Spl2 Coming? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Spl2 Coming?

Madton

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a huge mistake if you ask me , there always strength in numbers and we should stick with the sfl , i always thought 3 years notice was required to resign too maybe i'm mistaken .

when you look at the self interest in the SPL and the lack of any sort of integrity its not a product you really want associated with .

why is it a huge mistake we are being threatened with Part time football! so its time for a change and ive not been dougie rae's biggest fan but this is a smart move as it ensures the club and other clubs security for a number of seasons

why is it a huge mistake we are being threatened with Part time football! so its time for a change and ive not been dougie rae's biggest fan but this is a smart move as it ensures the club and other clubs security for a number of seasons

It's a short term fix in joining an organisation that has been consistent in it's failures over the years.

I think this is a huge mistake if you ask me , there always strength in numbers and we should stick with the sfl , i always thought 3 years notice was required to resign too maybe i'm mistaken .

when you look at the self interest in the SPL and the lack of any sort of integrity its not a product you really want associated with .

SPL = 22 teams

SFL = 20 teams

Time to look after number 1.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The closed shop mentality of the SPL owes a lot to the impoverished state of the game at SFL1-3, and I believe the SPL will become stronger as the league below it becomes stronger.

If we were starting Scottish football from scratch today, we'd be looking to accommodate no more than 20 teams. For the greater good of the game it's right that these clubs dictate their own affairs. Self preservation in the lower leagues is rife, while they don't take a lot out of the game financially, their influence (voting eligibility) outweighs their contribution to the viability of sides like Morton.

its better than having next to no money and it would probably secure our full time status coz if we go part time say goodbye to the majority of that team

For a year or two as football in Scotland continues to get worse. The SPL is an organisation built to protect a select few and has never had footballs best interests at heart.

I'd much rather see one body across the game with a pyramid structure brought in along with rules to make the game better for everyone such as salary caps, realistic ticketing prices, etc. As I said in the other thread this is probably the worst option out of all of them.

For a year or two as football in Scotland continues to get worse. The SPL is an organisation built to protect a select few and has never had footballs best interests at heart.

I'd much rather see one body across the game with a pyramid structure brought in along with rules to make the game better for everyone such as salary caps, realistic ticketing prices, etc. As I said in the other thread this is probably the worst option out of all of them.

I interpret that as never had Montrose, Alloa, Peterhead, Elgin, Annan..etc best interests at heart. And why would it?

Are Man Utd concerned about Barnet's wellfare?

I interpret that as never had Montrose, Alloa, Peterhead, Elgin, Annan..etc best interests at heart. And why would it?

Are Man Utd concerned about Barnet's wellfare?

No they have never had anyone apart from a select few anywhere near their list of priorities - see limited promotion, irrelevant stadium criteria, not listening to fans, etc as evidence of this. The organisation as a whole has been poor since day one and the mess they have made of reconstruction has only made it less appealing to join.

Scottish football needs a fresh start and joining probably the worst of the three main bodies isn't going to do that.

I'd be against this if it was designed, via complex rules, to be obstructive to SLF2/3 clubs to gain promotion into an SPL2, as it merely moves the closed shop mentality down a league.

The hint that Rangers would be brought in via invite will do nothing for any positive PR clubs would hope to get from this. There's no reason why this breakaway can't go ahead with the leagues setup as they would be next season, with all promotion and relegation as it stands.

Rangers have consistently banged on about their wish to earn their place by promotion through the leagues. I'd be surprised if Rangers aren't in whatever the 3rd tier of Scottish football is next season.

I'd be against this if it was designed, via complex rules, to be obstructive to SLF2/3 clubs to gain promotion into an SPL2, as it merely moves the closed shop mentality down a league.

The hint that Rangers would be brought in via invite will do nothing for any positive PR clubs would hope to get from this. There's no reason why this breakaway can't go ahead with the leagues setup as they would be next season, with all promotion and relegation as it stands.

Rangers have consistently banged on about their wish to earn their place by promotion through the leagues. I'd be surprised if Rangers aren't in whatever the 3rd tier of Scottish football is next season.

No they have never had anyone apart from a select few anywhere near their list of priorities - see limited promotion, irrelevant stadium criteria, not listening to fans, etc as evidence of this. The organisation as a whole has been poor since day one and the mess they have made of reconstruction has only made it less appealing to join.

Scottish football needs a fresh start and joining probably the worst of the three main bodies isn't going to do that.

But who do sponsors and television companies view as the most important of the three main bodies?

Is the SFL a better organisation than the SPL?

No.

Simple.

Has the SFL created a bigger gap between the OF and the rest for season after season? Have they forced teams into debt with ridiculous stadium criteria? Have they effectively ruined the top half of any league below because of a refusal to move from one relegation place? Have they run on the basis of an 11-1 voting structure to protect two teams? The problem with the SFL is the lack of money in it and that is something else caused by the SPL.

How anyone can think the SPL is a suitable organisation to run Scottish football is beyond me.

But who do sponsors and television companies view as the most important of the three main bodies?

They will always go with the top league no matter what though - it's not the organisation or people that run it that matter so they can't be heralded as some sort of great organisation just because they can command the most interest from TV and sponsors.

The fact they have been a closed shop and probably the main reason why Scottish football has went downhill in the last 10 years (effectively since they came in) is surely a more important factor in this.

They will always go with the top league no matter what though - it's not the organisation or people that run it that matter so they can't be heralded as some sort of great organisation just because they can command the most interest from TV and sponsors.

The fact they have been a closed shop and probably the main reason why Scottish football has went downhill in the last 10 years (effectively since they came in) is surely a more important factor in this.

Fair point.

But, the 'SPL' are the clubs. The decisions are made by the clubs, so any cow-towing to the Old Firm was done by clubs with their own interests first. As Morton and others are doing now.

Archived