"then There's Shimmin," - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"then There's Shimmin,"

Real_Hoops

I love when the odd thing people have said ages ago comes to fruition and they come out with stuff like this.

For every time those speshul few in the know get something right there are enough times they get it wrong to negate anything they say!

Glad you enjoyed it Puggsy.

Did I get the Alistair Donald situation wrong as well ?

The day after the Airdrie game debacle at the training ground ?

The managerial appointment debacle ?

The John Boag situation ?

The Shimmin situation ?

And they are just a few off the top of my head .....

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is ??????? How about 5 ?

How about a whole pile of other stuff that's not even been mentioned on here - youth set up issues, loan player debacles, requests for others not connected to the club to pay fees/expenses for loan players - I could go on, but won't.

Yup, it was all lucky guesses and some of them just happened to come true.

You nailed it !

By the way, for what its worth - in case you think this is all doom and gloom - the current situation at Cappielow is fundamentally BETTER than it has been in the last 18 months. For that DDFR deserves at least some praise - he has at least taken some decisive steps that make me more hopeful than I have been for a long time.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is putting in a certified "sick note" there is not a lot the Club can do about it.

If the Club pay him off he will have quite a few grand in his tail and could find a new Club in January. I would keep him here till the end of the season and make him come to training every day, fit or not.

What club would sign him with such an "injury" record? Most prudent employers would ask for a reference from a former employer and information regarding his 'attendance' record something which I fear Morton didn't investigate before he landing up at Cappielow. His history with Bournemouth and Crawley I thought would have warned off most clubs.

What club would sign him with such an "injury" record? Most prudent employers would ask for a reference from a former employer and information regarding his 'attendance' record something which I fear Morton didn't investigate before he landing up at Cappielow. His history with Bournemouth and Crawley I thought would have warned off most clubs.

That's the thing, we signed him and he had a "injury" record. I can see why most clubs would fall for it. Ex Arsenal, great prospect, chanced to build his career again, perhaps even getting a transfer fee if it all works out...

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Right! Enough of all this cloak and dagger nonsense.

Some of you clearly know the full story regarding Shimmin. So spill the beans!

He is the best centre half I've seen at Cappielow in years. If he's fit to play we need to play him. I think it's important for that supporters of Morton Football Club are made fully aware of the situation.

Simple as that. Let's move this debate along and get it out in the open.

He is the best centre half I've seen at Cappielow in years. If he's fit to play we need to play him. I think it's important for that supporters of Morton Football Club are made fully aware of the situation.

That wont happen,

Im beginning to think that the selective few who claim to have all the info on shimmin dont know at all.

What is there to hide?

sigs are for fuds

Yeah. For those that know, what's the point of knowing? I don't see the point in saying 'I have info on this' and as soon as something develops say 'Yup, that's what I've been saying all along'.

TiD, can you answer plainly: what is the script with Shimmin? We'll take your word for it, no naming sources, but to prevent any further speculation and rumour-mongering, what is the problem with him?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

masons2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Maybe he can "lodge" an appeal :lol:

You don't need to know all the facts. Read between the lines and you will see a player who won't get himself fit to play football for Morton.

He has conned the Club and the fans. He will quite happily go through the motions and rake in a handsome salary.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Yes there is. As with any other employer long term sick can allow the club to ask for an independent medical assessment (if they have the option in place). If he is pulling the wool over the clubs eyes this may go some way to allowing his contract to be torn up.

Take the chance of a tribunal, if something is being hid the player won't want to expose himself to that.

But then again....

That's what I was thinking but surely our own club doctor could assess if he was injured or not? I'd love to see us claw back the cash he's conned out us by hook or by crook. <_>

B)-->
QUOTE(big B @ Nov 24 2009, 04:41 PM) 672789[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->If and it is a big if if there is nothing medically wrong with him why do Morton not terminate his contract due to him breaching it. Then again he is probably pulling the wool over the medics eyes.

I know people have been slating rumours on her but I have heard that he was given a date to be fit for selection or we will sacking him and taking advice on whether we can reclaim wages spent on a player that was unwilling to fulfill the terms of his contract ..

Just a rumour

:D

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Yeah. For those that know, what's the point of knowing? I don't see the point in saying 'I have info on this' and as soon as something develops say 'Yup, that's what I've been saying all along'.

I think you're just going to have to accept that some people love to wallow in a kind of 'I know something you don't know, na na na na na :P ' mentality. Makes them feel important, so just crack a wry smile and let them go. :)

I don't believe there is any great secret to the Shimmin story. He got injured, couldn't be bothered getting himself fit after his injury, thinks he's too big for a small club, he was at Arsenal after all, and now can't be arsed doing anything other than picking up his paycheck.

Boy has a real personality problem which will probably never be fixed as nobody else will touch him with a barge pole unless its pay by appearance.

He's f11cked everyone around at the club from physios to managers but no longer. Shimmin will probably be the first and only player to be sacked by Morton, that's if they have enough evidence to support any future legal action at a tribunal.

Shame really as the boy does have talent.

I don't believe there is any great secret to the Shimmin story. He got injured, couldn't be bothered getting himself fit after his injury, thinks he's too big for a small club, he was at Arsenal after all, and now can't be arsed doing anything other than picking up his paycheck.

Boy has a real personality problem which will probably never be fixed as nobody else will touch him with a barge pole unless its pay by appearance.

He's f11cked everyone around at the club from physios to managers but no longer. Shimmin will probably be the first and only player to be sacked by Morton, that's if they have enough evidence to support any future legal action at a tribunal.

Shame really as the boy does have talent.

Thanks for that but TiD says he's "fit and available if selected?" :blink:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

TiD, can you answer plainly: what is the script with Shimmin? We'll take your word for it, no naming sources, but to prevent any further speculation and rumour-mongering, what is the problem with him?

If TiD came on here and told us the story months ago then I for one wouldn't have needed him to name a source. However, he didn't, so I'm in the huff with him.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

I love TiD's "I know something you don't know" mentality.

Either he should let people know what's going on, and stop with the cryptic bulls***, or say nothing. If he cared so much about his sources, it would have been the latter. He doesn't though.

: )

I don't have any insider knowledge about Shimmin, other than what is public knowledge.

I just think there are too many comments to think that there is not a serious problem and I doubt whether we will see him again.

As far as I knew, even when he was playing, he didn't attend many training sessions, and stayed in London during the week. I assume by Grady's comments about a pre-season schedule that he hasn't done much training, regardless of his injury or not.

Obviously Irons didn't like this and whether his 'injury' was just for the press is anyone's guess. Grady at least doesn't claim he is injured, but just leaves the question unanswered.

Archived