Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (2nd January) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr United (2nd January)

3 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Got lo love Robbie's goal celebrations. Guy's becoming a true Ton legend.

I first noticed it in the video the club produced showing the first year under Imrie.  Robbie celebrates like a madman whether he is the scorer or not.   

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

24 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

I've obviously missed something here but why was Robbie's goal from a direct free kick in the first-half disallowed?

No goal was disallowed.  It went wide - hit off the pole behind the goal and went into the side net.

31 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

I've obviously missed something here but why was Robbie's goal from a direct free kick in the first-half disallowed?

Missing your specs, presumably.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

19 hours ago, port-ton said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Robbie now up to joint 4th in the top league scorers. 

Interestingly enough there's 24 players listed under the scorers tab and another 24 players listed under the assists tab and Muirhead is the only Morton player on either list, yet every week you hear the same fannies giving him pelters from the crowd or comments online saying he's lazy etc. Thankfully it's becoming less and less but even in first 10 mins yesterday you had the odd fan shouting abuse at him from the Cowshed when the crowd is quiet. 

We would be absolutely lost without him and he's going to have one of the greatest highlight reels of goals from a Morton player by the time he leaves us. 

Looking at his numbers, that's 30 goals he's scored under Imrie in just over 2 years. 85 appearances during that time with a few of them being sub appearances, particularly in Dougie's first season.

Don't think any of us would have predicted that kind of return going by his first couple of years with us. Huge credit to him for turning his career around and for the management team for getting the best out of him.

Hopefully contract extensions are on the table for him, Crawford, Mullen, Oakley and Wilson. Don't think they will be short of interest so would be great to sign them up ASAP 

11 hours ago, Madton said:

Looking at his numbers, that's 30 goals he's scored under Imrie in just over 2 years. 85 appearances during that time with a few of them being sub appearances, particularly in Dougie's first season.

Don't think any of us would have predicted that kind of return going by his first couple of years with us. Huge credit to him for turning his career around and for the management team for getting the best out of him.

Hopefully contract extensions are on the table for him, Crawford, Mullen, Oakley and Wilson. Don't think they will be short of interest so would be great to sign them up ASAP 

Not bad for a left-back!