The Scotland Thread - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scotland Thread

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone hasn't seen it, here's an explanation of how the team prepared for the game

https://twitter.com/derekclarksport/status/1108769815253188608

Wild.

That's common place for squads travelling across the continent, as far as I know teams have done it for years.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That's common place for squads travelling across the continent, as far as I know teams have done it for years.

Don't see the problem with doing it but the guy making it out to be some amazing discovery while ranting like an excited school boy doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Don't see the problem with doing it but the guy making it out to be some amazing discovery while ranting like an excited school boy doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Aye, he looks like a cross between an easily excitable 10 year old schoolboy and a flat earther.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Aye, he looks like a cross between an easily excitable 10 year old schoolboy and a flat earther.

Aye, I don't really know how these things are dealt with, but like I said...when you've just been hammered by Kazhakastan and that's what gets rolled out in the aftermath it just makes the whole thing look even more shambolic.

AWMSC

Scotland's discovering sports science has been a disaster for the national game, because now we have a small army of these Jolly Boy John oddities skulking about with clipboards. They've Looked At The Data, and it turns out we're still shite. At least when Archie Knox and Ricky Sbagria were hurling medicine balls about we knew where we stood. Now we have Ecto Poindexter measuring out beakers and filling in spreadsheets while Andorra net their fifth.

EOho8Pw.png

I'll start this by stating that the last two performances were so far off of being acceptable, and that there's no way McLeish can continue in his job.

But.

At least he's delivered a play-off and topped the Nations League group with three wins (and three good performances) from four, which makes him more of a success than Strachan who failed miserably on two occasions.

If there had been a fraction of the criticism levelled at Strachan when he decided Craig Forsyth was a better option than Andy Robertson, and if he had been duly punted after his first failure, we might be a bit better off.

People complain about the "jobs for the boys" thing, but there's been no worse example than Strachan being allowed to fail twice without any criticism and even have people wanting him back.

AWMSC

If anyone is still in Rimini right now, WTF is this weather like? It has been glorious weather the past few days but just within the past hour or so it's like the place is getting turned over by a big storm, sunloungers and planters blowing all over the place, shop canopies blowing down, sand blowing up from the beach etc. I've never seen anything quite like this before.

*insert signature here*

Archived