Mcgregor's New Deal - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mcgregor's New Deal

Benny Boy

giving McGregor a 3.5 year deal aint a bad move he aint gonna be anywhere near top earners so and a decent squad member play in a number of roles and if the worst scenario we aint in 1st Div within 2 season can build team round lower earners like him

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly he is, he has been waging a campaign against McGregor for a couple of seasons now.

Totally pointless thread from a totally pointless poster.

He's not "waging a war" - he's just pointing out that McGregor is an average footballer.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Has Dougie Rae lost the plot dishing out a 3-and-a-half year deal to a guy who struggles to even be average?

Gretna have a squad equipped to win the 2nd Division. Next year they will replace that with players who can conquer the 1st Division.

Meanwhile, we are handing out a lengthy deal to a player who was out of his depth in the 3rd Division.

What the f*** is going on?

s***e and you know it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

He's not "waging a war" - he's just pointing out that McGregor is an average footballer.

Correct. He's not waging a war but he's not JUST pointing out that McGregor is an average footballer, he is clearly under estimating McGregor and having a dig at Dougie for iving him a 3.5 year contract extension.

C'mon mate, you were about as big a fan of McGregor as Benny Boy is not so long ago, same as me.

:)

Yep - and at the time he was not playing particularly well (in the wrong position for starters, but only you and I could see it).

Now he's a revelation and worth keeping. :)

Post's like Benny's are hard to fathom and unnecessary.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Benny's post is way over the top, and the timing as said is terrible, but I have to agree that McGregor is a little overrated if you ask me.

I still think we need a left back, and David can be great for us if utilised properly.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

benny just a pity that xmas is finished because you obviously did not get what you wished for. 1 a brain 2 a set of eyes 3 any sense what so ever. McGregor is a good young player who is just back from a serious injury and has done well sinse his return, ok , he's made mistakes but there are players who have played more who continue to make silly mistakes. He has time and age on his side.

Tomorrow will be a major turning point in our season ie we win and Gretna bottle it and we win the league.Picture_220.gif

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I'm not quite lost for words. In case your interest the people who matter at our club are and they cannot come on here and challenge this s***e.

One of our best young players whom I've watched for years gets rewarded with a contract. And some arsehole who wouldn't recognise s***e if he stepped on it comes on here and criticises the player, the manager and the chairman before one of the most important games in the clubs recent history.

f*** off son and go play in front of the cars on the motorway and give us all a rest.

Call yourself a fan? I'd be ashamed to call myself a fan and post that crap. Away up and watch the evil twins and give us a rest, wanker!!!

What he said!

Specially the bit about the cars :D

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

What he said!

Specially the bit about the cars :D

agree but think he should go play on the railway line instead of with the cars as i wouldnt like to ask someone to go and clear that pile of sh..e of the road, mcgregor has only come back into the team this season after injury and will be a good asset for the club, i dont care what kind of deal he has got as thats the managers decision and if hes good enough for macinally thats good enough for me, so benny please check the times of the trains

morris stevenson morton legend

OK Benny Boy

So you wanted a reaction well you've got one !!

You're a F**king anal piece who I want to knock F**k out of for being such a negative person, on the eve of such a crucial game, born to unmarried parents at birth !! Which also makes you a complete F**king BarSteward !!

I rest my case as you're probably another poster in disguise !!

:lol: :angry: :angry: :D

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

OK Benny Boy

You're a F**king anal piece who I want to knock F**k out of for being such a negative person, on the eve of such a crucial game, born to unmarried parents at birth !! Which also makes you a complete F**king BarSteward !!

Never post after a night on the sauce, Jim! :lol:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

OK Benny Boy

:lol:

Uh oh.

Enjoy reading this when the hangover has cured, mate. :rolleyes:

Do you think MacGregor would have survived about 5 or 6 managers since he came to the club if he didn't have a bit of quality about him.

See that's the thing, whatever you think about the guy McGregor is a footballer. He's not a punt up the park merchant, he's got that bit about him that let's him keep it calm and find a pass.

People talk about McInally's 3 phase/zone training putting a stop to Morton lumping it up the park, that's bulls***. The fact that it's coincided with getting a guy back who can actually control a ball and find a pass has been glossed over by the boo boys. Linking play from defence to midfield was always McGregors strength, whether you liked him as a centre back or not.

There's an element of the Morton support that have no idea what makes a decent player, Benny boy has obviously been elected chief spokeswank.

What do the people in here that put down McGregor, Harding and Greacen want?

This is the SCOTTISH SECOND DIVISION FOLKS, Maldini, Terry, Campbell and Cole aint exactly interested. How's about stop kidding yourseves on and admit you have no clue in what you want in a defender.

Harding and Greacen get slagged despite the fact that for the second half of last season we had the meanest defence in the league, and for the whole of this season we're not far away.

Dillon was a HUGE part of that defence yet is written off. The guy gets no credit for the considerable contribution he made to Morton last season. Sean Dillon approached Morton, not the other way round so the s***e about being to good to be here doesn't wash.

Weathersons been getting it for not being able to pass. Whit? Show me anyone in this league that can pass the way this guy does.

McCallister was written off as useless, any apologies from Salty et al?

The worst yet was sitting in the stand at Dumbarton last week listening to Gonet being called a useless cnut. Fck me gently. There was a time where we supported young players who were thrown into the first team despite not being ready.

We know Gonets not supposed to be the regular keeper, but how about some credit for keeping 3 clean sheets when he was thrown in at the deep end? How about actually boosting his confidence in the hope that it helps his performance?

And why are we in such a rush to write off our own players? Is it that the high turnover of players during the last few years means people have forgotten what it's like to have a settled squad?

The saddest bit is that the same people that bleat about McGregor, Harding and McCallister will still talk up s***e like Bannerman, Henderson and Gaughan. Three absolute journeymen who were lucky to ever be associated with a club like the Ton as their careers since leaving will prove.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Don't see the problem with the timing of the post - the contract was only announced the other day, so I don't see the problem with discussing it now, rather than in a few weeks. And people should stop kidding themselves that a "negative" post on here will actually make a difference to the team - if it does, well the players involved need to take a long hard look at themselves before we start questioning the timing of posts.

Anyway...I think MacGregor is a decent enough full back, and could maybe be a really good midfielder, but a 3 and a half year deal for him seems way over the top to be honest. Maybe a year extension to see how he goes, but to have him here until 2008 is a bit of a gamble, I can't really see him competeing at the top end of the 1st Division.

I would be delighted to see him doing well though, he's had a terrible time with injuries and so on and is by all accounts a great professional, so best of luck to him.

PS - Still a nightmare of a centre back though!

Weathersons been getting it for not being able to pass. Whit? Show me anyone in this league that can pass the way this guy does.

Agree with everything u said m8 apart from Weatherson being a good passer of the ball. Time again he looks for the glory ball 50yard pass and more often than not fails. Time and again he ignores an easy pass to our right midfielder ie. Finlayson. And i for 1 would hate to have to play in front of him when he's at right back.

But at the same time although im critical of his passing, He has been 1 of our most consistant players over the last 2 seasons.

Just wish he'd look for the easier pass more

In McGreagors case well done to the boy, not every 1s cup of tea but he's a guy who gives the team/club 100 percent.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Live Sports - MyP2P

Check the Forum for Baseball Listings as MLB is no longer aloud on Sopcast

Archived