Lets Do Something Positive As Fans - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Lets Do Something Positive As Fans

port-ton

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I passed my driving test in fifth year which did nothing for my exam results. I sat higher twice and got a compo O Level on both occasions. I am therefore the proud holder of three O Level French certificates!

Bit off topic but I have a thing (bee in bonnet/beret) about the distinctive Scottish education system.

'O' levels are sat and passed in other countries in the UK. 'O' Grades are sat and passed in Scotland. Note the positive "passed" and not "failed"!

I'm sorry to say I'll be in Barcelona the weekend of the Raith game to see my wee team in action. A shocking mistake on my part. :(

I think it's great to honour the wee fella but I worry that some of us are resigning ourselves to losing him as this seems more of a going away present. We've around 3 weeks left to convince him to stay and that should still be the first priority. I reckon he will for what it's worth.

Fred must stay! ^_^

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Should do it for the County game next week.

Too short notice, i doubt anything ordered would arrive by then. It would just be 1000 people with a clove of garlic in their hand.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just contacted the Greenock Telegraph regarding the 'French Day' and they want to help publicise it. This is what they said....

"Thanks for emailing to let us know about the idea - I'm sure Fred would be very appreciative of such a gesture and we'd be happy to put something in the paper.

It would also be good if we could get a couple of people together for a picture with a French flag to promote it, so let us know if you're up for that."

Just noticed this, couple of us are up for it so far, if anyone else wants to be famous for the day let me know!

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Bit off topic but I have a thing (bee in bonnet/beret) about the distinctive Scottish education system.

'O' levels are sat and passed in other countries in the UK. 'O' Grades are sat and passed in Scotland. Note the positive "passed" and not "failed"!

O grades don't exist any more - I find the new system incomprehensible but it seems to be things like foundation, General, Credit and then Highers.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Right guys, this has moved at a rapid pace and it's hard to believe that the idea only came to fruition today.

So far in donations towards funding parts of the day have reached £120 (£270 if you include the Trusts wonderful donation) thanks to the generosity of Morton fans. That's an incredible amount after one day considering i figured it would only be a few people donating a few pounds here and there, so thank you to all that's donated.

So far we have the waving flags bought, the music side of things sorted aswell as letting everyone know the sort of attire they should hopefully be wearing if they want to take part in the day. We still have to buy the giant flag with a personal message to Fred on it for the WDE (for which donations are still very very welcome), and perhaps if time/funds allow it, maybe a banner with something longer and more personal towards him.

The Greenock Telegraph has also been contacted by some very helpful people, and they seem willing to do a story on it and get the day some exposure to Morton fans outside of The forum/facebook group, which i am very very thankful for. We're hoping for a press release of some sort on Inverclyde now aswell, although still waiting to see.

Hopefully there will be more things to come with regards to things happening on the day, and if you have any ideas no matter how silly, please feel free to let me know and i'll see what i can do. We want to make this day as special for Fred as we can.

Again i thank you all for your support of an idea that i posted after a few drinks, and had no realisation that if it was a popular idea that i would have to organise it, so thanks again for the financial support, and the effort some of you have gone to to help me out today and the offers to help out on the day.

Lets make this one of the most memorable days at Cappielow ever, that they'll be talking about for years to come.

Thanks again, Jamie

#FreddyBachirouAppreciationDay

32.gif

Think that's me sorted at least 3 face painters to paint the French Tri-Colour on kids faces in the time leading upto the game.

I hope they don't ask for anything harder, because they are severely limited to block primary colours!

One is a Rangers fan, ive told him not to tell the children that they are Rangers colours.

Also the idea has been brought up that people should dress as mime artists, but with Morton tops instead of striped tops, which i think is a fantastic idea!

32.gif

Just bought 5 masks of Fred's face, hopefully they turn out alright as it's hard to get a decent picture of him!

32.gif

Archived