Game Off - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Game Off

pink_panther

it was 6-3 at half time to Queen of the South. Morton scored twice in the second half to bring the score back to 6-5.

That game also included the worst miss I've ever seen, John Gibson (ouch) missing an open goal from about 8 yards.

8 yards?

In my memory he was about 2 yards out!

I must be being kind to him then.

I've just remember another shocking miss. Iain Ferguson skying one over the bar from 6 yards at Inverness. Think it may have been Stark's last game in charge, finished 6-2 to Caley?

I think Ferguson had gone by the 6-2 game, which was Starks last game - my main memory from that game was Bryan Slavin getting an absolutely torrid time from several ICT players.

I think Ferguson's miss may have been in our first game at the Caledonian Stadium earlier that season.

it was 6-3 at half time to Queen of the South. Morton scored twice in stoppage time to bring the score back to 6-5.

Fixed that for you. ;)

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived