Last Match You Went To? - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

I'm planning on doing the same thing again towards the end of this season, you are more than welcome to join me. I'll let you know nearer the time.

:)

I would've been up for it mate but unfortunately Morton's season doesn't end until the 9th of May this year (later than last year) while Carlisle's last game is on then 2nd of May (against Millwall at home which would've been an interesting one to go to).

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't you go to a game at Orient's ground (assuming it's in Leyton, which I've been to before and know is easy to get to), you could easily manage to do it in one day for less than £100.

id love to but id be on my own:(

a couple of my mates will come to carlisle but would come all the way to east london.

i dont really need to worry about doing it in one day in any case, we used to live down there so i could find an old family friends to crash at.

if we win the replay tonight i will prbably go to the next round

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Guest midTONs
id love to but id be on my own:(

a couple of my mates will come to carlisle but would come all the way to east london.

i dont really need to worry about doing it in one day in any case, we used to live down there so i could find an old family friends to crash at. :lol:

if we win the replay tonight i will prbably go to the next round

Firstly don't get to ahead of yourself leyTON, there is no replay tonight, it's a rearranged fixture :rolleyes:

Secondly if your team win tonight I'll pay for your ticket if you decide to go to the next round.

Guest midTONs
Firstly don't get to ahead of yourself leyTON, there is no replay tonight, it's a rearranged fixture :rolleyes:

Secondly if your team win tonight I'll pay for your ticket if you decide to go to the next round.

If there is something better than being sure of yourself it being right. :lol:

West Ham v. Barnsley, FA Cup 3rd January.

Some decent fitba from West Ham, Barnsley were woeful.

Cracking ground with some 'interesting' pubs in the vicinity as well...

None of the London teams that have got through have got home ties in the next round, so I think it might be a visit to Barnet instead - my new local team.

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

None of the London teams that have got through have got home ties in the next round, so I think it might be a visit to Barnet instead - my new local team.

Go to Leyton Orient, it's a lovely part of town...

edit... for a league game

Hmm.

Why do I think you may be being just a teensy weensy bit disingenuous there?

Moi, disingenuous? Never!

Was only winding up Leyton... only ever went from the Underground station to my cousin's friends flat round the corner... :lol:

You at the big hospital in Barnet? My Uncle died there. No fault of the medical team, I hasten to add. Orient play just round the corner from Leytonstone tube station, but its all been redeveloped since I used to go there.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Was only winding up Leyton... only ever went from the Underground station to my cousin's friends flat round the corner... :lol:

some of its quite nice!

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

I would've been up for it mate but unfortunately Morton's season doesn't end until the 9th of May this year (later than last year) while Carlisle's last game is on then 2nd of May (against Millwall at home which would've been an interesting one to go to).

Aye that's certainly one way of putting that fixture :lol:

I imagine that would be bedlam, Millwall's last away day of the season and Carlisle to boot.

Indeed, so unlike yerself :P

Don't know East London that well.

You at the big hospital in Barnet? My Uncle died there. No fault of the medical team, I hasten to add. Orient play just round the corner from Leytonstone tube station, but its all been redeveloped since I used to go there.

Nope... working in Central London, but am just a couple of stops away from Barnet on the Northern Line.

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Pretty sure the last game I was at not involving Morton or Scotland was that same Carlisle v Bournemouth game, nothing else springs to mind although I'll have the pleasure of seeing the mighty Blades at home to Doncaster on Tuesday with midTONs.

I'm planning on doing the same thing again towards the end of this season, you are more than welcome to join me. I'll let you know nearer the time.

On a related issue, whilst making plans for going to Sheffield I actually suggested to midTONs that we could try and pick one of the English play off semi finals and get a few of us along for a day out, preferrably to a ground none of us have been to like the day a few of us had at Carlisle last season.

I know a few are quite sad like myself in that they like being able to tick off grounds as having visited them.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Hearts v Aberdeen, was a very competitive game not helped by Charlie Richmond being Aberdeen's bitch...

I did get a few funny looks for booing Jose Quitongo making the half time draw, had to laugh at Gary Mackay giving Richmond credit for "being a rare referee willing to correct his linesman"... a possible nod to the Falkirk game last week when the linesman gave a corner instead of a stonewall penalty.

Theres probably loads more players that ended up in the senior game via the military, this could make a decent thread in itself, do you know of any others?

wasnt mcgraw in the army :unsure:

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Went to Man City v Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, 2-1 city. Newcastle were terrible.

Went to Leeds v Millwall last Monday.

Going to take in Bradford v Darlington or Burnley v Coventry this week....

Will be down south working again in a few weeks, got Man City v Aston Villa pencilled in for that week.

Archived