Queens V Morton - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens V Morton

Mr.Blue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done SO well against Q.O.S. Can that continue? I reckon we'll probably get a draw out of this match - hopefully more.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

We are due a draw - is it some sort of record to not draw a single league game until after the end of January?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

We are due a draw - is it some sort of record to not draw a single league game until after the end of January?

I'm sure it probably is - we're certainly the ony team in the senior leagues in both Scotland and England yet to draw.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

We are in a bit of bother according to the Tele with both Greacen and Shimmin doubtful due to a virus and a groin strain. According to Grady we have McGuffie and McGregor on standby for central defence.

Paartalu is also out with an ankle problem and I see Alex Walker has had a recurrence of his hernia problem - its beginning to sopund career threatening!

Righto, so I guess these recurring injuries clears up the nonense that big bad man Davie Irons was injuring all our players? Maybe they're just, err, injury prone?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Righto, so I guess these recurring injuries clears up the nonense that big bad man Davie Irons was injuring all our players? Maybe they're just, err, injury prone?

Of the players mentioned, clearly there is a problem with Shimmin. If there wasn't, he would be playing at a higher level.

Greacen is not bad and a virus is hardly an injury.

Paartalu has a decent fitness record also.

Alex Walker though is the one whom I would worry for his career and his injury is one of the Irons induced hernias.

Alex Walker though is the one whom I would worry for his career and his injury is one of the Irons induced hernias.

Evidence please? Picking up an injury in an 18 month stewardship of the club isn't sufficient in itself.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

So, from last week where the team were all injury free we are now back to square one again. If Greacen and Shimmin are out, and no other Striker to help up front, i can only see Queen's taking the piss and winning this one.

Evidence please? Picking up an injury in an 18 month stewardship of the club isn't sufficient in itself.

Morton had to shell out for 6 hernia operations at £3k a pop. The cause was ultimately attributed to a particular exercise that Irons was keen on. That is and was pretty common knowledge. Alex was one of the 6.

So, from last week where the team were all injury free we are now back to square one again. If Greacen and Shimmin are out, and no other Striker to help up front, i can only see Queen's taking the piss and winning this one.

That means it's an opportunity for other players. I think we try to plod on with the same journeymen too much, maybe someone like Russell, Kane or McKinlay will come in and show they deserve a chance. Do we have any young centre backs?

Hovering around freezing in Dumfries. Sun is out though so that should provide some warmth to thaw the pitch out - I think they have covers down although I don't know if they are taken off during the day to let the sun get at the pitch. Just got back from visiting a site near Gretna and the ground there was frozen although just near the surface. Forecast is -3 tonight but +1 tomorrow night, so that suggests the pitch should be OK for Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived