Morton Shares For Sale - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Shares For Sale

Or at least selling the debt that GC turns into shares? Or something like that? I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

I think if new shares had been created (ie with a view to then selling those new shares to clear the debt) then the other shareholders would know about it (and would have had to vote on it).  Otherwise the value of their share-holding could be diluted without them even knowing about.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if new shares had been created (ie with a view to then selling those new shares to clear the debt) then the other shareholders would know about it (and would have had to vote on it).  Otherwise the value of their share-holding could be diluted without them even knowing about.

Possibly. Other thing it could be is the Raes taking personal ownership of the shares from Golden Casket which is wiping out the clubs debts to a company? Could also be the Eadales - it all seems a bit vague!

Is there any company law that says shares being sold must be advertised publicly? Maybe this is just a tick in a box for transferring ownership and whatever is going to happen is already planned out.

Possibly. Other thing it could be is the Raes taking personal ownership of the shares from Golden Casket which is wiping out the clubs debts to a company? Could also be the Eadales - it all seems a bit vague!

Is there any company law that says shares being sold must be advertised publicly? Maybe this is just a tick in a box for transferring ownership and whatever is going to happen is already planned out.

Don't claim any particular expertise, but think it depends on whether its a private or public limited company?  I did wonder if it was a tick-box exercise, but (1) the advert seems too prominent for that - why not tuck it away in the classified ads, and (2) there would be no need to make a point like it offering a opportunity for a significant role - it would just say "substantial share-holding for sale" or something?

If Rae was selling to the Easdales (or anyone else for that matter) surely he'd just pick up the phone.

Strictly speaking not sure the Easdales could buy until they dispose of their Sevco shares?  And  that might be easier said than done, if I was Dave King I'd not be spending money buying out minority Sevco share-holders unless I had to.

Historically an ad in the Tele has been a common method for folk to sell on their shares.

Yes - in the 1950s. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Surely just a case of one (Easdales) taking on the others shares at Sevco which frees up one to take up shares with us?

They operate as a unit obviously so all the individual nonsense is nothing more than a technicality really.

There's an advert on Page 3 of today's Telegraph announcing that a large quantity of Morton shares is available for sale , and asking anyone interesting in purchasing, and playing a significant role in taking the club forward over the next few years, to contact the club for a confidential discussion.

Was the advert placed by a Mr. Banana?

I assume TID is suggesting that certain bus company owners might not be welcome at Ibrox anymore and might have some wanting to invest at Cappielow now, maybe the public advert is a signal of Dougies intention of selling...

One of the brothers of certain bus company was also in the 'Tele same day as Morton shares ad stating they wanted to 'double' the size of their operation in 5 years.

One of the brothers of certain bus company was also in the 'Tele same day as Morton shares ad stating they wanted to 'double' the size of their operation in 5 years.

....and today Mr. Duffy and the boys roll back into town.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/articles/2015/06/25/537234-zippos-circus-rolls-into-greenock-bringing-a-host-of-daredevil-performers/

Maybe people not realising this but, Easdales are not Morton fans and when they invest in a business they expect a return. Morton are running at 300k loss a season, have a crumbling wreak of a stadium and a non existent commercial function with very little income being generated.

What "return" did they expect to receive on the signing of Colin McMenamin? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe people not realising this but, Easdales are not Morton fans and when they invest in a business they expect a return. Morton are running at 300k loss a season, have a crumbling wreak of a stadium and a non existent commercial function with very little income being generated.

....and John Wilson still has shares in this commercial disaster?

I'm not entirely clear who actually owns the shares in Morton. Morton is generally described as a subsidiary of Golden Casket - in this case, surely the shares controlled by the Raes are actually owned by GC and it is simply the fact that the Raes have control of GC that gives them control over Morton?

Or do the Raes have personal share-holdings in addition to the shares held by GC? I've never seen the accounts for either Morton or GC but had always assumed that Morton's finances were consolidated into GC which I think would mean that at least 51% of the shares were owned by GC.

image.jpg

TRUST THE DUFF

Why?

Without writing paragraphs of reasons why (because there are literally loads), they are local business men with a proven track record of making their businesses work and work very well. Take McGills as an example..

They're probably the only credible local people that could realistically take the club forward.  

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Without writing paragraphs of reasons why (because there are literally loads), they are local business men with a proven track record of making their businesses work and work very well. Take McGills as an example..

They're probably the only credible local people that could realistically take the club forward.

Or Golden Casket as an example...

Or Golden Casket as an example...

Can't really argue with that, as it is a very successful business. 

The question that needs answered, though, is where has it all gone wrong at Morton - who is pretty much run by the same people that run GK. 

We are a complete farce for the majority of the time and continually squander money year on year. Where does it stop?

Where does the fresh investment / fresh ideas come from (certainly not Douglas or Crawford). I'd like to think that Warren will be a massive success at Morton, but for that to happen Dougie either needs to take a step back and let him do his thing, or sell the club entirely - allowing Warren to blossom under owners who actually know how to turn this mess around. 

Time to weed out the 'Yes' men at Cappielow; starting with the useless CEO.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived