Todays Tele... - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Todays Tele...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get decision by Rae/Moore/(whoever it was).

Getting rid of the wasters and keeping a guy who may well prove to be successful under the new manager whoever it may be. Job well done whoever it was.

Personally I think it was the new manager who made these decisions. If it was Rae, I still don't care, he's done the correct thing, IMO.

Big thanks to Alex and Alan for their efforts in their time with the club, and good luck to them with the rest of their careers, wherever they end up. If it was me deciding then Brian Graham would have been on the dole alongside you but someone somewhere obviously felt that he was worth keeping.

Fixed that for you :rolleyes: .

Big thanks to Alex, Alan, Dominic and Donovan for their efforts in their time with the club, and good luck to them with the rest of their careers, wherever they end up. If it was me deciding then Brian Graham would have been on the dole alongside you but someone somewhere obviously felt that he was worth keeping.

totally agree, can't believe he got a new deal. Whats the point in having a manager. When we find out at the end of the month Dougie will tell him that this is the team you have you work with and bye the way, I pick the team for saturday

Same merry-go- round every year. Another waste of a wage.

None of this is giving me a good feeling TBH. I would have been prepared to give Grady a chance, but kinda understood that the board felt differently, especially after the last game of the season which could have gone horribly wrong.

BUT no business can make sensible hiring/firing decisions in the absence of a professional manager who knows the business its in - football's no different.

If Rae's to be believed then there's still a shortlist of managers - so whoever it turns out to be, they're out of the picture just now. So no-one is pulling the strings on these decisions, or eyeing new signings.

By my reckoning our "squad" currently consists of: Cuthbert, Stewart (maybe), McKinlay (maybe), MacGregor (maybe), Greacen (urgh), Monti, Jenkins (ouch), Tidser, MacFarlane (injured?), Weatherson, Russell (unimpressive), and Graham (jury's out).

So there's a lot to come in, and some pretty crucial spots to fill (both full backs and wing combinations, plus a proper striker for alongside Weatherson). And no new manager for at least another week.

It might turn out alright, but if it does it will be luck not judgement.

Russell (unimpressive), and Graham (jury's out).

How can you say the jury is out on a guy with a woeful record like Graham, but say Russell is unimpressive despite providing us with a hell of a lot more goals, and our best result in the League Cup for decades?

Brian Graham aint been tested in the first. He has hardly started a game. He should have been loaned to a 2nd division team if we were not going to use him.

Russell is not first division standard!

Same merry-go- round every year. Another waste of a wage.

Graham at least tries to earn his wage and quality or not you can at least count on 100% effort. Providing he's not on a big salary - and I doubt that he is - it's not the worst news. Similar to Finlayson, who, like Graham, I wouldn't be sad to see the back of but don't grudge them their wage while they put a shift in for it. If you get what I mean.

How can you say the jury is out on a guy with a woeful record like Graham, but say Russell is unimpressive despite providing us with a hell of a lot more goals, and our best result in the League Cup for decades?

Well, Templeman provided one of our best results in the cup for a long time too. Not fussed if Russell stays or goes really.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

8 goals in 24 starts in his first season says otherwise. :rolleyes:

I don't think it does.

Having watched him play for Morton for three seasons, I'm not sure he is First Division standard. The game that really summed it up for me was the 3-1 loss at Dens Park just before Christmas. He came back from Alloa, went straight into the starting XI and looked totally out of his depth.

For every good game he'd have, he'd have three ineffective ones.

If he gets a new deal from Allan Moore - if he gets the job - I hope he thrives under a manager who appears to believe in him and proves me wrong.

Get decision by Rae/Moore/(whoever it was).

Getting rid of the wasters and keeping a guy who may well prove to be successful under the new manager whoever it may be. Job well done whoever it was.

If it was Rae, I still don't care, he's done the correct thing, IMO.

Spot on.....too many moaners on here not happy when it's obvious the correct decisions have been made, any manager who comes in would have done the same so maybe it was DDR but anyone 1 of us would have done the same so what's the point in moaning, did you want to continue paying these wasters more wages until a new manager was appointed who would have made the same decision, think not, these players have took the club for enough cash already.

BP.

Graham at least tries to earn his wage and quality or not you can at least count on 100% effort. Providing he's not on a big salary - and I doubt that he is - it's not the worst news. Similar to Finlayson, who, like Graham, I wouldn't be sad to see the back of but don't grudge them their wage while they put a shift in for it. If you get what I mean.

Well, Templeman provided one of our best results in the cup for a long time too. Not fussed if Russell stays or goes really.

I know the lad tries , he's not a charlatan like some but it is another example of Dougie likes him so he stays feck all to do with Moore. Ever since the boy came into the first team he's been lauded by Dougie , like MacGregor.

Do you want the club to move foward or keep the usual sh1t year on year.

I know the lad tries , he's not a charlatan like some but it is another example of Dougie likes him so he stays feck all to do with Moore. Ever since the boy came into the first team he's been lauded by Dougie , like MacGregor.

Do you want the club to move foward or keep the usual sh1t year on year.

We'll see what the next manager makes of him. I think he could be a competent striker at this level.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I think he could be a competent striker at this level.

Based on what exactly?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived