3, coming through the leagues and into the SPL without change to the leagues and everything going back to what is was before Rangers went tits up.

That scenario would be a shame for Morton, all SFL Clubs and for the game in Scotland as a whole.

that's what i'm worried about, as Steven Pressley (still a knob but has spoken sense throughout this) said this is a golden opportunity for Scottish football to reform everything from top to bottom. we should not miss this chance. it's not about small clubs looking for power, it's about everyone outside of the spl demanding a fair crack of the whip rather than the current setup.

This isn't about Rangers anymore who now find themselves as a pawn being used by failing SPL clubs like Kilmarnock to blackmail their way to financial stability. I say put them in the third and if clubs like Killie fail then there's a Falkirk, a Dunfermline, a Partick Thistle and dare I say it a Morton waiting to take their place.

agree, i'd say that outside of dundee united, hibs, hearts and aberdeen the rest of the clubs in SPL are easily replaceable over the medium term (i.e a few years to establish) by the likes of the clubs you mention

I think thats the best thing that could come out this mess!

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

Still a definite no as far as I'm concerned.

Also, after all that's gone on already who s to say that they will in fact stick to their promise. Given that they are saying that a 16 team leagu will be formed in around three years time, I suspect that they will go back on that and come up with some reason not to implement it after they've got their precious Rangers in the position they want.

How many times have we seen the politicians promising this and that only to drop their promises after they've been elected.

Still a definite no as far as I'm concerned.

Also, after all that's gone on already who s to say that they will in fact stick to their promise. Given that they are saying that a 16 team leagu will be formed in around three years time, I suspect that they will go back on that and come up with some reason not to implement it after they've got their precious Rangers in the position they want.

How many times have we seen the politicians promising this and that only to drop their promises after they've been elected.

just need to look at what Doncaster has said about a bigger league in the past to know this promise to look at restructuring is just a lot of bulls***e

He said a 16 team league would be financial "armageddon" in 2010, yet now he is trying to con us into thinking it is an option for the future.

The man really is a disgrace.

What's folk's thoughts after yesterday's restructuring proposal ??

I haven't read the newspapers on it but Radio Clyde said it'll only happen if Newco were admitted to Division One.

It's what Dougie has wanted for years however I think as a point of principal and the fact it's blackmail he should tell them where to shove it.

As well as that they could also suddenly withdraw the proposal as well say six months down the line once Newco have their place in Division One.

The SFA had already suggested they'd overrule the member clubs on the Newco vote before this restructure was announced so what's to stop them ioverruling it going ahead once they get Newco in Division One.

Newco should start in the third division.

Everyone including themselves want that why can't Regan and Co accept what the clubs and the fans all want.

It's all about the money, you should know that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

The likes of ourselves, QotS, Ayr etc. will get nowhere near being allowed to join the SPL

(they'll shift the goal posts faster than a FIFA member picking up a bribe) and truth be told I wouldn't want to be any part of that malignant organisation.

NEWCO third division...no collecting a share of the soon to be dumped Sky/ESPN bitch money on their way down

Let the big expense accounts and cushy well paid jobs go.....clubs going to the wall ? nah this is what it is really about....

Let them sink(Self Preservation League) in a pool of their own bullcrap

NEWCO third division...no collecting a share of the soon to be dumped Sky/ESPN bitch money on their way down

Let the big expense accounts and cushy well paid jobs go.....clubs going to the wall ? nah this is what it is really about....

Let them sink(Self Preservation League) in a pool of their own bullcrap

I agree

If the SPL was dependent on ONE club to survive then it wasn't worth keeping alive anyway

The link below, if it works as I'm an IT incompetent, is the notes from a meeting the Rangers Supporters Trust had with Neil Doncaster. Doncaster details why a larger league won't work.

Not surprisingly sporting integrity and an insistance that it won't work is being replaced by a now quickly cobbled together fudge.

Dougie and the rest of the SFL chairmen should still vote no and continue to say no to these idiots

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...ng_with_SPL.pdf

This bit is brilliant;

16 Team League and why the SPL say it wouldn't work

Neil Doncaster did admit that there is an aspiration to move towards a 16, or even an 18, team league but as stated previously he states this idea is a non starter for a number of reasons.

Financial – the SPL have hired external experts in the field who predicted that if the SPL was to move to a 16 team league the loss in revenue would total £20m.

This has to be the reason for the Suns £80M loss story which was nothing more than regurgitated SPL/Sevco spin from Iain King.

Doncaster banged the drum about the SFL clubs costing Scottish football £16M, his latest solution is to propose a change that he's ON RECORD stating will cost the game £20M!

Obviously that makes him look stupid, even by his standards, so they get an £80M spin story out in the media the day before.

We have to vote No.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

This is the ideal scenario for me.

I agree. And I know that a few on here think the same.

I posted this a while ago, and I still pretty much feel the same (although I would love it if Rangers failed to get promotion, and I'm not completely convinced by leagues of 16 - too few games and too big a drop between top 2 divisions):

From my uneducated position the solution seems simple.

Rangers (in whatever form) start again from the third division next season. The following year the top 3 divisions combine to make 2 leagues of 16 (with a pyramid system below). Rangers are back in the SPL for 2014-15, and everything has been revitalised in the process.

It also sets a pattern for when the inevitable happens and other teams have to do the same thing.

You would need to sort out the problems with leagues of 16 though, as I do think that there are many financial dangers there e.g. 3 less home games, drastic reduction in away supoort between top and second tier etc.

Maybe a solution would be to go with a top tier of 14 and second tier of 18 with regional leagues feeding into that system (i.e. North and South 'conference' leagues).

If Morton were to turn around and vote yes Douglas Rae would lose any credibility he has and we'd be forever known as a club who sold out. Stick to our guns the changes will have to happen regardless and may even be more emphatic through necessity if we stick Newco in the 3rd.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Archived