Last Match You Went To? - Page 13 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Last Match You Went To?

Not as intriguing as VT's Dutch game, but as usual went to Hampden when we are away from home, I know a couple of dozen of them and it is much nearer than Falkirk.

After six consecutive defeats, they started playing decent football again... ripping Alex Walker to shreds, leaving his man boobs trailing in the wind!

The second goal was Ajax-esque carving open their defence with deft passing and a couple of skilful heel-drags.

Great game: QP 2-0 East Stirling

And if you could put that into capsule form, you could put Nytol out of business.

:P

*insert signature here*

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Took a trip to Nottingham on Tuesday with midTONs to see Forest against Sheffield United, which finished 1-1. Thoroughly enjoyed it, really good game with plenty of chances for both teams although United would've been disappointed not to get three points after a goalkeeping error cost them in the second half.

Was quite impressed with the City Ground, I'd be disappointed if Forest were to move to a 50,000 purpose built stadium as has been suggested as the current stadium seems to fit their needs pretty comfortably and certainly wasn't soulless like I would expect a stadium that would more often than not be 1/3 full to be.

• 4 weeks later...

Bayer Leverkusen 0 Mainz 1

Game of a reasonable standard at the impressive Bay Arena, expected a lot more from the hosts though who were pretty toothless. Bayer had the better of the first 15 minutes and the last 15 but threatened mainly from set-pieces. For the greater part of the game and from open play Mainz were the better side - not in terms of sustained pressure, but in use of the ball and incisive counter-attacking play. After a few breakaways that had somehow broken down Mainz finally made one pay in the 70th minute, Andreas Ivanschitz getting the goal.

Mainz had really good, vocal backing from their travelling fans, the food and beer at the ground was all good. One issue would be the sheer cold of sitting in the top tier yesterday evening.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Burger, chips and decent cup of coffee for £5 is by no means the worst pricing... compared with Easter Road that's a bargain!

Went to see the Arthurlie V Pollok match last month. Had been told that the Lie has been playing well. Indeed they had beaten Cumnock the previous week 4-0.

Well they were cack. Lost 4-1. First two goals were terrible. Game itself was cack. Will think long and hard before going back to see either team.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Went to see the Arthurlie V Pollok match last month. Had been told that the Lie has been playing well. Indeed they had beaten Cumnock the previous week 4-0.

Well they were cack. Lost 4-1. First two goals were terrible. Game itself was cack. Will think long and hard before going back to see either team.

At least you got to see Iain Diack scoring! :lol:

At least you got to see Iain Diack scoring! :lol:

True, true, very true thanks for reminding me :lol:

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Bayer Leverkusen 0 Mainz 1

Game of a reasonable standard at the impressive Bay Arena, expected a lot more from the hosts though who were pretty toothless. Bayer had the better of the first 15 minutes and the last 15 but threatened mainly from set-pieces. For the greater part of the game and from open play Mainz were the better side - not in terms of sustained pressure, but in use of the ball and incisive counter-attacking play. After a few breakaways that had somehow broken down Mainz finally made one pay in the 70th minute, Andreas Ivanschitz getting the goal.

Mainz had really good, vocal backing from their travelling fans, the food and beer at the ground was all good. One issue would be the sheer cold of sitting in the top tier yesterday evening.

Guy I work with is a season ticket holder at Mainz, they're having some season.

They move stadium either later this season or for the start of next, current ground looks a traditonal mix of seats and terracing and supposedly has a tremendous atmosphere.

If you're touring about and are in that area it might be worth checking out.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Guy I work with is a season ticket holder at Mainz, they're having some season.

They move stadium either later this season or for the start of next, current ground looks a traditonal mix of seats and terracing and supposedly has a tremendous atmosphere.

If you're touring about and are in that area it might be worth checking out.

I was only over for a weekend but I'll see if I have spare time in January...

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Slovan Bratislava v MSK Zilina a couple of weeks ago. Was really suprised at the small crowd (around 1600) and the poor quality of football considering they're just about the two biggest teams in Slovakia.

Filipe Sebo is back at Slovan but still looked terrible despite the low standard of football.

However the beer and sausages were nice and the most expensive ticket was 5 Euros. :)

Zilina won 1-0 with a goal on the break after around 70 mins.

I took a few pics of the ground the next day if anyone's interested:

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

if orient overcome dagenham in the cup their away to non league droylsden, which if i recall rightly is in greater manchester, quite easy to reach by train, might see if the old man fancies it

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

if orient overcome dagenham in the cup their away to non league droylsden, which if i recall rightly is in greater manchester, quite easy to reach by train, might see if the old man fancies it

A couple of miles away from Man City's new ground.

Straight forward enough, train to Manchester Piccadilly, train to Fairfield.

QPR v Portsmouth, I think around 1999. Portsmouth casuals started causing it, the players left the pitch and riot police came on, all booted and suited, shields and horses.

Funny thing was, the next week I went to a Midden v Ton game, and there were "crowd issues" there too, all over the heads of a Ton fan getting hooked out the stand for allegedly launching what looked like a bit of paper, spitting mad over a disputed penalty. I remember seeing a police helicopter hovering in the distance too, getting some nice pictures. Just thought it was unusual to see that kind of thing twice in the one week.

I went to Slovan Bratislava v MSK Zilina a couple of weeks ago. Was really suprised at the small crowd (around 1600) and the poor quality of football considering they're just about the two biggest teams in Slovakia.

Filipe Sebo is back at Slovan but still looked terrible despite the low standard of football.

However the beer and sausages were nice and the most expensive ticket was 5 Euros. :)

Zilina won 1-0 with a goal on the break after around 70 mins.

I took a few pics of the ground the next day if anyone's interested:

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Is that the national stadium in Bratislava? It certainly looks very similar to the ground you always see them playing in, but slightly smaller :unsure: .

Is that the national stadium in Bratislava? It certainly looks very similar to the ground you always see them playing in, but slightly smaller :unsure: .

I think it might be the ground in Petrozelka (sp.). Had to go to Bratislava a few times for work, and Petrozelka is this massive estate on other side of the Danube from old Bratislava, that housed all the dissidents. A cool, but slightly intimidating place on a night out.

Last game was Charlton v Sheffield Wednesday. A good 1-0 win for the Addicks.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

It isn't, it's the Stadion Pasienky. Slovan used to play at Tehelné Pole (which was the national stadium) but it was recently demolished. I don't think work has started on the new one yet.

Carlisle v Southampton today, £21 in got to stand whole game despite being in the seated area.

Bumped in to Andy McNelis and Stevie Dunning whilst there, strange who you bump into in foreign countries!

Five goals, well almost as we all missed Soton's first goal, £2.50 a pint in the stand, £15 return on the train, only a quid for a programme!

Fell asleep on the train back up the road as it was about a million degrees... genius way of stopping people drinking, make them unconscious! Damn you Branson! Acht, it was only Carlsberg and I threw the last two in the bin as it's ****ing rank!

Archived