'celtic B' - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

'celtic B'

Seeing I started this I will put my 2 cents in. I don’t think that celtic B would romp the league as much as people say perhaps 1st division relegation contenders.

I don’t think this is a good idea as the OF have a stranglehold on small towns and it would only get worse.

How would it work with cup competitions?

I think if we are looking at reconstruction or SPL 2 then we have the SPL and the Scottish League of 2 leagues of 22 plays each other twice one home one away.

Scotland is not big enough or good enough more importantly to have 4 leagues

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Seeing I started this I will put my 2 cents in. I don’t think that celtic B would romp the league as much as people say perhaps 1st division relegation contenders.

I don’t think this is a good idea as the OF have a stranglehold on small towns and it would only get worse.

How would it work with cup competitions?

I think if we are looking at reconstruction or SPL 2 then we have the SPL and the Scottish League of 2 leagues of 22 plays each other twice one home one away.

Scotland is not big enough or good enough more importantly to have 4 leagues

But there's the thing - they seem to be bleating some nonsense about not being promoted. Who the bloody hell do they think they are???? Is everyone else just to battle it out for 2nd place???

If the 3rd Division clubs think this is a good idea, the teams from the 1st and 2nd should tell them to sling their hook and let them slug it out in a stand-alone league with their extra five neds and a pitbull every week.

AWMSC

But there's the thing - they seem to be bleating some nonsense about not being promoted. Who the bloody hell do they think they are???? Is everyone else just to battle it out for 2nd place???

If the 3rd Division clubs think this is a good idea, the teams from the 1st and 2nd should tell them to sling their hook and let them slug it out in a stand-alone league with their extra five neds and a pitbull every week.

Exactly! They dont want to be in cups or promoted so it totally devalues the league and no matter how small the teams are in that league or how small the crowds are the fans are just as passionate as anyone and dont deserve their league to be used as a training session for a team only interested in themselves.

If they want their youngsters / squad players to get more first team experience, they should a) stop buying all the decent players from the other SPL sides and then letting them rot in the reserves, and B) be more willing to loan more of these players out to other SPL sides.

FTOF

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived