Just Got A Text From Vikington - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Just Got A Text From Vikington

Zutons

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as it's only until January. He'll probably be injured by then and isn't really any better than what we have from what I've seen.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Well I can't really send a text by my current phone so I'm not sure how that works out...

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You can never put too much value on experience. ^_^

Fair enough but in that case I reckon McFarlane was a better option. Better player and as much as if not more experience and we let him go.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Fair enough but in that case I reckon McFarlane was a better option. Better player and as much as if not more experience and we let him go.

Surprised at that, I think Young has real quality, and confidence/fitness will be the only drawback, if anything.

:lol: :lol: You are joking, aren't you?? McFarlane was a great player in his day, but far too slow now for First Division football. He's training with Dumbarton just now, so may play against us next Saturday. I know which one I'd rather have in the team at the moment.

:lol: :lol: You are joking, aren't you?? McFarlane was a great player in his day, but far too slow now for First Division football. He's training with Dumbarton just now, so may play against us next Saturday. I know which one I'd rather have in the team at the moment.

SealROFL.jpg

onsP5NR.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Nov 12 2010, 03:35 PM) 780768[/snapback]
I have a question for those that are not impressed by him, were you at the Dumfermline game last week? The reason I ask is he was one of the best if not the best midfielder on the park last week.

Don't be daft Big B. many ton fans follow the philosophy of one of our previous managerial disasters.

If someone doesn't look good in half a game they are duffers. :rolleyes:

(others tend to wait until a new player has bedded into a side before branding them a duffer if they are still crap)

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I think that Young is the calming influence we have needed in midfield this season. He allows Tidser to do his bit pushing forward, and also has allowed Moore to put Jenkins over to the right and push froward from there. I am glad the chairman has put some money for him, a few more performances like last Saturday and it will be a good signing.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

B)-->
<!--quotec-->I have a question for those that are not impressed by him, were you at the Dumfermline game last week? The reason I ask is he was one of the best if not the best midfielder on the park last week.

Don't be daft Big B. many ton fans follow the philosophy of one of our previous managerial disasters.

If someone doesn't look good in half a game they are duffers. :rolleyes:

(others tend to wait until a new player has bedded into a side before branding them a duffer if they are still crap)

Aye true unfortunatley that is some Morton fans for you.

B)-->

I have a question for those that are not impressed by him, were you at the Dumfermline game last week? The reason I ask is he was one of the best if not the best midfielder on the park last week.

I was impressed with pretty much everyone in that game though. Doesn't mean I think Toto or Graham are now great players either. If he's consistently that good between now and January then it'll have been a good piece of business by Moore.

onsP5NR.jpg

B)-->

Yes, and no he wasn't. Tidser was the best central midfielder on the park, and it wouldn't have taken much for Young to be better than either of Dunfermline's central midfielders as their whole team were woeful.

As GG already said, Brian Graham was probably the best striker on the park last week, doesn't mean I all of a sudden think he's good enough. Deserving of a further chance maybe.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Young is not a newcomer to football - he's been around for more than long enough for an opinion to be formed.

If he goes out and proves me wrong by consistently playing well then great.

TTG JIM!!!

B)-->
<!--quotec-->I have a question for those that are not impressed by him, were you at the Dumfermline game last week? The reason I ask is he was one of the best if not the best midfielder on the park last week.

Yes, and no he wasn't. Tidser was the best central midfielder on the park, and it wouldn't have taken much for Young to be better than either of Dunfermline's central midfielders as their whole team were woeful.

As GG already said, Brian Graham was probably the best striker on the park last week, doesn't mean I all of a sudden think he's good enough. Deserving of a further chance maybe.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Young is not a newcomer to football - he's been around for more than long enough for an opinion to be formed.

If he goes out and proves me wrong by consistently playing well then great.

Opinion.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived