Thread About Ex Player - Page 216 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

He is out for 3months.

Problem he has, if serious...he is not contracted to a clubs nd will need to wait on NHS or go private.

His surgery was sponsored last time by the surgeon so cost us nothing.

Shankland scores twice in the opening minutes for Ayr against Stenny.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I think he was unfit and maybe a little uninterested when he signed for us so maybe playing for Ayr has given him a kick up the arse that he can't take his career for granted.

I would also take him back if the opportunity was there.

He came to us unfit in the middle of the season and from memory hadn't been playing much for St Mirren the first half of the season. Maybe with a full pre season under his belt and at peak fitness we might have seen a different Shankland, but i also believe that a season in the diddy leagues scoring goals for fun could only be great for him to get his confidence back.

It didn't work out for him at Morton but i'm glad to see him doing well now as he looks like he could be turning in to a real talent.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

St Mirren fans keen on Shankland heading there. Wondered how they there were reacting to draws with Spartans and Queens Park... they are struggling up front, and 'Shanks' is the main name being discussed.

• Downvote 3

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

There was undoubtedly a player there. As others have said whether he was unfit, low on confidence etc it just didn't work out for him.

I see Andy Murdoch is getting rave reviews as well.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Shankland has scored 35 goals in 36 games now. An Incredible record even at mostly league 1 level.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He’ll score more goals this season than any of the forwards we have at present.

While Shankland is obviously a different player now to the puffing mess we had, I don't see any need for that kind of overreaction. In two seasons in this division, spanning more than 60 games, he's managed 14 goals. Denny Johnstone got that in one season and there's no reason to believe he isn't capable of delivering again.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

With the midfielders we have signed Denny should get much better service than last time and at his age he should still be improving so hoping for an even better goals return.

However he is more than just a scorer and holds the ball well. Looking forward to him being fit and available.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

With the midfielders we have signed Denny should get much better service than last time and at his age he should still be improving so hoping for an even better goals return.

However he is more than just a scorer and holds the ball well. Looking forward to him being fit and available.

Agree with this. He should thrive with the likes of Millar, Tidser and Telfer behind him.