Rowan Alexander Interview - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rowan Alexander Interview

El gofer

I agree with all of that.

According to a good friend of Jim Duffy, he got a thirty second phone call from Mr Rae's secretary to knock him back for the job.

That's pathognomonic of everything that's been wrong at Greenock Morton since ever Rae decided to polish his ego and promote second rate confectionery on football strips.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't have replied to him at all. I'd have filed him with the rest of the cranks and the Champ Man have-a-go applicants.

Well that's youropinion. Personally I would have picked him before DI. Still doesn't excuse informing someone by email. Very impersonal.

According to a good friend of Jim Duffy, he got a thirty second phone call from Mr Rae's secretary to knock him back for the job.

At least that's better than an email. Doesn't leave a good impression of the club though and will prob put off both guys from applying again unfortunately.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

That's pathognomonic of everything that's been wrong at Greenock Morton since ever Rae decided to polish his ego and promote second rate confectionery on football strips.

I don't understand the problem with this. Isn't a note along the lines of "Thanks for applying, but you've been unsuccessful" all that's required in turning down applicants?

email is a perfectly valid method of delivering it.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

Well that's youropinion. Personally I would have picked him before DI. Still doesn't excuse informing someone by email. Very impersonal.

At least that's better than an email. Doesn't leave a good impression of the club though and will prob put off both guys from applying again unfortunately.

What do you want, a bloody telegram?

He's lucky he got a reply at all. He is a crank.

EOho8Pw.png

I'd imagine that every Manager and prospective Manager in Scottish football is well aware of Rae's reputation Weegie.

Hopefully the next appointment is taken on a vote.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Really interesting interview, and he comes across rather well. The situation he was put in with Wadsworth supervising him and then Irons taking credit for what must at least have been in part his hard work, would piss anyone off.

I have a feeling that Alexander is a better manager than people now give him credit for. OK, Gretna were able to bring in quite a few players due to Mileson's misplaced generosity, but he must have done something right? They were on the verge of promotion when he got forced on sick leave, even though he was passed fit.

The guy has a strong personality, the sort of which alienates people at times, but I wonder now if he could have done a better job than Irons is doing at present. I hope he gets back into management at some level. Even at a Division Three club. Hand him the Elgin job, I'd put money on him hauling them up the table, rather than being the new laughing stock of the Scottish game.

First post of yours I've agreed with since 2002, especially the bit in bold.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

First post of yours I've agreed with since 2002, especially the bit in bold.

I reckon, much like McGraw, he needs a good assistant alongside...QOTS fell away badly when Mark Shanks left and Ro was in sole charge, and Irons' arrival at Gretna co-incided with an improvement in their results if I remember correctly.

Morton gave him a knock back by email. That about sums up the current regime.

Better than Andy Ritchie though. He applied for the job at the same time as Jim McInally but his application wasn't even acknowledged.

What do you want, a bloody telegram?

He's lucky he got a reply at all. He is a crank.

And you have proof of this?? Anyway this is detracting from my original point.

I'd imagine that every Manager and prospective Manager in Scottish football is well aware of Rae's reputation Weegie.

Hopefully the next appointment is taken on a vote.

Highly unlikely scenario mate.

Better than Andy Ritchie though. He applied for the job at the same time as Jim McInally but his application wasn't even acknowledged.

That's shocking. Unfortunately this is indicative of the workplace today. I have lost count of the number of applications I have sent over the years which have never even been acknowledged. If I was in business i would at least send a letter of acknowledgement, even if it is to knock back someone. At least it sends a message that you saw the application and it helps your reputation in the long run. Something businesses and companies rely on more and more these days.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

That's shocking. Unfortunately this is indicative of the workplace today. I have lost count of the number of applications I have sent over the years which have never even been acknowledged. If I was in business i would at least send a letter of acknowledgement, even if it is to knock back someone. At least it sends a message that you saw the application and it helps your reputation in the long run. Something businesses and companies rely on more and more these days.

Ignoring the clubs greatest ever player is a lot worse than applying for a job in a company that has never heard of you though.

Alan McGraw has had similar problems with Rae as far as I know too. I know his allegiances lie elsewhere now but guys like him should be at least made welcome if not involved.

Ignoring the clubs greatest ever player is a lot worse than applying for a job in a company that has never heard of you though.

Alan McGraw has had similar problems with Rae as far as I know too. I know his allegiances lie elsewhere now but guys like him should be at least made welcome if not involved.

Correct-McGraw effectively told Rae to fuck off out of the dressing room!

Mr Rae doesn't like that sort of thing! :lol:

YER BARD

Fair point mate. Alan McGraw's allegiances were always to another team even when he was playing at Cappielow. That's straight from the horses mouth mate, but he always looks out for our score at full time.

:lol:

To be fair, Alan Main's Wife's A Hoor.

Singa along with Donga :D

And you have proof of this?? Anyway this is detracting from my original point.

Do I have proof that he's a crank? Yes: pretty much every time he's opened his mouth.

The Ritchie case is shocking, though. There is a man who deserves a courteous reply at the very least.

EOho8Pw.png

Do I have proof that he's a crank? Yes: pretty much every time he's opened his mouth.

The Ritchie case is shocking, though. There is a man who deserves a courteous reply at the very least.

Irrespective of personal attributes real or imagined, the club should have dealt with all applications in an acceptable professional manner.

YER BARD

Jackie McNamara certainly did one afternoon, and there was no 'effectively' about it

Irrespective of personal attributes real or imagined, the club should have dealt with all applications in an acceptable professional manner.

I thought you had a son who was a recruitment hotshot or something? In this day and age, he'd be able to tell you that in many fields not every application receives a response.

EOho8Pw.png

I thought you had a son who was a recruitment hotshot or something? In this day and age, he'd be able to tell you that in many fields not every application receives a response.

I don't need to be told that either by my son or by yourself. That doesn't make it right.

Furthermore the topic on discussion is that of the appointment of a Manager by a small business which is supervised exclusively by one man. His failure to deal with applications in a professional manner is merely one feature of his renowned dismissive arrogance.

YER BARD

Archived