Spl2 Coming? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spl2 Coming?

Madton

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they do and DDR says yes, will you be for or against it ? even if it is the difference between Morton going part-time or full time ?

I have already stated quite unambiguously that I believe Morton will be full time next season irrespective of change or otherwise.

I think we have no choice but to be a part of this. I cannot see any further reconstruction happening in the next couple of seasons and when Sevco make the SPL then there will be no desire for change from the top league. Hopefully if this goes ahead then we will get some money redistribution which will make full time football in the second league sustainable and this should make for a more competitive Scottish game at the top level in the long run.

It is essential though that there is at least one automatic promotion/relegation place and one promotion/relegation playoff (preferably two straight promotion/relegation places) between SPL and Championship and the same between the Championship and the new SFL1.

I have limited sympathy for the remaining SFL clubs as they are the biggest self preservers of all in Scottish football, but it is important that any harm caused to them by this change is limited as much as possible for the sake of the game.

Mon the Ton

If this goes though then it's bye bye from me.

Everything that's been wrong with scottish football for the last 10-15 years has come from the the SPL, now we want to expand it ?

You couldn't make this shit up !!!

The future just ain't what it used to be

Make it interesting, look at how the leagues were set up the year we won the Scottish Cup, there were 42 league sides that year as well.

Interesting that eight of them are no longer in the league.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

I make it 13. Three in the top flight and half of the bottom.

I make it 15. Four in 1st Div and Eleven in 2nd Div.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Third Lanark, Airdrie and Clydebank. Rangers are still in existence in the Scottish League.

Dundee Hibernian are Dundee United.

I'll give you Dundee Hibs but Rangers, no chance. :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

If this goes though then it's bye bye from me.

Everything that's been wrong with scottish football for the last 10-15 years has come from the the SPL, now we want to expand it ?

You couldn't make this shit up !!!

Mind yer arse on the way out.

Normally I'd have been dead against this but as we've a pitiful fanbase these days I'm afraid this move's the only way we can sustain full time football.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Mind yer arse on the way out.

Normally I'd have been dead against this but as we've a pitiful fanbase these days I'm afraid this move's the only way we can sustain full time football.

The SPL has been a total failure.

And now we want to join their club.

Really, really hacked off by this.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The SPL has been a total failure.

And now we want to join their club.

Really, really hacked off by this.

I agree but we've little choice unless we want to be left behind with the Ayr Utds of this world.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I think we have no choice but to be a part of this. I cannot see any further reconstruction happening in the next couple of seasons and when Sevco make the SPL then there will be no desire for change from the top league. Hopefully if this goes ahead then we will get some money redistribution which will make full time football in the second league sustainable and this should make for a more competitive Scottish game at the top level in the long run.

It is essential though that there is at least one automatic promotion/relegation place and one promotion/relegation playoff (preferably two straight promotion/relegation places) between SPL and Championship and the same between the Championship and the new SFL1.

I have limited sympathy for the remaining SFL clubs as they are the biggest self preservers of all in Scottish football, but it is important that any harm caused to them by this change is limited as much as possible for the sake of the game.

Pretty much my feelings exactly!

I agree but we've little choice unless we want to be left behind with the Ayr Utds of this world.

The very clubs who would block every future move we try to make if the SPL turn round and tell the 10 to GTF.

Not even going to bother with the same type of email I sent DDFR last season regarding the catapulting of Sevco and it's effect on my future support of the club. This is completely unethical and if it goes ahead I really don't know if I can be bothered any more.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The very clubs who would block every future move we try to make if the SPL turn round and tell the 10 to GTF.

Not even going to bother with the same type of email I sent DDFR last season regarding the catapulting of Sevco and it's effect on my future support of the club. This is completely unethical and if it goes ahead I really don't know if I can be bothered any more.

The alternative is part time football though and the football wilderness. Is this your preference mate? If it is then I respect your stance and fair play to you but I couldn't stomach the seaside leagues as the norm.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

As I said on a previous SPL2 post,

"SPL2 Might happen. Though not the right result for Scottish football, it MAY keep the first division clubs full time for a bit longer.

The SPL has F****d Scottish football - The clubs that formed it thought it was going to make them rich, and bugger everybody else. This notion has collapsed, nobody really cares about the SPL, there is no competition for the title except between the bigot brothers - no competition at all since sevco joined the Third. The main competition is now who has got the most money to piss against the wall. There is no TV or sponsor interest in games in the SPL outside games involving the Old Firm. A lot of SPL clubs will go to the wall - they have spent millions in the mistaken belief that the SPL will match the English Premier League model.

As you will have gathered, I am pis*ed off with the whole situation. "

Archived