Have You Been In Every Pub In Greenock At Some Point? - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Have You Been In Every Pub In Greenock At Some Point?

standman

Has anyone been in every pub in Greenock at some point?

Are there any you haven't been in ir wouldn't go in?

I've never been in the Carnock, The Lighthouse, the Broomhill, The Lyndoch, the Hole in the Wall or the one in Pennyfern without any windows.

Am I missing out?!!

Let's rock !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like you, no. Never been in the Broomhill or the Black Cat. Also a few of the old ones that have now disappeared ( Ladyburn although lived next door, and the Oban are 2 that come to mind).

I've never been in the Carnock, The Lighthouse, the Broomhill, The Lyndoch, the Hole in the Wall or the one in Pennyfern without any windows.

Am I missing out?!!

Which one is that ?

Am I missing out?!!

The Carnock is a bit too family oriented for my liking, everyone stares at you if you even say a mild swearword.  I don't like the fancy designer beers either.

The Cloch Lighthouse is actually in Gourock, not sure if it's a bar either.

I haven't been in the Broomhill since Jasper Carrot bought it, but I hear it's not bad.

Not been in the Lynedoch ever, though someone once told that it's a false frontage constructed as an art project and not a real bar at all.

The one in Pennyfern is actually a house, but there are usually beers in the fridge.

wl545_the_shining_c_aaa.jpg

Of course I'm happy

I know for a fact I've been in every pub in Inverclyde, never mind Greenock. An army pal and me were home on leave together and made it our mission to have a pint in every pub over two weeks. The only one we never  made was the Wallace bar, we were too scared! We went from kilmacolm to skelmorlie, even though skelmorlies not inverclyde!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

I know for a fact I've been in every pub in Inverclyde, never mind Greenock. An army pal and me were home on leave together and made it our mission to have a pint in every pub over two weeks. The only one we never  made was the Wallace bar, we were too scared! We went from kilmacolm to skelmorlie, even though skelmorlies not inverclyde!

The Wallace, a quality establishment, first time I'd ever been in there, was a Sunday morning at 8 am after it had been broken into, they'd jacked the roof up using hydraulic jacks knocked from the shipyards!

Most of the pubs I remember are either gone or renamed. Was the Para Handy the one across from where McDonalds is now? Remember going to the Oban after a night shift, classy joint, glasses of Eldorado lined up on the bar. Before I moved away from Greenock my local was 'The Hole in The Wa'.

Moved down to Largs and drank in The Clachan, I think that's called something else now.

Don't drink anymore, my body is a temple.  :bag:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived