Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Montrose (20th January) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Montrose (20th January)

Winnable tie. They’re shite. We are better than last time we played them and it’s at home.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Very enjoyable victory with Motherwell fans meltdown to boot last time they were at Cappielow.

Kettlewell also prone to a Cappielow meltdown.

Plenty of ingredients for a potentially fun afternoon.

Trying to find the positives in facing that lot again. 

We actually haven't lost a home Scottish Cup tie since Celtic in 09/10, but then again we haven't played a top flight side at home since then either. The 11 ties v Premiership teams since have all been away.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Guess there's a possibility of a TV game but I doubt it.

Celtic and Rangers games a given

Airdrie v Hearts prob 3rd choice.

Aberdeen v Bonnyrigg or ICT v Hibs prob ahead of us so hopefully a 3pm ko and a big crowd.

• Upvote 1

A bit like groundhog day but looking at the positives - we are at home, our form is good, Motherwell are a shadow of the team in recent seasons and Dougie really does not like this opposition.

In itself unlikely to be a major money spinner but if we prevail there is money to be made.