Rowan Alexander Interview - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rowan Alexander Interview

El gofer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wasn't appointed as manager, though. He was turned down, apparently with a phone call. That's more than he deserved.

The treatment of Andy Ritchie (if true) is shocking, though.

To be frank I couldn't give two hoots about it. I've long since despaired of any sense of fair play from Rae.

What you appear to suggest is that it is correct for applicants for the same post to be treated differently, and I believe that is fundamentally wrong and could potentially lead to allegations of discrimination on whatever grounds.

I'd be interested in the opinions of our HR posters. I'm talking in general terms.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Thing is though, it;s not as it Morton are inundated with applications for the manegrs job - if we were, the chances are would have managed to get a good one at some point!

There's no excuse for not picking up the phone and delivering a personal "thanks but no, thanks", really. If nothing else, it's just plain bad manners regardless of what other people do.

AWMSC

To be frank I couldn't give two hoots about it. I've long since despaired of any sense of fair play from Rae.

What you appear to suggest is that it is correct for applicants for the same post to be treated differently, and I believe that is fundamentally wrong and could potentially lead to allegations of discrimination on whatever grounds.

I'd be interested in the opinions of our HR posters. I'm talking in general terms.

It is correct for applicants to the same post to be treated differently. You can believe it's fundamentally wrong if you like, but I imagine you have no experience in this area and wouldn't even care about it if it didn't allow you a chance to stick the boot in to Rae again.

Are you genuinely interested in HR opinions, or just ones that are going to back up your prejudices?

EOho8Pw.png

Irons' arrival at Gretna co-incided with an improvement in their results if I remember correctly.

I'm not 100% sure about that, but I do know that as soon as Alexander left Gretna they started to plummet and never recovered. This was after 3 successive promotions, a Scottish Cup Final appearance and a Uefa Cup appearance, all under the stewardship of Alexander.

Much as you try

the stats never lie

Correct-McGraw effectively told Rae to fuck off out of the dressing room!

Yes, every match day and training day that Dougie tried to enter, until McGraw got a new set of keys cut and locked him out! When McGraw was asked if it was difficult to manage under Douglas Rae he replied "No, it was impossible"

It is correct for applicants to the same post to be treated differently. You can believe it's fundamentally wrong if you like, but I imagine you have no experience in this area and wouldn't even care about it if it didn't allow you a chance to stick the boot in to Rae again.

Are you genuinely interested in HR opinions, or just ones that are going to back up your prejudices?

:lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I'm not 100% sure about that, but I do know that as soon as Alexander left Gretna they started to plummet and never recovered. This was after 3 successive promotions, a Scottish Cup Final appearance and a Uefa Cup appearance, all under the stewardship of Alexander.

Much as you try

the stats never lie

"Statistics are like miniskirts - they give you great ideas, but they hide the really important things......." - Ebbe Skovdahl :lol:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

I've worked in HR for 20 odd years and the only comment I can make is that the lassie with the biggests T*ts tends to interview better than all the other candidates. This is not a joke it's deadly accurate.

Tell us something we don't know! ^_^

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand

our banking and monetary system, for if they did,

I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Tell us something we don't know! ^_^

When Rae called Irons and Collins in-he had already rejected all the others in favour of a pair of big tits?

YER BARD

Much as you try

the stats never lie

It also coincided with starting to let players go as the signs of financial trouble appeared, and Wadsworth getting more influence.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived