Game Off - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Game Off

Alibi

Says on P&B that the pitch is flooded - inspection at 10am apparently. Shouldn't take long to decide if it's flooded. Sounds as if there's Noah chance of the game being on if the p&B post is true.

(Edited to amend thread title for clarity)

IF ANYONE DOESN'T ALREADY KNOW, THE GAME IS OFF.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Was looking forward to the game, however, it's better to find out that it's off when you're still at Stirling Services, rather than halfway to Dingwall.

I feel sorry for guys like Toby who will have found out about the cancellation on the train to Inverness, though a session in Inverness isn't the worst thing in the world. :P

Was looking forward to the game, however, it's better to find out that it's off when you're still at Stirling Services, rather than halfway to Dingwall.

I feel sorry for guys like Toby who will have found out about the cancellation on the train to Inverness, though a session in Inverness isn't the worst thing in the world. :P

They could always go and see Caley v Hearts

I got lucky Frank. Slept in this morning and had to go for the 1010 from Queen Street. Found out the game was off just as I got on the train so got off and got a refund and I'm just home now.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to make do with irvineTON's stag do to alleviate the boredom :thumbup2: :drink: :bouncy: !!!

I got lucky Frank. Slept in this morning and had to go for the 1010 from Queen Street. Found out the game was off just as I got on the train so got off and got a refund and I'm just home now.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to make do with irvineTON's stag do to alleviate the boredom :thumbup2: :drink: :bouncy: !!!

Ah! that was lucky.

Keir and I were considering the Shire v Montrose or Sauchie v Bo'ness Utd games, but tbh, neither of us muster any enthusiasm for either of these games.

Enjoy irvineTON's stag do.

...aarrrgghhh... Only heard on radio scotland 5 minutes ago. 60 miles from inverness ...

I heard that too. Gene Pitney's failed attempt to recapture the success he had with 24 hours from Tulsa.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

They could always go and see Caley v Hearts

We had considered that option when we found out the game was off at the time we got to Aviemore.

We then decided on a different option and went to the game pictured below cos there was an ex-Morton player due to be playing in that particular match.

I'll chuck in a prize for the first person to post on this thread which match we were at and who the ex-Morton player is ........

21jan.jpg

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

We had considered that option when we found out the game was off at the time we got to Aviemore.

We then decided on a different option and went to the game pictured below cos there was an ex-Morton player due to be playing in that particular match.

I'll chuck in a prize for the first person to post on this thread which match we were at and who the ex-Morton player is ........

21jan.jpg

Forres Mechanics v Strathspey Thistle, and Garry Tweedie for Forres.

I considered heading along to that one, but my brother, who was coming to the game with me, used to play for Strathspey and didn't want to go and watch them.

I ended up at ICT v Hearts instead.

Forres Mechanics v Strathspey Thistle, and Garry Tweedie for Forres.

I considered heading along to that one, but my brother, who was coming to the game with me, used to play for Strathspey and didn't want to go and watch them.

I ended up at ICT v Hearts instead.

Spot on.

Garry scored the equaliser for Forres who were 1/33 to win the match and found themselves a goal down early doors. It was well into the 2nd half before they got back on level terms and Tweedie had passed up a good few chances before he was subbed and Forres got the winner.

Pretty dreadful game and terrible facilities, and at 8 quid to get in and another 2 quid to sit in the stand, it puts things into perspective a wee bit.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS WAY OVERPRICED !!!!

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

Spot on.

Garry scored the equaliser for Forres who were 1/33 to win the match and found themselves a goal down early doors. It was well into the 2nd half before they got back on level terms and Tweedie had passed up a good few chances before he was subbed and Forres got the winner.

Pretty dreadful game and terrible facilities, and at 8 quid to get in and another 2 quid to sit in the stand, it puts things into perspective a wee bit.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS WAY OVERPRICED !!!!

Did Tweedie play up front? He was more of a midfielder in his time with Morton, but I'm pretty sure he's played as a striker since.

I think he's based at RAF Lossiemouth and has been around a few of the western Highlands teams, like Elgin, Rothes and Lossiemouth.

He scored one of my favourite Morton goals when he first broke into the team. Danced along the byline at the Wee Dublin End, nutmegging a Clydebank player on the way before slotting past the keeper from an impossible angle.

Archived