Prince Harry - Page 8 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Prince Harry

xj2006

whatever your opinions on this word or its uses, or the fact that beermonkey is choking on undigested tabloid, the fact is anyone else would have been kicked out straight away.

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 pages on this non-story. No wonder the world's falling down around us if people care more about this sort of sh1te, along with stuff like big brother, x-factor, the famine song, what aids McGeady called Strachan, etc. People are so busy being outraged by trivia that they're losing sight of issues that actually affect them.

And the fact that all these stories are being peddled by our "impartial" media goes uncommented on :angry:

Guest midTONs
Jim, go into the shop and say "Alright pak1? News of the World and a pint of milk, please" and see how it goes.

Sorry, but anyone who think "Jock" and "Taff" are on a similar level to the nickname "Pak1" are......beyond hope.

The word can be used in many ways and you have highlighted just one to suit your own argument.

Maybe it's an age or generation thing but still get a chinky on a Friday or Saturday night and sometimes buy my papers from the *potential ethnic slur removed*'s

again I dont give a toss what people think of me for it, I don't use those terms to be disrespectful I use them because that was the norm when I was younger and I aint going to change because some f*** wit decides that it aint PC.

The word can be used in many ways and you have highlighted just one to suit your own argument.

Maybe it's an age or generation thing but still get a chinky on a Friday or Saturday night and sometimes buy my papers from the *potential ethnic slur removed*'s

again I dont give a toss what people think of me for it, I don't use those terms to be disrespectful I use them because that was the norm when I was younger and I aint going to change because some f*** wit decides that it aint PC.

Would there be any other way. :(

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I could never see myself using the phrase that Prince Harry has used.

If I was meeting someone new in a foreign country and I thought they were Scottish I would have no problem saying "So, you are a Scot are you?" whereas I would imagine that no sensible person would say to somebody they thought may have been from pakistan "So, you are a Pak1 are you"? That's the diffference I think, most people know it is offensive and wouldn't actually use it - and rightly so. It is a little depressing that people aknowledge that it is offensive to people in society yet claim they will continue using the phrase - it's just a pointless phrase and I wish people would stop using it.

agree with stuart

Jim, go into the shop and say "Alright pak1? News of the World and a pint of milk, please" and see how it goes.

Sorry, but anyone who think "Jock" and "Taff" are on a similar level to the nickname "Pak1" are......beyond hope.

and agree with donga. i know loads of decent people who use the term p4ki and aren't hateful people but they wouldn't use it in front of an asian. why not? because it's offensive and old fashioned. within a few years it will go the same way as n1gg3r hopefully.that name too could be said to describe someone from niger but is actually used as an offensive term for all black people. if anyone called one of our players that name we'd all be going bush and rightly so. it's not hard to say asian instead of p4ki really. :)

Guest midTONs
agree with stuart

and agree with donga. i know loads of decent people who use the term p4ki and aren't hateful people but they wouldn't use it in front of an asian. why not? because it's offensive and old fashioned. within a few years it will go the same way as n1gg3r hopefully.that name too could be said to describe someone from niger but is actually used as an offensive term for all black people. if anyone called one of our players that name we'd all be going bush and rightly so. it's not hard to say asian instead of p4ki really. :)

Is that word only offensive when used by a non black? as the word is widely used among a lot of black communities mostly the younger generations.

and before you ask, no I don't use that word in any shape or form.

Is that word only offensive when used by a non black? as the word is widely used among a lot of black communities mostly the younger generations.

and before you ask, no I don't use that word in any shape or form.

I'm curious to know why you have no problem with pak1 but wouldn't use n1gger.

And would you call an Asian person a pak1 to his face?

What is the point? You could call me 'whitey' but if I were in Zimbabwe and it was shouted at me, I might find it a tad more offensive. I don't think it's difficult to avoid making casual racist comments towards other groups of people.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Guest midTONs
agree with stuart

FFS what next, don't call me a Scot call me European. :rolleyes:

If it was your average Joe Squaddy I'd agree, but we're talking about a senior member of the Royal Family and possible future King using racially offensive language, so there are much wider political and diplomatic consequences.

He shouldn't have said it, simple as that.

Royal family member in offensive racial storm . I wonder how much of he story Phil the Greek read before realising it was he grandson :rolleyes: .

Guest midTONs
What is the point? You could call me 'whitey' but if I were in Zimbabwe and it was shouted at me, I might find it a tad more offensive. I don't think it's difficult to avoid making casual racist comments towards other groups of people.

:lol: why would that offend you? and for what its worth I agree I don't think it's difficult to avoid making casual racist comments towards other groups of people but it only becomes racist when you are setting out to be disrespectful and as for you saying you would be offended if called whitey in a place like Zimbabwe is a joke, ffs take it easy my pale skinned friend.

You're not the first to make that observation. I find the gaming very therapeutic.

Excellent trousers btw.

I currently looking for charcoal coloured wool waistcoats, it's getting a tad chilly in school.

You'll find an excellent selection of clothes, including waistcoats, here.

http://old-town.co.uk/

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Guest midTONs
I'm curious to know why you have no problem with pak1 but wouldn't use n1gger.

When I use the word *potential ethnic slur removed* it's as an abbreviation of the word Pakistani which is totally different to describing someones colour of skin

And would you call an Asian person a pak1 to his face?

If they were in my company and they were indeed from Pakistan then I would have no problem using the word.

I think you and others are deliberately trying to miss the point, I would not walk into a a shop owned by a Pakistani and say ''alright *potential ethnic slur removed*, 6 rolls and the tele'' the same way I would not go walk into a shop and say ''alright Scottish man 6 rolls and the tele''

For the record I was in Sheffield yesterday and bought bread cakes from a corner shop known locally as Scotch Johns. Shame on the people of Sheffield eh?

This is obviously a major problem in modern Britain when the white populas use derogatory terms to describe smaller ethnic members of society, to stop these racial slurs you should do what I do, replace the offensive word with something totally unconnected to the race of the person you may be talking about.

My fav at the min is I'm just heading down the hamiltons for 6 rolls and the papers.

Totally random and my conscience is clear.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

This is obviously a major problem in modern Britain when the white populas use derogatory terms to describe smaller ethnic members of society, to stop these racial slurs you should do what I do, replace the offensive word with something totally unconnected to the race of the person you may be talking about.

My fav at the min is I'm just heading down the hamiltons for 6 rolls and the papers.

...I just say the shop name :huh:

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Who are these fckwits?!?! :) It's just society and the 21st Century, mate. Sorry.

Would there be any other way. :(

Like you guys aren't? I've not twisted anything to suit myself here.

When I use the word *potential ethnic slur removed* it's as an abbreviation of the word Pakistani which is totally different to describing someones colour of skin

If they were in my company and they were indeed from Pakistan then I would have no problem using the word.

I think you and others are deliberately trying to miss the point, I would not walk into a a shop owned by a Pakistani and say ''alright *potential ethnic slur removed*, 6 rolls and the tele'' the same way I would not go walk into a shop and say ''alright Scottish man 6 rolls and the tele''

For the record I was in Sheffield yesterday and bought bread cakes from a corner shop known locally as Scotch Johns. Shame on the people of Sheffield eh?

Jim, simple question mate. Would you use the word in earshot of your local shopkeepers? Simple as that.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

:lol:

Random my arse. Probably more offensive than Pakki seeing as you have went to the trouble of replacing the offending word with a bit of c***ney Rhyme. But then again I know where your coming from. :P FFS sake I cannie even write C O C K N E Y :(

I had a teacher in primary school who would go nuts if anyone described Scots as Scotch. Complete f***ing nutter, we were 5 or 6 and she would haul us over the coals for it. Although wrong, if someone does use it its inoffensive to me. In fact, I cannot think of anything that would be offensive to me. Whiteman, Honky, white trash, tight fisted jock, sweaty.

Maybe its because we are not as delicate as all these fuds who take offence to innocent comments. Then again we were brought up to believe the phrase 'sticks and stones' was how to deal with it.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Archived