Rangers Tax Case - Page 6 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rangers Tax Case

If Rangers do indeed go out of business, I sincerely hope that Scottish football can discover some previously hidden set of morals and refuse them entry back into the league set-up at the first opening, and I'd also expect a new set of rules preventing an Airdrie United situation. I doubt it though, in which case I'd at least hope the SFL cuts all ties with the SPL. Let them have their own irrelevancy of a league, as that is what it would be if that kind of situation was tolerated.

Either way, the sooner Rangers and their mirror image across the city disappear the better.

AWMSC

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decision is due a lot sooner than that, in 4-6 weeks.

If that 'institution' go bust I reckon i might just die laughing...but i'll need to delay my demise until the other half die too.

Oh what a grand day for Scotland it would be if both of these stains on our society ****ed off forever.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

If they went bust, they'd probably just buy Hearts, rename them and re-locate to Glasgow.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Decision is due a lot sooner than that, in 4-6 weeks.

Yip, sorry I am assunming they will appeal. Gettting my timelines from Phil Mac, he has been spot on so far with the lot of this, so going to trust him on the timings!! :P

I've always thought Whyte is just a front for Murray. Go into admin then Sir David can ride to the rescue without putting a lot of his cash at risk. :ph34r:

Interesting theory.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Could be would be like the English guy who’s name I can’t remember that was our “chairman” for like 4 weeks during the he who will not be named yeas .

Die he not “buy the club “ too

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Could be would be like the English guy who’s name I can’t remember that was our “chairman” for like 4 weeks during the he who will not be named yeas .

Die he not “buy the club “ too

Mr Peden - no he never did - that was just one bridge too far for all of us.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

No it's not. Mortgages are secured against property or other assets, as are car loans to some extent depending on the exact type of loan. For an unsecured loan there's usually a credit check involved. What Whyte seems to have done is hand over the future revenue stream from season tickets to a third party in return for a chunk of money. I suppose it's a bit like factoring. In any case it indicates to me someone getting money by dodgy accounting because he doesn't actually have the funds to buy Rangers. Incidentally what will happen if Rangers do go bust - presumably the lender won't get the future revenue as it will be a new company that buys them back and resuscitates them, and all the debts will be written off or at best paid out at a few pence in the £.

You can't get a specific security over a moveable asset in Scotland. The way finance companies get round this with the likes of cars involves them retaining ownership of the assets such as in a hire or lease purchase agreement. In effect you hire their car from them and you do not own it until it is fully paid for. In HP there is legislation preventing repossession after a certain proportion has been paid but the principle is there.

You would be amazed how many unsecured loans there used to be for cars and the like even to people with very dodgy credit records. It was just another symptom of the reckless banking culture we had up until a couple of years ago.

With regard to Rangers season ticket money, the only thing I can think of that Ticketus would have as security would be a mandate on these monies. Its not like debt factoring as in that, an actual debt is assigned to the factoring company. There is no debt in relation to future season ticket sales. If it is only a mandate, it will go down in the administration.

Who ever said about Whyte being a stooge for someone else whether that is Murray or A N Other, has an interesting theory. Whyte must have known that what he was doing was bound to end in financial failure and so why would he do it, unless he is off with some of the money raised from Ticketus?

Anyone in any doubt that Rangers Athletic or whatever, will be allowed to re-enter the SPL should check out Stuart Regan on Twitter. Here is a couple of quotes;

On the demise of Airdrie, Clydebank and Gretna

"whilst they were important clubs in their local communities they did not have the same commercial pull with broadcasters."

On life without Rangers

"all clubs benefit from theTV deal, not just 2"

"Do you really think that's in the best interest of Scottish football? #shortsighted".

SOmeone on this thread said they would be finished with football if they can re-enter the SPL. If I was you, I would be sussing out some new sports.

Mortgages and car loans are loaned on the basis of current earnings and your ability to re-pay at the time the loan is taken out, not future earnings, hence why one may arrange a mortgage protection insurance policy. The loan is further securitised against the property or vehicle itself.

This season ticket arrangement is based on projected figures that may or may not arise.

What a daft post.

Businesses take out loans all the time based on projected earnings. The lender has to be happy that these will happen but financial institutions do take calculated risks. Some will say thats why the country is in a state although its also why they make a lot of money when it comes off.

Anyone in any doubt that Rangers Athletic or whatever, will be allowed to re-enter the SPL should check out Stuart Regan on Twitter. Here is a couple of quotes;

On the demise of Airdrie, Clydebank and Gretna

"whilst they were important clubs in their local communities they did not have the same commercial pull with broadcasters."

On life without Rangers

"all clubs benefit from theTV deal, not just 2"

"Do you really think that's in the best interest of Scottish football? #shortsighted".

SOmeone on this thread said they would be finished with football if they can re-enter the SPL. If I was you, I would be sussing out some new sports.

Do they ??

Is that why more clubs are in huge debt right now ?

The future just ain't what it used to be

Do they ??

Is that why more clubs are in huge debt right now ?

Don't ask me. Ask Stewart Regan. Head of the SFA. They are quotes on his twitter account. Personally, with them Thatcher and Ian Paisley struggling. 2012 really could be a year of trebles. :ph34r:

SPL and Scottish football in general is an absolute joke! We are nearly, very nearly, on a par wit hthe Welsh/Irish League!!

Think the Juniors are run better!

Stewart Greacen, who was an absolute diddy in the second and third tiers of Scottish football was good enough to play in an Irish League Select in a pre-season tournament involving Manchester City and Inter Milan. No, we're not nearly on a par with either of those leagues.

Archived