Match Preview - Morton vs Kelty Hearts (14th October) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview - Morton vs Kelty Hearts (14th October)

Admin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson better than Strapp? FFS, you really post some shite on here.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Quite apart from the utter tedium of this argument in general, I'm still oblivious to why people are talking about Lewis Strapp in the context of comparisons to whoever is playing at right back every week. Strapp has never played there and has no right foot, stop it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I think you misinterpreted the point he was trying to make, and actually just agreed with him, as stupid as his posts were.

I’ve tried getting my point across rationally but it doesn’t seem to work on here. So I tried a slightly different approach to try and get a reaction. I feel Dougie’s done a great job in general, but he’s shown serious blind spots in certain aspects of his chosen first picks. I keep saying the same phrase or version of it when things get difficult or someone has the temerity to question Dougie’s methods in the mildest fashion - “in Dougie we trust” or something along those lines. By fans’ very need to post that they’re demonstrating that as as something might be wrong then we better all just default to a “trust Dougie” mentality. I have to admit that frustrates me quite a bit as it strangled the life out of the right to freedom of speech on our fans’ forum, which I naively thought was the reason it existed in the first place.

Just now, DreamOakTree said:

I’ve tried getting my point across rationally but it doesn’t seem to work on here. So I tried a slightly different approach to try and get a reaction. I feel Dougie’s done a great job in general, but he’s shown serious blind spots in certain aspects of his chosen first picks. I keep saying the same phrase or version of it when things get difficult or someone has the temerity to question Dougie’s methods in the mildest fashion - “in Dougie we trust” or something along those lines. By fans’ very need to post that they’re demonstrating that as as something might be wrong then we better all just default to a “trust Dougie” mentality. I have to admit that frustrates me quite a bit as it strangled the life out of the right to freedom of speech on our fans’ forum, which I naively thought was the reason it existed in the first place.

I meant “I keep seeing” rather than “I keep saying”

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

You make it even less likely that anyone will listen or discuss your points though when you continue to post daft comparisons like Strapp vs right backs or midfielders.

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac5628

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived