Game Off - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Game Off

pink_panther

Cheers for the update PP. Well it gives me time to get my crimbo pressy shopping finished I suppose.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Once found out as we turned in to Palmerston!

Boxing Day 2001?

We were leaving the pub and heading to the ground at 2.15pm, only to be told that it was off. We had earlier phoned Palmerston at 1pm (from pretty much outside the ground) and were told that game was definitely on.

An early case of Forfar's local referee?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Boxing Day 2001?

We were leaving the pub and heading to the ground at 2.15pm, only to be told that it was off. We had earlier phoned Palmerston at 1pm (from pretty much outside the ground) and were told that game was definitely on.

I think that might have been the day we played the QoS supporters and beat them before going to Palmerston only to be told the game was off. Our pitch about a mile from the ground was fine.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Atleast they gave us complmentary tickets for the rearranged game

True - 11 goals for free!

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

My Dad refereed that game :)

**feels blood starting to boil**

Boxing Day 2001?

I think that might have been the day we played the QoS supporters and beat them before going to Palmerston only to be told the game was off. Our pitch about a mile from the ground was fine.

It wasn't Boxing Day but coincidentally the Saturday prior to Christmas Day. I remember being in a pub in Dumfries and in came a one legged Santa Claus.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I see that both the Scottish Cup matches to be played tomorrow night involving our potential opponents and Queen o' the South's potential opponents for the next round (due to be played on Saturday 8th January) have been postponed again... think there due to try again on the 28th December, but the weather is looking right dodgy next weekend also so they might not go ahead..

I wonder if there any chance our league match with Queens could be scheduled for the 8th January instead of the cup match? Better that than a Tuesday..

The famous man looked at the red cup.

Why that? :)

For a start, the game should not have gone ahead - Noah's ark would probably have foundered in those conditions. Credit was due to both teams for trying to play a bit of football despite the weather.

Derek Collins was taken out of the play at 3-1 down (around 20 mimutes gone), but instead of a free-kick and the likely yellow card for the QoS player, "play-on" was given and the home side allowed to run up and score a 4th goal. Only then was the trainer allowed on to help Del, who was unable to continue and was promptly carried off.

The journey home up the M74 in the driving snow, hail and rain was the most treacherous I've ever driven in (although it would be later surpassed by the return from Livingston a few years later).

It was a bit surreal to see many Ton fans at half-time on their mobile phones trying to convince the folk on the other end that they were not winding them up and that it really was 6-3 to QoS.

For a start, the game should not have gone ahead - Noah's ark would probably have foundered in those conditions. Credit was due to both teams for trying to play a bit of football despite the weather.

Derek Collins was taken out of the play at 3-1 down (around 20 mimutes gone), but instead of a free-kick and the likely yellow card for the QoS player, "play-on" was given and the home side allowed to run up and score a 4th goal. Only then was the trainer allowed on to help Del, who was unable to continue and was promptly carried off.

The journey home up the M74 in the driving snow, hail and rain was the most treacherous I've ever driven in (although it would be later surpassed by the return from Livingston a few years later).

It was a bit surreal to see many Ton fans at half-time on their mobile phones trying to convince the folk on the other end that they were not winding them up and that it really was 6-3 to QoS.

Did it not finish 6-5? Ok my mistake prob wrong game!

DIVISION 2 LEAGUE WINNERS 06/07

Did it not finish 6-5? Ok my mistake prob wrong game!

it was 6-3 at half time to Queen of the South. Morton scored twice in the second half to bring the score back to 6-5.

That game also included the worst miss I've ever seen, John Gibson (ouch) missing an open goal from about 8 yards.

Archived