Riverside Inverclyde - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Riverside Inverclyde

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headlines can often be misleading and deliberately sensationalise. However, in this case, it certainly is not. What an appalling performance review. It would appear that on every metric they have failed apart from awarding juicy salaries to staff that are obviously not up to the task (an implementation manager… :blink: ). To get 1% private sector investment against planned is laughable. It is quite unbelievable that Inverclyde regeneration can remain to be placed in the hands of these amateurs.

The people of Inverclyde need to start holding these wasters to task and scrutinise the "use" of funds.

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

Fantastic effort, just shy of the target job creation, house building and only have to make up 99% of the private investment promised but at least we got a couple of Andy Scott Sculptures out of it, may as well give them the rest to blow on four jobs in Poundland.

If it takes 60 million to get that meagre change it begs the question how much investment would be needed to make the area vibrant. It is transparent that any review was too late and a more stringent control should have taken place. It speaks volume of not just the gross incompetance of RI but those who should have monitored their progress. I'd like to hear where the council regeneration and redevelopment guy thinks where RI have been successful.

Id much rather they brought in a proper chief exec to run this like a private business , too many councillors involved in these high budget projects , what experience do these councillors have in regeneration or job creation . Pay decent money and bring in an expert from the private sector and Im sure we would not wast anywhere near as much money

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Id much rather they brought in a proper chief exec to run this like a private business , too many councillors involved in these high budget projects , what experience do these councillors have in regeneration or job creation . Pay decent money and bring in an expert from the private sector and Im sure we would not wast anywhere near as much money

Looking at your post, then your sig, rather mixed up young chap lol

Latest piece from the Herald, apparently Riverside Inverclyde purchased the James Watt Dock for 10m pounds which was recently valued at -6m pounds (yes, that's a minus). Has the local rag reported anything on this?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-ne...othing.21624846

Good article and continued coverage in the Herald no doubt the Tele will be doing a full expose.

Great how some can still defend the performances of RI but the organisation themselves won't comment.

They pinned the regen. on the tall ships event which was badly implimented, despite the money spent on the Sugarsheds there was very little evidence of any visible modernisation.

Again the plan was a well travelled path that was build on the property boom but the failure to readdress those plans after the banking crisis and subsequent recession shows unbelievable niavety.

Even if we overlook the Sugarsheds as a wasted investment but there are still glaring criticisms of the organisation with the shortfalls in job creation, housing and private investment, these issues were raised yet no action seems to have taken place.

the ships wont be back after the nick of the site in 2011 :(

Your right there and given the time and money I think most locals were shellshocked to see so little redevelopment to the site. The thing was a shambles by that I mean the basic infrastructure walkways for the site given the same consideration as the entrance. Despite the insistence the thing was a success the negative responses from visitors told a very different experience.

Your right there and given the time and money I think most locals were shellshocked to see so little redevelopment to the site. The thing was a shambles by that I mean the basic infrastructure walkways for the site given the same consideration as the entrance. Despite the insistence the thing was a success the negative responses from visitors told a very different experience.

Allegedly a panic meeting took place after the first day to try sort the mess out.

Never mind Lulu entertained us...

C'mon man, when I go down digging bait at the old training centre I definitely need a duel carriageway and massive roundabout to cope with the rush of my fellow bait diggers. Could you image the anger if we couldn't make it in time, pitch forks at the ready.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

So could this mean they are not buying the car park after all? :rolleyes:

They could have wasted some their money building us a new community stadium. It would have done more long term good for Inverclyde than anything they have done so far. And cost less money!

Archived