Prince Harry - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Prince Harry

xj2006

Guest midTONs
Once again, it's all down to intent.

If you say 'Chinky' to your wife and do not mean it as a insult, then so be it. Others however certainly do use that term as a racial slur against Chinese, so using it in public can lead to misunderstandings.

I suggest you should be venting your anger at those who have hi-jacked the use of words like 'Pak1' and 'Chinky' for racial slurs, rather than those who find them offensive as a result.

Others also use the term ''Jock'' and ''Scot'' as a racial slur against the Scottish, so using it in public can lead to misunderstandings but we don't see many if any folk in this country complaining.

I think you'll find he (Barbarossa) is venting his anger at those who have hi-jacked the use of words like 'Pak1' and 'Chinky' for racial slurs, rather than those who find them offensive as a result.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest midTONs
I don't think she knows anyone from India, I could lend you the DVD though.

No thanks, I was kind of looking forward to an Indian though. :angry:

I think you'll find he (Barbarossa) is venting his anger at those who have hi-jacked the use of words like 'Pak1' and 'Chinky' for racial slurs, rather than those who find them offensive as a result.

I am glad someone understands what point I am trying to make.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

The Windsor boy was probably doing what most do, used someone's nickname at work. In most work places folk get called by their pet names so why does this make any difference to him. He needs to blend in with his workmates and be one of the gang.

As for the "ragheid" comment, that's the name given to the enemy. During WW2 the German's were called a few choice names as well.

Anyone who take's offence to that need's to get out more and sample the real world.

End of the day, "pak1" or what ever word he used. He is in the public eye big time and as such is open to scrutiny to every thing he says or does. I have no doubt he has been told that the word "pak1" would be classed as a potential slur on someone and to aviod it.

Silly little boy, much like his father who has made endless errors in his life

Silly little boy, much like his father who has made endless errors in his life

True, to see the burd he dumped for that horse he's got noo! Guy is aff his heid!

Harry's maw will be turning in her grave cos she liked the colonial boaby as well.......

Prince Harry, or whatever, a person held high by the English just because he was born into it, and forced apun us by because of we were forced into a Union no Scots wanted.

How can anyone be the best person for the role as prince just by birth right.

Long live the day Prince William becomes King, and the end of the Union :rolleyes:

See if I was of Asian decent, I would be spitting blood.

But, hey, am a Scot and we are used to being s*** on by the English

Yawn a f***, you are getting as bad as that Colkitto person

Having served in the armed forces a good few years ago, just about everyone I knew in there had some form of nickname. Very few took offence. The mix of cultures and backgrounds was unavoidable and never a problem. Scots were often referred to as Jocks, the Welsh were Taffs .... etc etc

Even cross-forces nicknames were accepted - RAF = Crabs, Army = Pongos. We called the navy WAFUs - a term of endearment which actually means Worthless And Feckin Useless.

We had one guy in our barrack block who didnt like being referred to as Pak1, so someone came up with Stan - he loved it and was known as Stan from then on in.

Generally, it's the context which is the problem, as someone above has already pointed out. It never bothered me in the slightedt if someone called me Jock, but calling me a Jock bastrd was a different matter.

Post Falklands War, whilst serving down there, a directive was sent out by some PC @rsehole that we were not to refer to the islanders as Benny's any more. Again, most of the islanders didnt take offence to being called Benny's. We jokingly then referred to them as BUGs instead (Bloody UnGratefuls). So in effect, the PC halfwit actually caused a problem, cos they certainly didn't like being called Bugs.

Why cant we just call a spade a spade? ;) ..... but that's another serviceman's story.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

Having served in the armed forces a good few years ago, just about everyone I knew in there had some form of nickname. Very few took offence. The mix of cultures and backgrounds was unavoidable and never a problem. Scots were often referred to as Jocks, the Welsh were Taffs .... etc etc

Even cross-forces nicknames were accepted - RAF = Crabs, Army = Pongos. We called the navy WAFUs - a term of endearment which actually means Worthless And Feckin Useless.

We had one guy in our barrack block who didnt like being referred to as Pak1, so someone came up with Stan - he loved it and was known as Stan from then on in.

Generally, it's the context which is the problem, as someone above has already pointed out. It never bothered me in the slightedt if someone called me Jock, but calling me a Jock bastrd was a different matter.

Post Falklands War, whilst serving down there, a directive was sent out by some PC @rsehole that we were not to refer to the islanders as Benny's any more. Again, most of the islanders didnt take offence to being called Benny's. We jokingly then referred to them as BUGs instead (Bloody UnGratefuls). So in effect, the PC halfwit actually caused a problem, cos they certainly didn't like being called Bugs.

Why cant we just call a spade a spade? ;) ..... but that's another serviceman's story.

:lol: Spot on, even in the Scottish Regiments the troops are always referred to and preferred to be called " Jocks ".

Away and salute yir Queen :unsure:

Is she oot her kip this time on a Sunday?

Probably well before us, the Corgi's need their grub ye know ;)

:lol: Spot on, even in the Scottish Regiments the troops are always referred to and preferred to be called " Jocks ".

Probably well before us, the Corgi's need their grub ye know ;)

And you think she even feeds them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived