'celtic B' - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'celtic B'

if it is part of a league reconstruction, and they also are not allowed promotion from those leagues then fine

it would boost attendances and be good for lower league teams

Then they would be top of the league for each season running and promotion only attainable through the playoffs. Which means 10th spot becomes a playoff spot which will make teams play more s***e as they wont need to do too much to survive as long as they finish 1st-9th.

It's another one of those supposin supposin two men were frozen situation as only a wee blether about it has taken place.

Theres a lot of hypotetical questions which it throws up.

I would be asking, where would this B teams home stadium be ? I'd assume Celtic Park and I don't know if they would cope with Annan's huge travelling support.

what happens if the A Team are top of the league and need to win by 6 goals to win the league and they are playing the B team, it would look a bit iffy if the A team hammered them and conversely if the B team needed points to avoid relegation the A team could throw it for them.

How would transfers work between the A and B team ? I'd assume that the two squads would need to be announnced at the start of the season and no improper switching of players between the two would occur ???

A negative I can think of would be that other teams would no longer be able to get 2nd string Celts, or even youngsters on loan from them.

PS, FTOF

Whats the point? The reserves will romp the lower leagues no doubt about it. So there will be two Celtics in the SPL. Bad enough with one of them never mind two.

I think it would run similar to the Spanish and German leagues where the B teams cant compete in the top league or the same league as the first team - should the first team be relegated.

Personally I don't like the idea of having another set of O.F. teams in the leagues but it might help out smaller clubs after they are left behind when SPL2 kicks off.

It's another one of those supposin supposin two men were frozen situation as only a wee blether about it has taken place.

Theres a lot of hypotetical questions which it throws up.

I would be asking, where would this B teams home stadium be ? I'd assume Celtic Park and I don't know if they would cope with Annan's huge travelling support.

what happens if the A Team are top of the league and need to win by 6 goals to win the league and they are playing the B team, it would look a bit iffy if the A team hammered them and conversely if the B team needed points to avoid relegation the A team could throw it for them.

How would transfers work between the A and B team ? I'd assume that the two squads would need to be announnced at the start of the season and no improper switching of players between the two would occur ???

A negative I can think of would be that other teams would no longer be able to get 2nd string Celts, or even youngsters on loan from them.

I'm not sure on the ground they would use but I'd assume they would just use the ground their existing reserves play at. Eg. Broomfield for Celtic and Broadwood for Rangers since fans don't get into Murray Park.

The transfers will be a funny one. I've got a feeling they'll be able to openly swap players about but maybe only allow the B team to field players from the first team if they have been out injured, suspended.

if it is part of a league reconstruction, and they also are not allowed promotion from those leagues then fine

it would boost attendances and be good for lower league teams

[/quote .

Why dont we have all the teams that are in the same situation as celtic,put them all into the third division,move some teams up a league and then you can start and have your 14 team spl 1 and 2.Or start bringing in some jnr teams.Some of them get bigger crowds than the third div teams.There has got to be something done.

I can see the SFL going for this on the condition they vote 'no' to SPL 2.

Would they be restricted to the same transfer window regulations?

Could the B side be promoted and relegated in the 1st , 2nd or 3rd division?

If they rose through the leagues, which would seem likely, could we have a situation where each season either rangers or celtic B side won the 1st division, effectively meaning no promotion to or relegation from the SPL?

Or is this all a pre-cursor to Rangers and Celtic joining some sort of european league and leaving behind their B sides to dominate domestically to maintain the status quo and effectively be running 2 club sides, equaling more income...??

This should never be allowed to happen.

It's nothing more than a marketing exercise by celtic, bringing the roadshow to wee towns all over Scotland so that the local turncoats can have a huddle on their own doorstep.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Self-interest once again comes into play - did you read the comments from the lower league clubs in the Daily Record, most of them for this idea.

Celtic (and Rangers) just about bleed local supports dry and the last thing we need is to lose more fans to the gruesome twosome.

An emphatic NO.

I just wish that they'd p*** off to their Atlantic League, Dublin, Belfast or wherever and get the hell outa here.

How are they going to be fitted into the league? replacing another team or through league reconstruction? if its league reconstruction then their self preservation could be the thing thats finally helped Scottish Football for once. If anything is ever to change in Scottish football to make it better then it has to be of benefit to the Old Firm.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

A horrible idea that would ruin what is left of Scottish football.

1. Their games would, in effect, all be friendlies and therefore take the competitive edge away from the lower leagues

2. This would take all the 'floating fans' from smaller teams (those who cant go to Ibrox/Parkhead or are undecided)

3. They would have an unfair advantage over smaller clubs.

4. Why should they be allowed their reserves in proper leagues? What if Morton wanted to do the same?

5. Why should a team just be allowed to join a league at their request? Could I ask for my Sunday league team to join?

6. The already derogetary mentalitly of their supporters towards 'wee' teams would worsen.

7. Will a team drop out at their request and if there is restructuring then why only now and not after people have spoke about it for years?

8. Its not fair on previous applicants for league status.

9. They wouldn't have any supporters - all it would be is a passing interest in a reserve game so whats the point in joining a competition?

I could go on...

Archived