Dan Petrescu Wants Jim - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dan Petrescu Wants Jim

MORTON1985

I would be gutted if Jim left, his effort and work-rate seems to carry the team when they are struggling for confidence etc, for example the 3-0 and 4-1 games at Dingwall or the 5-0 at Airdrie. At those games, he was the only player I would have given pass marks simply for his determination and refusal to lie down.

I think everyone else in the squad has their price, but Jim's the only player in the squad I wouldn't like to see leave. But on the other hand he is going stale at Morton, he needs to be playing around a better team, better coaches and better facilities. He could be a much better player than he is now around a better set-up.

I think if Doogie is going to sell him, we need to get a good fee for him upfront, and a whacking big sell-on clause, because if he has the potential I think he has, we could end with getting a good big sum from that in years to come.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this is based on an article in the Sun and copied word for word in the Evening Times hardly the most realiable.

If Jim is to move it would be better for all that he moves now as has been said before will no doubt sign a pre contract come January and the club loss out again

I am not saying this story is not true but this might just be a case of Morton stirring the hornet's nest knowing that his contract is up next year and getting other clubs to make offers so that we do not lose him for nothing.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Jul 22 2009, 12:21 PM) 627852[/snapback]
I am not saying this story is not true but this might just be a case of Morton stirring the hornet's nest knowing that his contract is up next year and getting other clubs to make offers so that we do not lose him for nothing.

The story quotes Petrescu as saying he was interested though, not the other way round and there are no quotes attributed to anyone from Morton

Still doesn't mean it's accurate, of course, given the paper concerned. Could be just a slow day newswise that led to it appearing in the first place.

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

B)-->
QUOTE(big B @ Jul 22 2009, 12:21 PM) 627852[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->I am not saying this story is not true but this might just be a case of Morton stirring the hornet's nest knowing that his contract is up next year and getting other clubs to make offers so that we do not lose him for nothing.

The story quotes Petrescu as saying he was interested though, not the other way round and there are no quotes attributed to anyone from Morton

Still doesn't mean it's accurate, of course, given the paper concerned. Could be just a slow day newswise that led to it appearing in the first place.

Dougie Rae Has Confirmed It in The tele. This Would Be A Big loss As i Can't See Anyone Replacing that Comes Close To His Ability. Knowing Morton We Would get Good Money For Him And probs Not Sign Any One.

good luck if he does go. it would be a new challenge for him. i saw davie irons last night in inverkip on the phone. i was hoping to an agent trying to sign someone.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I agree 100% with Alibi. Jim has been one of our most consistent players for at least two seasons. His work rate and fitness levels are second to none. He is Morton's only "pro-zone" footballer. Even if Irons did get the transfer money - do you trust him to find a suitable and worthy replacement?

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I'd rather have Jim for a further season unless there's a six figure sum involved, which I doubt.

We're simply not going to be able to replace Jim, certainly not this transfer window. We would struggle big time without him.

Hope he stays the season with us, and who knows what could happen if we have a good season near the top - he may even sign on again. He's still young, and has plenty of time left to play at a higher level.

TTG JIM!!!

I'd rather have Jim for a further season unless there's a six figure sum involved, which I doubt.

We're simply not going to be able to replace Jim, certainly not this transfer window. We would struggle big time without him.

Hope he stays the season with us, and who knows what could happen if we have a good season near the top - he may even sign on again. He's still young, and has plenty of time left to play at a higher level.

Every One Slates jim For Not being The player he Was But When U Come Clos To Losing Him to Another Club We All Realise How Important he Is to our team :rolleyes:

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Every One Slates jim For Not being The player he Was But When U Come Clos To Losing Him to Another Club We All Realise How Important he Is to our team :rolleyes:

I don't know why you chose my post, and rolled the eyes at me. I've never slated Jim and always stated that he had become under-rated the last couple of seasons. :rolleyes:

TTG JIM!!!

My mate from Rothesay text me earlier to say he's been insured for 25mins to play for the Romanians against Plymouth Argyle tonight. Looks like there could be a real possibility of Jimbo leaving then!

:blink: Do you think they might sign your mate as well as Jim then? :P

Take the money I say. Don;t want to risk losing him for nothing.

When was the last time we actually sold a player and retrieved some cash? It has been some time now!

Indeed. Mcalister is a good player, but if it's a choice between a decent fee and him going for nothing in January, we might as well take the money. It's not as if we're going to be making a sustained title push by signing guys like Grady and Monti, so we're as well finishing somewhere around mid-table without Jim as with him.

If that mob weren't in the Champions League though, then Jim would be crazy to go, because let's face it, they weren't really that good. Unless that was a very weakened side, on Monday's evidence they would be lucky to be involved in a fight for a Europa League spot in the SPL.

AWMSC

I reckon the publicity will mean there'll be quite a few clubs represented at that game tonight, maybe leading to offers from closer to home for Jim.

From a fan's perspective I don't really want to see him go as I think we'll be weaker without him, but as a business decision it would probably be correct to sell him soon - depending on the fee offered, of course.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Jul 22 2009, 01:32 PM) 627888[/snapback]
Right let's have a bit of fun if he does go what will the fee be I will go for a £100k.

Not a chance.

All things considered, £30,000 at most and we'll be lucky to get that. There isn't a player in the 1st Division worth £100k, far less one who can be signed on a pre-contract in a few months time.

AWMSC

B)-->
QUOTE(big B @ Jul 22 2009, 01:32 PM) 627888[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->Right let's have a bit of fun if he does go what will the fee be I will go for a £100k.

Not a chance.

All things considered, £30,000 at most and we'll be lucky to get that. There isn't a player in the 1st Division worth £100k, far less one who can be signed on a pre-contract in a few months time.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I think you'll find Griffiths was £125k :P

Archived