Thread About Ex Player - Page 211 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I've never hated him tbh.

Neither have I, really. It’s fair to say he was never a fans’ favourite, but there’s been plenty of that ilk. I’d say the likes of Grady, Allan McManus, Millen, Bachirou, Barr and Declan McManus have left a far more sour taste, but they either continue to talk Morton up or say nothing/very little. Declan being the posssible exception when he gets booed.

Quite why he needs to keep it going so many years later is a mystery.

• Upvote 2

He comes across like a right fa**y in that interview. All the players were sh*ting it from the big bad cowshed but he stood up to us by giving us the finger! He makes out like all he got in his time with us was constant abuse, that's not how i remember it at all. Aye there would have been some shouts, but most players have prob had that at some point in their career, not just us!

I never really disliked him in his time with us and always felt he was the pantomime villain if anything but it seem to revel in being our hate figure, so feck it, your still a wee fa**y Scott!

He'll be reading this with a raging stauner because we're still talking about him.

Absolutely correct, but it’s all because he’s drawn the attention to himself at a time when nobody was interested in him.

He’s like Colin Darroch storming off of the form under his Zhivago guise before coming back as Clydeview because he couldn’t bear not to be talked about.

I’m assuming oor Scott will know all about that comparison, as going by his recent behaviour, he’s probably been reading this forum on a daily basis for the last decade.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely correct, but it’s all because he’s drawn the attention to himself at a time when nobody was interested in him.

He’s like Colin Darroch storming off of the form under his Zhivago guise before coming back as Clydeview because he couldn’t bear not to be talked about.

I’m assuming oor Scott will know all about that comparison, as going by his recent behaviour, he’s probably been reading this forum on a daily basis for the last decade.

There's one far less likeable coward who reads the forum even more regularly than Scott does, checking if he's being talked about or not. 

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Scott McLaughlin’s been interviewed for the Tell Him He’s Pelé podcast again, and apparently it’s pretty interesting listening for us.

Is it just me that’s bored with the “Morton fans hate me” patter, a decade after he left? He’s doing some amount of work trying to remain relevant to us.

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/scott-mclaughlin-2-part-one/

Interesting. Listened to it whilst watching the Collaborators Derby.

*insert signature here*

There's one far less likeable coward who reads the forum even more regularly than Scott does, checking if he's being talked about or not.

If only there was a website called "Tell him he's a Paedo" then we could all take turns at talking about that creepy old bastard. :D

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

If only there was a website called "Tell him he's a Paedo" then we could all take turns at talking about that creepy old bastard. :D

Well Pelé can’t get a hard on either, so if you ask the guy nicely, he might interview Urnie for you.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on P+B, might as well stick in on here as well.

Despite his obvious ambition to stay front and centre of Morton fans' thoughts, Scott McLaughlin has been an absolute irrelevance for years now. The fact that he still jibes at us on Twitter shows his utter desperation to remain relevant, and shows him up for the jumped up wee c**t he is. Here are my memories of his tenure at Morton;

McLaughlin started off his career in a decent enough fashion in the loan spell and I was happy enough, if not overwhelmed, that he joined permanently. He had good energy but lacked any sort of ability to read the game or positional awareness. Him stating in the podcast that he never considered himself a holding midfielder probably supports that. In the season with Gretna in the league, once we fell away from chasing Gretna he just seemed to vanish. In the run of games leading up to the playoffs he was horrendous; shitting out of tackles, not bothering to track runners, barking orders at far better players than himself and regularly taking charge of set pieces (again at the expense of far better players) only to see his delivery fail spectacularly were just some of his dislikeable traits.

When McLaughlin talks about the ruptures with the fans, it's important to give a bit of context. This was in the aftermath of the betting scandal, which absolutely tore the club apart at the seams. The boardroom, the staff and management and the supporters were all absolutely fuming and blaming the other groups for the issues at the club. I'd argue that some of the issues we see among the Morton fanbase stem back to the betting scandal, although I know the Morton fanbase has always had a fractious element. At this point in time, Jim McInally was creating a siege mentality in the dressing room that caused a severe disconnect between the club and the fans. When you combine this atmosphere and the recent history of the club with us festering in the Second Division despite being a full-time club, it was pretty obvious that things at Morton was rotten to the core. This wasn't helped by reports coming from the training ground of some less than professional shenanigans like players turning up drunk and having naked table tennis tournaments and it became pretty obvious that McInally was not up to the job. It became pretty apparent that the chairman was not going to sack McInally no matter the results, so the supporters became more and more vocal until McInally's role was absolute untenable. He was correctly hounded out of the club and replaced.

I still maintain, while I remember McLaughin getting it tight, that the abuse wasn't as constant or visceral as he describes it in the podcast. While he was at the club he was criticised because he was playing poorly and looked like he didn't give a f**k about it, I wouldn't put it much beyond that. He never became a proper pantomime villain until he left us and took every possible opportunity to get it right up us. That, of course, is his right but we also had the right to point out that he was an absolute chancer who was more interested in dressing room antics than actually performing well for a club desperate to get back to the First Division.

