Todays Tele... - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Todays Tele...

Accept DDFR as your saviour ?

I don't understand why you post anything that you do. Anything you do is universally met with :huh: :mellow: :blink: :wacko:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha the Tele does it again!

110ybrm.png

Accept Christ as your saviour!

Billy mistake aside, I should bloody hope we've not seen the best of him, cause if we have we'd be as well keeping Simmonds :ph34r:

pen.jpg

Anyone think that the new manager (who is Moore I think-just not announced) has told Doogie he wants Graham?

As someone else said above- I would be pretty sure this is what is happening.

Just a thought! Maybe Grady submitted 'his' list adn DDFR is acting on that!

Just a thought! Maybe Grady submitted 'his' list adn DDFR is acting on that!

That's pretty much my understanding of it. He's effectively backed the last management team's judgement in terms of who should leave, after disposing of them first.

That's pretty much my understanding of it. He's effectively backed the last management team's judgement in terms of who should leave, after disposing of them first.

I remember when Willie McLean left in 1985, he named the free transfers (and there were a lot of them) before leaving the Club and McGraw taking over. I'm not sure if that's the norm though, given that we've not got rid of many managers at the season end (McCall, Maxwell and Grady being the only three in the 25 years after McLean).

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Releasing most seems reasonable - as retaining them means giving them another contract, before the manager comes in. Why Graham would be, again, a reasonable exception, is that at his age he could potentially atract a transfer fee (look at the debate on here after that boy moved from Livi to Boro, even if the fee isn't that big). In that sense, think Rae is within his rights to take that gamble, even if it is with an eye to recouping some money (pure speculation on my part).

I remember when Willie McLean left in 1985, he named the free transfers (and there were a lot of them) before leaving the Club and McGraw taking over. I'm not sure if that's the norm though, given that we've not got rid of many managers at the season end (McCall, Maxwell and Grady being the only three in the 25 years after McLean).

Its different now though - when a contract ends thats it unless a new one is signed.

Back then even when it expired you were still controlled by the club in a sense.

I think the route they have taken is a sensible one as it doesn't burn bridges with any of the players so if a new manager does like the look of them we should be in a better position than other clubs to resign them.

As for Graham I dont think he deserves a contract but as others have mentioned his situation is a bit different due to his age and sell on fees, etc.

Its different now though - when a contract ends thats it unless a new one is signed.

Back then even when it expired you were still controlled by the club in a sense.

I think the route they have taken is a sensible one as it doesn't burn bridges with any of the players so if a new manager does like the look of them we should be in a better position than other clubs to resign them.

As for Graham I dont think he deserves a contract but as others have mentioned his situation is a bit different due to his age and sell on fees, etc.

I've got more of a concern with any re-signings than with the "released" players - although I hope that they've been given a more positive message than simply "Cheerio, we don't need you anymore" just in case we actually want any of them back.

I'd even be happy for the board to re-sign Stewart given that we obviously need two goalies and his form has been great, as recognised by his POTY award.

Don't think the board should be re-signing the likes of Graham and Russell without a manager in place, and I would hope that they made reasonable efforts to retain the likes of McGuffie, Shimmin and McAlister.

My personal view on the comings and goings is that its a shame that more of the squad aren't out-of-contract - frankly I'd rather see the back of Jenkins than Reid, for example.

Archived