Events/gigs Of 2011 - Page 6 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Events/gigs Of 2011

xj2006

Bought an Arctic Monkeys ticket the other night while under the influence... not sure whether to go or not, they're not very good.

Don't. Complete and utter waste of your time and money as a live act, they never were that good, but the more mediocre songs they release, the worse they get.

AWMSC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and Theresa have also got tix for Polly Jean - same day as the Hamilton game in The Mickey Mouse Cup - can't wait! Planning to go to The Naked and Famous (brilliant new New Zealand band) in the ABC (15th Nov.) and maybe the Bunnymen's 'Ocean Rain' night @ the RCH and British Sea Power (Arches). Wanted to go to Death In Vegas @ King Tut's, but it sold out right away..... :angry:

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

Me and Theresa have also got tix for Polly Jean - same day as the Hamilton game in The Mickey Mouse Cup - can't wait! Planning to go to The Naked and Famous (brilliant new New Zealand band) in the ABC (15th Nov.) and maybe the Bunnymen's 'Ocean Rain' night @ the RCH and British Sea Power (Arches). Wanted to go to Death In Vegas @ King Tut's, but it sold out right away..... :angry:

When is it? I've been keeping a wee eye out for a Glasgow date, haven't seen anything about it though. BSP are a fantastic band, the new album's a good 'un too :)

AWMSC

When is it? I've been keeping a wee eye out for a Glasgow date, haven't seen anything about it though. BSP are a fantastic band, the new album's a good 'un too :)

SUNDAY 13TH NOVEMBER, @ The Arches, right underneath the station!....

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

According to the Arches website, KT Tunstall is playing that night... :unsure:

Yr Right - don't know where I got the info from to put it in my diary, but they're def NOT playing The Arches or anywhere else in Glasgow soon... sorry for the mis-info!

Finally got round to getting Cast tickets for the Picture House in Edinburgh on Friday 26th August.

I decided not to go in the end, couldn't swing it. Enjoy, give us a wee review when your back! :)

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I decided not to go in the end, couldn't swing it. Enjoy, give us a wee review when your back! :)

You missed a fantastic gig, John Power was on top form. I haven't seen them live since they supported Oasis in 1996, but will "Defo" go to see them the next time they play in Scotland.

Highlights were, Sandstorm, Walk Away, Guiding Star, Free Me, well basically everything, even the new stuff. Finished with Alright and should've really had that as the last song of the encore as the crowd were buzzing by then.

You missed a fantastic gig, John Power was on top form. I haven't seen them live since they supported Oasis in 1996, but will "Defo" go to see them the next time they play in Scotland.

Highlights were, Sandstorm, Walk Away, Guiding Star, Free Me, well basically everything, even the new stuff. Finished with Alright and should've really had that as the last song of the encore as the crowd were buzzing by then.

Thought I might. I'll get my chance at some point I guess, Suede too. Be worth the wait by sounds of it. Glad they were on form.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Roger Waters The Wall Live at the MEN in June.

So did you go and how was it? I have been playing the Wall live from Earls Court Cd in the car recently. Recorded from 1981 I think, great stuff.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

This Thursday @ The Cafe Continental in Gourock: Chris Deveney (from the very wonderful My Latest Novel), supporting Brown Bear & The Bandits, Largs band who were just sensational when they played in The Sugar Shed at Tall Ships.... can't wait, not to be missed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Got tickets for PJ Harvey at the Royal Concert Hall and Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells at Paisley Arts Centre.

Lucky bas!!!!! Would love to go to that!!! :(

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

Archived