Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Match Thread - Partick vs Morton (League Cup 14th November)

Only problem with the stream was the poor picture quality.

Commentary was ok, but not Ton TV standard, and agreed they couldn't  see why the second goal was disallowed. 

Good to see Lyon and Colville getting a run looked like they both need some game time.

• Downvote 3

29 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Only problem with the stream was the poor picture quality.

Commentary was ok, but not Ton TV standard, and agreed they couldn't  see why the second goal was disallowed. 

Good to see Lyon and Colville getting a run looked like they both need some game time.

Now that the cup is out of the way do we think we'll start to see a settled side? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

40 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Given our last league ended in a 5-0 drubbing I'd say 'no'. But even if we do go on an okay run I still expect us to rotate: that's the only way to keep the 27 squad players that we've assembled content. 

Couldn't give a toss about the result of this dead rubber game but a solid defensive performance again is a positive sign. It seems that the Raith game was more of an aberration on that front: it's the lack of quality up front that is going to be the real issue.

Spot on there. When we have our best players on, we look like a reasonable mid table team, and our defence is actually fairly decent, particularly with Fjortoft and Strapp in there. Our main weakness is that we have very little up front. At least Lyon and Colville got some game time so Blues may be displaced. I thought we looked better in midfield with the pair of them on the pitch but lack of a cutting edge cost us the win. Now we need to get back on track in the league which is what matters this season. BTW when was the last time Salkeld played and didn’t get booked? Seems to have a very short fuse. In fact as a team we give away far too many stupid niggly fouls, and that is racking up yellow cards. Discipline needs to improve a lot.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."