McLaughlin was the archetypical Jim McInally player. He was happy to claim full-time money and strut around a part time league like the dogs bollocks, but then when things went wrong he would look absolutely anywhere but at himself when called out for his failings. His 'awk it was all a bit of banter' type attitude on the podcast, he both fucking hated Morton fans and absolutely lapped up the 'big bad Morton fans' narrative whenever it suits his agenda.

I sincerely hope that Morton manage to consign the atmosphere at Morton during McLaughlin's tenure, managers like Jim McInally and players like Scott McLaughlin to the history books.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, for someone who's an irrelevance, Morton supporters spend a lot of time talking about him.

He get's talked about when he makes a complete tit of himself. Otherwise, I don't recall much speak of him. 

He's a fanny desperately trying to remain as some kind of pantomime villain. Boring. 

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I posted this on P+B, might as well stick in on here as well.

Despite his obvious ambition to stay front and centre of Morton fans' thoughts, Scott McLaughlin has been an absolute irrelevance for years now. The fact that he still jibes at us on Twitter shows his utter desperation to remain relevant, and shows him up for the jumped up wee c**t he is. Here are my memories of his tenure at Morton;

McLaughlin started off his career in a decent enough fashion in the loan spell and I was happy enough, if not overwhelmed, that he joined permanently. He had good energy but lacked any sort of ability to read the game or positional awareness. Him stating in the podcast that he never considered himself a holding midfielder probably supports that. In the season with Gretna in the league, once we fell away from chasing Gretna he just seemed to vanish. In the run of games leading up to the playoffs he was horrendous; s***ting out of tackles, not bothering to track runners, barking orders at far better players than himself and regularly taking charge of set pieces (again at the expense of far better players) only to see his delivery fail spectacularly were just some of his dislikeable traits.

When McLaughlin talks about the ruptures with the fans, it's important to give a bit of context. This was in the aftermath of the betting scandal, which absolutely tore the club apart at the seams. The boardroom, the staff and management and the supporters were all absolutely fuming and blaming the other groups for the issues at the club. I'd argue that some of the issues we see among the Morton fanbase stem back to the betting scandal, although I know the Morton fanbase has always had a fractious element. At this point in time, Jim McInally was creating a siege mentality in the dressing room that caused a severe disconnect between the club and the fans. When you combine this atmosphere and the recent history of the club with us festering in the Second Division despite being a full-time club, it was pretty obvious that things at Morton was rotten to the core. This wasn't helped by reports coming from the training ground of some less than professional shenanigans like players turning up drunk and having naked table tennis tournaments and it became pretty obvious that McInally was not up to the job. It became pretty apparent that the chairman was not going to sack McInally no matter the results, so the supporters became more and more vocal until McInally's role was absolute untenable. He was correctly hounded out of the club and replaced.

I still maintain, while I remember McLaughin getting it tight, that the abuse wasn't as constant or visceral as he describes it in the podcast. While he was at the club he was criticised because he was playing poorly and looked like he didn't give a f**k about it, I wouldn't put it much beyond that. He never became a proper pantomime villain until he left us and took every possible opportunity to get it right up us. That, of course, is his right but we also had the right to point out that he was an absolute chancer who was more interested in dressing room antics than actually performing well for a club desperate to get back to the First Division.

McLaughlin was the archetypical Jim McInally player. He was happy to claim full-time money and strut around a part time league like the dogs bollocks, but then when things went wrong he would look absolutely anywhere but at himself when called out for his failings. His 'awk it was all a bit of banter' type attitude on the podcast, he both ****ing hated Morton fans and absolutely lapped up the 'big bad Morton fans' narrative whenever it suits his agenda.

I sincerely hope that Morton manage to consign the atmosphere at Morton during McLaughlin's tenure, managers like Jim McInally and players like Scott McLaughlin to the history books.

An essay about Scott McLaughlin. Fkn rivetting

• Downvote 7

Show Racism the Red Card

He get's talked about when he makes a complete tit of himself. Otherwise, I don't recall much speak of him. 

He's a fanny desperately trying to remain as some kind of pantomime villain. Boring. 

Yup, he wouldn't be relevant if he didn't try so hard to be. He's getting talked about because he's opened his mouth and had a go at us. Not because he's some sort of hate figure or otherwise. If Jim McInally or the like were to have such complaints you could understand, but McLaughlin only gains our attention when he actively seeks it.

In other news, former midfielder Scott McLaughlin signs for Edusport Academy in the Lowland League.

To be fair, for someone who's an irrelevance, Morton supporters spend a lot of time talking about him.

When was the last time he was mentioned on here without him making a comment about Morton/Morton fans? 

When was the last time he was mentioned on here without him making a comment about Morton/Morton fans? 

To be fair, it was last month after he went to the press about not being offered a contract by Albion Rovers. But I'd say the reaction and reaction on this thread was typical of many stories that get pretty widespread media coverage of one of our former players.

Had it involved Jon Scullion or Dean Keenan, I'd have expected a similar response.

They really don't - unless he's devoting thirty minutes of reflection on his career of utter failure to being shouted at by the big, bad boo boys or having another meltdown about the club on social media.  

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are