Queens V Morton - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens V Morton

Mr.Blue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Lindberg/Rajamaki in the team it would have been Cormack or McArthur at left back & usually McCahill and or Johnstone in defence with Anderson. John Boag left a couple of season earlier, Doak retired the season before & McPherson wasn't a left back until McCall came in. Alexander was there for the 2nd Division Championship season.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

would really like to see if this would work

-Stewart-

McGuffie-Greacan-Shimmin-McKinlay

-McAllister-Jenkins-Paartalu-tidser-

-Weatherson-Simmonds-

Subs. cuthbert , Reid, Russell, finlayson, McFarlane.

Can Tidser play left mid?

Thought he was a centre mid

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

With Lindberg/Rajamaki in the team it would have been Cormack or McArthur at left back & usually McCahill and or Johnstone in defence with Anderson. John Boag left a couple of season earlier, Doak retired the season before & McPherson wasn't a left back until McCall came in. Alexander was there for the 2nd Division Championship season.

My memory was playing tricks. Do you / anyone have the first team squad from 1994/95/96?

You were closer than me, here's the 1995/96 squad, swap two from Anderson/Johnstone/Reid for Boag and Doak:

David Wylie

Andre Boe

Derek Collins

John Anderson

Dougie Johnstone

Scott McArthur

Brian Reid

Derek McInnes

Janne Lindberg

Alan Mahood

Craig McPherson

Rowan Alexander

Marko Rajamaki

Derek Lilley

Warren Hawke

Stewart

McGuffie - Greacan - Shimmin - McKinlay

McAllister - Jenkins - Tidser - Monti

Simmonds Weatherson

Goals is what we need not defensive midfielders!

I'd be happy with that team, it's just that Grady's already said Monti doesn't have the pace for left mid. Perhaps having McKinlay as support could make a difference.

It's surely better to have someone without pace who can get a cross in than someone with pace who can't!

Stewart

Reid - Greacan - Shimmin - McKinlay

Finlayson - Partaluu - Tidser - McAlister

Russell - Weatherson

Jenkins and McGuffie have been crap all season, so they don't deserve a first team start. Bring them on as subs and see if their form has improved.

Masterton seems to have shown up well in training so perhaps he should get on the bench.

Simmonds may play as a trialist perhaps ?? Bring him on late in the game and let him run at tired defenders.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Stewart

Finlayson - Partaluu - Tidser - McAlister

Russell - Weatherson

Jenkins and McGuffie have been crap all season, so they don't deserve a first team start. Bring them on as subs and see if their form has improved.

Masterton seems to have shown up well in training so perhaps he should get on the bench.

Simmonds may play as a trialist perhaps ?? Bring him on late in the game and let him run at tired defenders.

The Russell/Weatherson partnership should definitively be given a chance. JG rightly says that we dont have pace up front. Russell has an abundance of that. A team stsrting without Jenkins and McGufife would suit me as at least we would be starting a game with 11 instead of 9 for a change.

It's not to go below -1, and it's to be sunny Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...

Queens must have a forecast more along my lines as they've had the covers down last night.

Jenkins and McGuffie have been crap all season, so they don't deserve a first team start.

That's absolute mince. Mcguffie has been shunted from pillar to post while still contributing a fair amount (particularly at right back). Jenkins has been injured for much of the season, and regardless, the quality gap from players like Jenkins to the likes of Paartalu is too great for form to bridge.

Stewart

McGuffie Shimmin Greacen McKinlay

Finlayson Jenkins McFarlane McAllister

Weatherson Simmonds

Is a team I'd quite like to see, and one that Grady would realistically put out on the pitch.

Quuens are a strong home side and they need to come at us, I think we need a defensive midfielder and a box-to-box player to add solidity to the team first and foremost. I think Tidser may well be more suited to home matches until the point when we have fully addressed our defensive weaknesses: we concede a shocking amount of goals on the road as it is.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I bet we win!

Why?

I know a couple of Queens fans thorugh uni and we meet up often at these games and I'll go in their end to watch it. Any time this has happened it has resulted in a draw.

Any time I don't go we beat them.

I'm not going this time.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Stewart

Finlayson - Partaluu - Masterton - McAlister

Simmonds - Weatherson

Would like to see Masterton given a chance on sat to see if he has improved ..doubt he will get his chance though,

Going for a draw on this one 2-2 Partaluu, Weatherson,

Grady needs to pick the team to suit the game. He needs some pace in case David Weatherston is playing. He needs some muscle to deal with Derek Holmes (I'd say Shimmin for that one but maybe let Stuart deal with the aerial stuff and allow Dom to mop up and release the ball.). And he needs to have someone to mark Leon Knight, who looked skilful and nippy in the one game I've seen him play.

Last time we were at Palmerston, Brian Graham absolutely owned David Lilley. It was commented on that Brian's display that day was the best seen by an away centre forward in years. I'd therefore think that having Graham in the team might not be a bad idea. Lilley can be quite good but he seems to get knocked out his stride and can have a bit of a temper - I think he has had quite a few yellows. He was all arms and elbows against Brian last time but maybe this time the ref won't be so lenient.

Queens are a very good team and well managed; they do have off days though. A difficult game for us. We will need to be at our best.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived