Sign in to follow this  
74GMFC

The Morton weekly podcast

My ‘meltdown’ was in response to many of the forums ‘blubbering meltdown’ reactions to the news of the podcast. I am happy to leave the ‘blubbering meltdowns’ to the forum experts like yourself and the other sceptics too. You are far better at those than me to be fair - I admit defeat!

^^^ word salad

Literally nobody was in the process of a meltdown until you stepped up to the plate just there champ.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Eh.... can you show me just one insult I threw at you? I'll save you the bother... there isn't one.

You Celtic fans love to play the victim and take offence at nothing, don't you?

:thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Have the first greenie on me, WeeMan.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Last thing I’ll say is - I don’t care for being one of the lads, my passion for Scottish football is more far reaching than just Celtic and that’s been shown over the years in many way to those who know me.

The way I see it with some fans unfortunately is that the club are damned if they do something different knowing then the moment they do they are damned for that also like I am in your book by being a Celtic man, a **** or whatever other insult you want to throw at me. You don’t care for my situation with my unique upbringing nor do I expect you to as It’s in doubt “just another taxi driver pish story” or some such in your mind that you’ll play to the crowd with on here. Enjoy your night mate!

What's this unique upbringing? Being a Celtic supporter with a connection to Inverclyde? Rare as hen's teeth, that.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

I seriously think that Morton supporters should adopt the Tartan Army c.y2k approach of telling others who claim to be Morton supporters but haven't been to a game in ages to fuck off as they aren't Morton supporters. There are no shortage of Greenockian's who claim to be supporters but haven't seen them since the days of Hannibal Hayes. Instead of trying to attract them back, they should be called out for not supporting their favourite club.

Edited by capitanus

Would rather have someone with the right equipment asking the right questions than a diehard recording through a plastic bag.

Good luck with it, if the content is good I'm sure 99% of people won't give a fuck what team the host supports.

• Downvote 1

Maybe if they'd given the diehard the right equipment in the first place, paid him appropriately and supported him in the job he was doing he might have been able to do it properly and wouldn't have gone onto pastures new.

Add that to the long list of failures on the media front from the club in the last decade.

• Downvote 1

Add that to the long list of failures on the media front from the club in the last decade.

That’s not how your original post came across, though. It came across as a swipe at the previous incumbent of the Media Officer’s position, in spite of his sterling efforts, which included extensive coverage of reserve games and interviews with them as well as the first team and putting his hand in his own pockets to buy equipment because the club wouldn’t support him.

You’re shifting the goalposts, here.

• Upvote 2

That’s not how your original post came across, though. It came across as a swipe at the previous incumbent of the Media Officer’s position, in spite of his sterling efforts, which included extensive coverage of reserve games and interviews with them as well as the first team and putting his hand in his own pockets to buy equipment because the club wouldn’t support him.

You’re shifting the goalposts, here.

It was a lighthearted dig at the interview from last week. In no way meant to belittle the efforts of the previous post holder, hadn't even entered my mind. He did a fantastic job especially considering he had the likes of Hawke to deal with.

• Downvote 1

I agree that being a competent host is far more important to the success of any club media content than being a true Morton fan, however you want to define that. It’s just a shame that the intended host made an utter arse of himself by dishing out a ‘unique’ (lol) ‘I had to support Celtic ‘cos my dad used to but youse are definitely my wee team now’ pitch towards his intended audience, while under no actual scrutiny at the time. Well I for one have no interest in being patronised in a (semi) official club capacity by someone whose supposed ‘big’ team, Balon d’Or candidate Virgil van Dijk in tow, lost to the worst Morton side in all recorded history in September 2013. Get in the sea.

A disinterested and professional host of a Morton podcast would be fine; this already badly ruffled chancer just doesn’t have what it takes.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It was a lighthearted dig at the interview from last week. In no way meant to belittle the efforts of the previous post holder, hadn't even entered my mind. He did a fantastic job especially considering he had the likes of Hawke to deal with.

So who’s the “asking the right questions” jibe at? The current incumbent?

You could have Geoff Shreeves asking the questions and they’d still be the same- that’s how club media works, at every other club as well as Morton. It’s designed to show the club in the best possible light, not put folk under scrutiny in front of a public audience.

The equipment isn’t his fault either, it’s the responsibility of the club. Pretty sure Hopkin isn’t expected to bring his own cones and footballs to training every morning.

Edited by Toby
  • Upvote 1

You could have Geoff Shreeves asking the questions and they’d still be the same- that’s how club media works, at every other club as well as Morton. It’s designed to show the club in the best possible light, not put folk under scrutiny in front of a public audience.

Yep, this is true as well. If this geezer puts his microphone on the table in front of Hopkin and MacKinnon and opens with a refined version of "what the fuck are yous two playing at" and takes it from there then fair enough, but we could run a rent-a-quote bingo on any interview featuring anybody from the club regardless of who it's with, which means there's no point in bringing in external parties.

AWMSC

So who’s the “asking the right questions” jibe at? The current incumbent?

The equipment isn’t his fault either, it’s the responsibility of the club. Pretty sure Hopkin isn’t expected to bring his attention own cones and footballs to training every morning.

It should, in theory, be easier for this podcast to ask more difficult questions than Ewan - who is paid directly by the club.

Again, the equipment, the sound bites, the handing it off to another person- that's all the fault of a club who doesn't take fan engagement seriously and has no media strategy.

I'm just hoping that with this new content we might have something worth listening to.

Trying desperately to get an angry young man on his side.

I've just watched the interviews with Hopkin and McAlister. They're very good, well produced and the sound is much better. If we can produce that standard consistently and get a sponsor on board then we'll be on the right track. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I've just listened to the podcast. Wake's affinity for Morton is clear and he makes it clear that he didn't want to leave but Grady wanted him out of the team. He also said he's never been approached for the Morton job but he'd be interested. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Huge fan of MacKinnon taking thinly veiled shots at Warren Hawke by mentioning that the club have a note of the dates we need to offer players contracts by to ensure we get the compensation we’re entitled to.

Between that and Hopkin’s comments on Tidser, which seemed to more or less amount to ‘he can fuck off if he thinks he can come crawling back now after turning us down in the summer’, I’m fully on board with this approach to podcasting. Have them pour scorn on a hate figure from recent years every show.

Do James Grady next, now we’ve got confirmation Wake wanted to stay but was forced out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I hope today’s podcast have shown that I am serious about working alongside the club to improve fan engagement and that despite initial criticism of myself that I do know my stuff on Morton and have a long held passion for the club. I know there are some who will never accept me or my content which is fair enough, I get it but hopefully they’ll give it a chance. 🔵⚪️

• Downvote 1