Dan Petrescu Wants Jim - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dan Petrescu Wants Jim

MORTON1985

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if jim was to go there i am sure that he would fit in to thier team no problem, also coming from rothesay he shouldn't find living in romania that much different :D I seiously think that he is now becoming stale and should have gone some time ago, great player on his day but i feel that we have held him back.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Any ideas of how much they are willing to pay? . . . . . . . . . A Goat or a horse and cart with some vegetables? :blink:

Stereotype much? Jeez....

This could be the big move that Jim has been waiting for, but will he up sticks to Eastern Europe for that chance?

As long as the move suits Morton and, more importantly, suits Jim then good luck to him - he deserves a shot at a higher level.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

His deal ends at the end of this season so we could have ended up with nothing for him.

If we can get a decent fee then we should take it.

As for Jim himself, well he has given more than a few years of service to the Club, so personally I would wish him well !

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

That's crazy. What a move that would be for him though, the chance to play with some really good technical plahyers would suit his game down to a T. I have a feeling that he wont be too enthraled at the prospect of moving to Romania however, but the Champions League factor might just be enough to tempt him.

As above, if the deal is the right one for club and player, we would be foolish to say no.

I think Dan Petrescu probably knows a bit more than us about whether Jimbo has what it takes, and he says Jimbo's exactly what his midfield needs. With the right manager and the right players round about him I've always thought Jimbo could make the step up to a higher level. I thought someone like Craig Levien would have snapped him up by now. It's a fantastic opportunity and Jim still has the fitness, energy and ability to get rid of all the staleness with a fresh start. He has to grab this chance.

not sure if this would be a good move for Jim. Obviously it would be great to play in the champions league but is the romanian league of a decent standard? Perhaps a 1 year deal with the option of a 2nd year may suit both parties

Another point, if he does go we could really struggle this season as he has been our best player in the games ive seen

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I guess it would be down to the money. I was told at the match on Monday that on average their players are earning about 70,000 Euros per annum = around £1100 per week. Its not huge money to tempt someone to upsticks and move to a foreign country where you don't speak the language and would be pretty much on your own.

As far as we are concerned, as long as we got the transfer fee released to Irons to sign a couple of replacements, if Jim wants to go, I would be sad but wish him luck.

I would be sad to see Jimbo go as i cant see any player coming in to fill his boots, i know he is a bit hot and cold in matches but we will defo struggle if he was to go.

Not sure if this is the dream move that he should take but then again how can i comment as never watched the Romanian legaue games.

This is up to Morton and jimbo and hope the transfer fee is right (i am sure Dougie wont let him go on the cheap)

If true then DI/DC need to be very quick to find someone who can play left mid/winger.

What about an exchange deal with one of there players for a year?

From Jim's perspective this is great news, a respected figure in European football can see his potential as unfortunatley his potential wont be fulfilled at Morton but he is still young enough to learn and improve his game.

A move out of Scotland may well be best for him. I remember Paul Lambert a teenage star at St Mirren, career stalled, eventually moved to Motherwell as none of the "bigger" Scottish teams fancied him. Then signed for Borussia Dortmund and became a important member of their Champions League winning side. Surprise surprise then Celtic paid £2m for him and he came back to Scotland and looked a complete player. Not saying that Jim will be anything like that but someone at Borussia saw something in him they could develop maybe Jim is the same.

Best of luck to him anyway, as above dont know if Romania would be the best move but this may create other interest and result in another opportunity.

Losing Jimaldinho would be disastrous for Morton IMHO.

Frankly I am rather disappointed with the lack of new signings, Neilly Mac apart. I think we have enough to avoid relegation but some flair would be nice. There seems to be rather a lack of urgency to improve the ream at the moment, although perhaps a final judgement should be left until the transfer window closes.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Losing Jimaldinho would be disastrous for Morton IMHO.

Frankly I am rather disappointed with the lack of new signings, Neilly Mac apart. I think we have enough to avoid relegation but some flair would be nice. There seems to be rather a lack of urgency to improve the ream at the moment, although perhaps a final judgement should be left until the transfer window closes.

When does it close?

Good luck to Jim if he does go (though at the moment we only seem to have an article in The Sun to go on - hardly the most reliable of sources!) - he's been a good servant to Morton and always gave 100%, even when it wasn't working for him.

I don't know if the club or the country will appeal to him too much - but working with Dan Petrescu might, it might do him the world of good for the future.

I'll be surprised if he goes there though.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

if he dosn't go now then we will get nothing for him as he will sign a pre contract with someone at xmas and then he will end up in the bad books, as well leaving now and getting something or wait 5 months to get nothing. if we can move him move him. good player but like i said should have moved on by now

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Good luck to Jim if he does go (though at the moment we only seem to have an article in The Sun to go on - hardly the most reliable of sources!) - he's been a good servant to Morton and always gave 100%, even when it wasn't working for him.

I don't know if the club or the country will appeal to him too much - but working with Dan Petrescu might, it might do him the world of good for the future.

I'll be surprised if he goes there though.

Also in the Evening Times, though looks like the same article:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2521437.0.0.php

Archived