Last Match You Went To? - Page 7 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

only 1 game of this description, but it was naw bad :)

Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkausen,

Champions League Final 2002

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched Port Juniors get beat 2-0 by Maybole today. Wasn't great and leaves them in real relegation trouble. Former Ton player Gary Loughran started for the Port but didn't have the best of games was subbed early in the second half.

I couldn't find the Maybole squad to see if their no.15 was S Dogg's brother btw, surely has to be though :lol:

I really fancied that Ayr game last night, with all the history there is between the two clubs. Wish I'd said to you. On another note, i finally bought that Garrincha book I was telling you about.

Didn't realise man, just mentioned it to H the day before and he decided to take the motor down. The return is on Alba tomorrow, worth watching if first game was anything to go by. Enjoy the book :)

A couple of seasons ago our game was off and myself and quite a few other Ton fans took in St. Mirren v Airdrie.

Total gash, with the skunks just about deserving their 1-0 win.

BNP mob made to take down a Union flag (cos it was covering an exit sign, apparently).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That must have been dire, the EoS Premier League is dire, so can only imagine how bad the first division would be! :(

I went into it with high hopes cause I knew one of the guys playing for Stirling and he'd been bigging them up. It was really bad though. I mean Stranraer could have shown both teams up......it was that bad.

Bizzarely enough there were a lot of Gretna fans there. More than they used to bring to Cappielow! Stirling must be their idea of a great day out...

Rothesay Ton

Millwall v. Scunthorpe

No-one likes us, no-one likes us,

No-one likes us, we don't care

We are Millwall, super Millwall,

We are Millwall, from the Den :D

Cracking day out and cracking game of football (Millwall's first goal in particular - one of those when as soon as it's struck it's clear it's goal-bound and the keeper can do fck all about it)

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Who needs Setanta when you've got games like this on the other channel? Keith Alexander's opener for the Lions was a stunner (similar to Novo in the Cup Final yesterday and Gibson for Man Utd at Hull a few hours after this game), but what about that header miss from the right wing cross? Probably still having nightmares still as Scunny won 3-2 eventually. Memorable game.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Derry City v Glentoran (a testimonial for Derry's Peter Hutton) today. Derry won 2-0 and Tam McManus scored one of the goals.

I was surprised that the game was played in a friendly atmosphere considering this sort of fixture would have seen a lot of trouble in years gone by (Derry are a Catholic team from Derry / Londonderry who play in the Republic's Eircom league while Glentoran are a mainly Protestant team from East Belfast who play in the Northern Irish League).

I went to Derry City v Glentoran (a testimonial for Derry's Peter Hutton) today. Derry won 2-0 and Tam McManus scored one of the goals.

I was surprised that the game was played in a friendly atmosphere considering this sort of fixture would have seen a lot of trouble in years gone by (Derry are a Catholic team from Derry / Londonderry who play in the Republic's Eircom league while Glentoran are a mainly Protestant team from East Belfast who play in the Northern Irish League).

Portsmouth v Sunderland Portsmouth's last home game of the season. Boring first half great second. Sunderland score first Kenwyene Jones passing it into the net then somersaulting. Portsmouth go up the other end and score John Utaka. Utaka scores a second. Lastly an amazing counterattack ends in a goal from Armand Traore. Final Score 3-1 great atmosphere. The crowd were demanding in this meaninglesss game for Portsmouth for club legend Linvoy Primus to be brought on for the first time in two seasons. He was for around 5 mins Hreidersson putting the ball out on purpose to send him on. Massive standing ovation my ears were ringing afterwards. Treating every Primus touch like a goal!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Melbourne Victory vs Fulham at the half empty Etihad Stadium last night. Not much of a game, Fulham actually looked better when Andy Johnson and Zamora came off, and both their replacements scored (Nevland and Eddie Johnson). Very much a training game, and really comfortable for Fulham, who won 3-0.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

De Graafschap v VVV Venlo.

Venlo lost 4-0 :(

My mate's from Venlo and I saw them play Willem II two seasons ago. Great little stadium. Hoping to get to a game there this season. Last game I saw was Polonia Warszawa v Budocinsti Podgorica in Europa League.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Gave up at half time of the Ayr United v Unirea Urziceni game, it was no more than a warm up session never mind a friendly game for the Romanians.

Save some bloody woeful finishing it would have been about 4-0 at the break.

I assume that Petrescu would kick their arses at half time and there would be some goals, but I could be arsed hanging around in Ayr until quarter past ten to find out.

Gave up at half time of the Ayr United v Unirea Urziceni game, it was no more than a warm up session never mind a friendly game for the Romanians.

Save some bloody woeful finishing it would have been about 4-0 at the break.

I assume that Petrescu would kick their arses at half time and there would be some goals, but I could be arsed hanging around in Ayr until quarter past ten to find out.

The same Petrescu that played for Chelsea?

Archived